The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware, remove the PvP from the quest to get M1-4X.

NogueiraA

Again.. Irrelevant.. When are you PVP'ers actually going to make a point??

And you wonder why so many people hate PVP.. It starts with the people.. :cool:

I am a raider, not a PVP'er... so, you've started with an incorrect assumption.

Your concerns are invalid because they are based on a premise that is incorrect. That you have to get M1-4X and the only way to do that is to do PVP. The latter half of that statement: True. The former half? False.

You do not need to get M1-4X or Pierce.

You want him. But saying "I want it" over and over like Veruca Salt doesn't strengthen your position.

I do not like to being forced to play PVP.. Case closed.. You have no reply here.. You have no justification... There is no logic you can come up with that trumps this simple concept.. I do not like being forced to play a game in a manner that I don't feel I should..

Then don't. Nobody is saying you have to PVP; unless you want a cosmetic skin.

Edit: The PVP community has been incredibly patient while all end game operations, the star fortresses, and the rest have been given vehicles, decorations, armor skins, etc... so yes, even as an end-game raider I am not opposed to a companion skin being thrown their way. So long as the caveats I have mentioned prior regarding barriers are still the case.

Edited by azudelphi

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your concerns are invalid because they are based on a premise that is incorrect. That you have to get M1-4X and the only way to do that is to do PVP. The latter half of that statement: True. The former half? False.

You want him. But saying "I want it" over and over like Veruca Salt doesn't strengthen your position.

All in favor of changing MajikMyst's name to Veruca Salt say I.

Jut as an aside, it's hilarious that:

1) They're using this as a means of getting people into Warzones, willing or otherwise.

2) That this is the only major complaint regarding recruiting companions. Apparently because people hate PVPing.

I'd say the crafting and conquest changes are doing that more than these companions are. Hardcore crafters generally aren't even people that like doing PvE and would be even worse than PvEers in PvP.

You do not get to decide what is mine or not, nor how I view things.. You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine..

I do not like to being forced to play PVP.. Case closed.. You have no reply here.. You have no justification... There is no logic you can come up with that trumps this simple concept.. I do not like being forced to play a game in a manner that I don't feel I should.. My reasons are my own and you can agree with them or not.. I never asked for your agreement..

Go ahead.. Get desperate and use what ever symantics and labels you want.. It doesn't change the basic issue here..

As to the first underlined statement, you are correct. You have a right to your own views and opinions.

As to the second, that's simply wrong. You can dance around the DICTIONARY DEFINITION of the word forced all you want, but you are not forced to do anything. That's not an opinion. That's a fact.

As to the last phrase, these aren't semantics. You are the only resorting to that. We are simply pointing out facts to you. I get that you don't want to PvP. That's fine. I also get that you want to have these companions. That's also fine. However, the later statement does not mean you are forced to do something you want. It means you have two desires in opposition. One is the desire for a reward and the other is the avoidance of content you don't like. How you resolve that conflict is your own to decide.

I get that you don't want to PvP. That's fine. I also get that you want to have these companions. That's also fine. However, the later statement does not mean you are forced to do something you want. It means you have two desires in opposition. One is the desire for a reward and the other is the avoidance of content you don't like. How you resolve that conflict is your own to decide.

This is very well put.

You say my points are wrong and you have totally missed the point of the entire thread..

We do not want to be forced to do PVP quests to get a PVE companion or do a PVE quest.. All this quest is doing is trying force more people into the starving warzones.. I see it all the time how people complain about how long it takes for a warzone to pop.. Let's be honest here.. That really is the only reason to do it..

Well, a change in the attitude in the PVP community would go along way to helping that.. But that will take an act of the force for that to happen.. :rolleyes:

You are missing my point, Expertise is a PvP only stat, but companions gain expertise therefore they are a PvP item. Using your own circular reasoning then, I can make the claim that all companions should require PvP since they gain expertise.

Jut as an aside, it's hilarious that:

1) They're using this as a means of getting people into Warzones, willing or otherwise.

2) That this is the only major complaint regarding recruiting companions. Apparently because people hate PVPing.

I've seen complaints about Qyzen as well. But I would be interested to see if they gated a companion behind a HM operation. That would be fun. There's no way I would get the guy, but I would support that decision.

I've seen complaints about Qyzen as well. But I would be interested to see if they gated a companion behind a HM operation. That would be fun. There's no way I would get the guy, but I would support that decision.

