The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware, remove the PvP from the quest to get M1-4X.

NogueiraA

Your logic is flawed because have to play symantics to make it work.. PVP=Warzones.. Raked or not ranked... That is all.. To get M1-4x you have to do unranked warzones..

Your logic is flawed.. Have a nice day.. :rolleyes:

Hardly, he definitely has a point. Influence has replaced gear, you gain influence with 4X/Pierce by playing PvP matches. You are effectively gearing them through PvP. Semantics or not, doesn't make it any less true. He also never mentioned rank, so that part of your post was utterly irrelevant.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly, he definitely has a point. Influence has replaced gear, you gain influence with 4X/Pierce by playing PvP matches. You are effectively gearing them through PvP. Semantics or not, doesn't make it any less true. He also never mentioned rank, so that part of your post was utterly irrelevant.

If the affection earned by finishing a WZ was not so pitifully low, I might agree with you.

But as it is, a Grade 5 artifact gift brings more influence than a victory and a Grade 6 Legendary brings more than the whole weekly.

So "gearing" them via PvP is the inferior method.

So like HK-51 after you've done it once? Alright, that's a fair compromise.

Not exactly what I had in mind, but I'll live with it; if the number of WZ required is reduced to 1, win or lose; and I hope I get put in one that has only 30 secs left on the timer by the time the loading screen is done.

I should also like to add that gaining influence also grants expertise. My T7 on my guardian has over 800 expertise now. The only thing is that expertise does get down synced with level sync. He's only got like 50 on Coruscant.

Nobody is making you do anything, the companions are completely optional and you don't need them.

Nope, I had him before FE and I want him back.

Taking away things and locking them behind retarded content like PVP is a terrible policy.

Let me buy some CCs and pay to get him back. I'd rather do that than get raged at by butthurt PVPers who are mad I'm polluting their precious warzones with my untalented self.

If the affection earned by finishing a WZ was not so pitifully low, I might agree with you.

But as it is, a Grade 5 artifact gift brings more influence than a victory and a Grade 6 Legendary brings more than the whole weekly.

So "gearing" them via PvP is the inferior method.

Only inferior for PvE'ers, I'm sure hardcore PvP'ers will have an easy time 'gearing; him up.

So you are saying it is impossible to gain influence with him in any other way?? Like supply packs??

He didn't have a point and neither do you...

They can do the same thing using quests and they should have.. You want to see irrelevant?? Read your own post.. All you are doing is attempting to argure for forcing someone to play in a way they do not wish to play.. And there is no way to do it.. MMO's by nature are PVE.. That is just the way that it is..

I can also increase his influence by companion gifts.. There is simply no reason to use PVP.. None.. You are making statements of symantics.. You are grasping at straws.. :rolleyes:

Nope, I had him before FE and I want him back.

Taking away things and locking them behind retarded content like PVP is a terrible policy.

Let me buy some CCs and pay to get him back. I'd rather do that than get raged at by butthurt PVPers who are mad I'm polluting their precious warzones with my untalented self.

For the record, if you are one of the classes that already had them. Trooper/Warrior, you get them back automatically when speaking with them bypassing the warzone requirement. Its just the other classes that have to do 20 warzones.

Only inferior for PvE'ers, I'm sure hardcore PvP'ers will have an easy time 'gearing; him up.

Again you are missing the issue.. It isn't about who can or can't do something.. It is about being forced to do something we don't feel we should have to do..

When they move all your PVP gear into Hard Mode ops, promise me you won't make any threads complaining about it.. :rolleyes:

For the record, if you are one of the classes that already had them. Trooper/Warrior, you get them back automatically when speaking with them bypassing the warzone requirement. Its just the other classes that have to do 20 warzones.

Oh. Well nevermind then. Carry on.

Just a supposition

Imagine, in a future update, if Bioware add PvP content, 2 new WZ are added. These WZ's are totally optional (you like this word ^^) and you can continue tag PvP even if you don't unlock the two new WZ's. You can acces first one directly just by doing a PvP quest of 2 win in WZ. For the second, you only have a PvE quest, without altertnative, with requirement clean 20 hm flashpoint.

Just anticipating thread :

Title thread : "Please Bioware, remove PvE quest for access second WZ !"

Content of thread :

- "It's stupid to force PvP players doing Pve quest for a PvP content ! I'm a PvP player, i just want to enter WZ"

- PvE'ers reply : "Come on guys it's just optional, you can continue tag PvP without that particular WZ if you don't like PvE. I don't see the problem here"

- PvP'ers reply : "It's not a question of optional or not, PvE quest in a PvP content is just a mistake"

- …

- …

- …

Loop of replies

Same case, different context.

The fact there is PvE quest in a PvE content (story of KotFE and Alliance system) don't see what's weird in that (according to certain reply in this thread who try to justify PvP quest in PvE content), it's just logic. Put suddenly a PvP quest in a middle of a great PvE content, don't see the logic and the legitimacy of that, moreover we are not warn about this before accepted the quest. It's a nonsense.

Again you are missing the issue.. It isn't about who can or can't do something.. It is about being forced to do something we don't feel we should have to do..

When they move all your PVP gear into Hard Mode ops, promise me you won't make any threads complaining about it.. :rolleyes:

Sorry, your points are wrong. Expertise is a PvP stat, yet companions gain expertise without gear. The only way you can get expertise normally is via PvP, so really you should be happy. You are getting free expertise on all the other companions without having to do PvP at all.

Just a supposition

Imagine, in a future update, if Bioware add PvP content, 2 new WZ are added. These WZ's are totally optional (you like this word ^^) and you can continue tag PvP even if you don't unlock the two new WZ's. You can acces first one directly just by doing a PvP quest of 2 win in WZ. For the second, you only have a PvE quest, without altertnative, with requirement clean 20 hm flashpoint.

Your analogy is inapposite to the current situation. But to answer for myself, I would do them.

Here's why your analogy fails. No content is locked behind these companions. None. They are a cosmetic feature. A sound analogy is if the devs locked a title like "Ultimate Killer" behind 20 HM Warzones. Then if PvP players wanted to run around with that title, they would need to do it. If they didn't do it, no content would be lost to them, they just wouldn't have that cosmetic feature.

This is what you guys keep missing. You want so bad to make these companions out to be PvE content, but they are not. They are an optional companion that gates nothing. They have the same powers as any companion that uses blaster rifles.

Edited by Master-Nala

So you are saying it is impossible to gain influence with him in any other way?? Like supply packs??

He didn't have a point and neither do you...

They can do the same thing using quests and they should have.. You want