Actually, I would almost expect that if they added a Rakata companion that EV or EV HM would be required.

I never made any such assumption.. Thanks for not reading..

You are simply wrong.. I have made no incorrect premise.. You have in assuming that your opinions on this topic have any bearing on anything.. As a consular, I have to do PVP.. Try not to assume what is true for just two classes and remember the other six..

Whether I need him or not is irrelevant and not for you to decide or even comment about... You do not have that right or privilege.. You do not speak for me or anyone else.. Nor should you insult me for being right..

Again, you do not get to decide what M1-4X is to anyone.. It is plainly obvious that you are belittling it because you are desperate to be right.. You just aren't.. No assumptions here.. You are completely missing the simplest of concepts and reasonings.. You do not have the right or the power to determine for anyone else, why they might want M1-4X and for what reasons.. You have no right to make assumptions as to what toons or class they are playing.. All of this is irrelevant.. How they value or not value M1-4X is none of your business and not part this conversation...

Telling me you are a raider doesn't add anything to your credibility or my view of how you have written your posts to me or anyone else..

Edit: The PVP community has been incredibly patient while all end game operations, the star fortresses, and the rest have been given vehicles, decorations, armor skins, etc... so yes, even as an end-game raider I am not opposed to a companion skin being thrown their way. So long as the caveats I have mentioned prior regarding barriers are still the case.

The PVP community patient?? When pigs fly!! This thread says it all.. No patience here from the PVP community.. Just insults, symantics, condemnations, and a simple denial of the basic truth of this thread..

We are being forced to play PVP when we shouldn't have to..

That is the truth.. Like it or not, that is the truth.. You can make all the attempts in the world to justify it in any way you want.. It will never change the basic truth..

I don't see them going that far. HM Operations have so many pre-requisites to even beat a boss. At least with the PvP route you only have to show up. I could see them doing SM Ops or FPs at some point, but I doubt we'll see hard mode come into play.

You are missing my point, Expertise is a PvP only stat, but companions gain expertise therefore they are a PvP item. Using your own circular reasoning then, I can make the claim that all companions should require PvP since they gain expertise.

Not missing your point at all.. I fail to see how it has anything to do with the thread in general..

You are simply wrong.. I have made no incorrect premise.. You have in assuming that your opinions on this topic have any bearing on anything.. As a consular, I have to do PVP.. Try not to assume what is true for just two classes and remember the other six..

Whether I need him or not is irrelevant and not for you to decide or even comment about... You do not have that right or privilege.. You do not speak for me or anyone else.. Nor should you insult me for being right..

Again, you do not get to decide what M1-4X is to anyone.. It is plainly obvious that you are belittling it because you are desperate to be right.. You just aren't.. No assumptions here.. You are completely missing the simplest of concepts and reasonings.. You do not have the right or the power to determine for anyone else, why they might want M1-4X and for what reasons.. You have no right to make assumptions as to what toons or class they are playing.. All of this is irrelevant.. How they value or not value M1-4X is none of your business and not part this conversation...

Telling me you are a raider doesn't add anything to your credibility or my view of how you have written your posts to me or anyone else..

The PVP community patient?? When pigs fly!! This thread says it all.. No patience here from the PVP community.. Just insults, symantics, condemnations, and a simple denial of the basic truth of this thread..

We are being forced to play PVP when we shouldn't have to..

That is the truth.. Like it or not, that is the truth.. You can make all the attempts in the world to justify it in any way you want.. It will never change the basic truth..

For the last time. Its S E M A N T I C S not S Y M A N T I C S. this website has a spell check you know, just right click on the word with red squiggly under it and it will fix the error for you.

As for the rest of your post, not that theres much to dig through but 'semantics' since that's all you can seem to make. It doesn't matter whether you think M1-4X/Pierce are cosmetic skins or not, but what Bioware thinks, given what they've done with them, its a pretty sure bet that's how they're looking at them now. Unique cosmetic rewards and their function is about the same.

Oh, and by the way, you're not right. Just because you think you are doesn't make it so.

Edited by Billupsat

Forced or not, optional or not... There's still a bunch of pve players messing with warzones and this is really frustrating having only 3 players with 2018 expertise on your team EVERY MATCH.

I just quit pvp and will come back some months after full release, until "everybody" gets the companion or Bioware offer a 2nd option to get this companion.

Until there, I'm out. http://i.imgur.com/f72MNiq.png

If your forced to PVP and that is bad, then why am I forced to PVE?

Why cant i do PVP that leads to story?

This is not a PVE only game, its both, and both should be included

DEAL WITH IT,

You are forced to PVE because you bought and subscribe to an MMO that is over 99% PVE.. Feel free to cancel and go else where if you feel you are really being forced..

You want a PVP story?? Have you heard of Battlefront?? Might want to check into it..

Yup it has some PVP.. But mostly as a side game,, Kinda like the space missions.. That is how it is in most of the big MMO's.. Sorry. I doubt it is going to change either.. Just my opinion though.. :cool:

You said, "You PVP'ers" when replying to my post. Ergo, I think it is safe to assume you were calling me among them. I am not under that banner. I fall more under the end-game raider and honestly just enjoy an all-around gameplay experience.

The other six do not need him. You want him. That is fine. But you do not need, therefore, you are not forced.

You cannot claim being right simply because you have an opinion. One that is not supported by the reality of the situation. I am pulling you out of your "safe space"; it is a fact: M1-4X is not required by any additional content in the game.

You are making purely emotional pleas. Those are irrelevant. What the companion "means" to anyone makes no difference to anyone. We are talking from a purely systemic standpoint what a companion is to the game. It is a summonable pet that performs combat and crafting roles. M1-4X, Lana, Elara, Nico... doesn't matter. They literally all function the same now. Ergo, from a functional standpoint, additional Companions are additional skins. Any additional attachments are not important.

Just like trying to say I am a PVP'er was meant to dismiss my points?

Edited by azudelphi

You are forced to PVE because you bought and subscribe to an MMO that is over 99% PVE.. Feel free to cancel and go else where if you feel you are really being forced..

You want a PVP story?? Have you heard of Battlefront?? Might want to check into it..

Yup it has some PVP.. But mostly as a side game,, Kinda like the space missions.. That is how it is in most of the big MMO's.. Sorry. I doubt it is going to change either.. Just my opinion though.. :cool:

You are forced to PvP because you bough and subscribe to an MMO that is less than 1% PvP... Feel free to cancel and go elsewhere if you feel you are really being forced.

Forced or not, optional or not... There's still a bunch of pve players messing with warzones and this is really frustrating having only 3 players with 2018 expertise on your team EVERY MATCH.

I just quit pvp and will come back some months after full release, until "everybody" gets the companion or Bioware offer a 2nd option to get this companion.

Until there, I'm out. http://i.imgur.com/f72MNiq.png

Thus the issue that I am surprised more PVP'ers aren't talking about.. This isn't good for PVP either..

I guess some are to busy with symantics and what is comsmetic or not.. Or worse, trying to decide why someone else wants a companion.. :rolleyes:

For the last time. Its S E M A N T I C S not S Y M A N T I C S. this website has a spell check you know, just right click on the word with red squiggly under it and it will fix the error for you.

You know someone has nothing really to add to a discussion when they start correcting spelling..

Took you long enough.. I only dropped that word in my posts about 6 times or more.. Better late than never I suppose.. :)

Thus the issue that I am surprised more PVP'ers aren't talking about.. This isn't good for PVP either..

I guess some are to busy with symantics and what is comsmetic or not.. Or worse, trying to decide why someone else wants a companion.. :rolleyes:

S E M A N T I C S! Symantics isn't a word

se-man-tics

[si-man-tiks]

Spell Syllables

Examples

Word Origin

noun, ( used with a singular verb)

Linguistics. a.the study of meaning.

b.the study of linguistic development by classifying and examining changes in meaning and form.

Also called significs. the branch of semiotics dealing with the relations between signs and what they denote.

the meaning, or an interpretation of the meaning, of a word, sign, sentence, etc.:

Let's not argue about semantics.

general semantics.

So PvP'ers or those willing to do some amount of PvP are able to get a companion you aren't. Well, you are able to, but choose not to go through what is required for it. I doubt I'll get Quezen or whatever his name is... because of the amount of running around and hunting champions to get him. Maybe later when I have less to do. I'm not posting on the forums demanding they remove a requirement just because I don't like what has to be done...

tl;dr If you don't like to do the mission to get the companion, don't get the companion. I doubt its going to matter about 1 or 2 alliance recruits out of so many.

You know someone has nothing really to add to a discussion when they start correcting spelling..

Took you long enough.. I only dropped that word in my posts about 6 times or more.. Better late than never I suppose.. :)

I corrected you pages ago, your continued use of the incorrect spelling has been driving me insane.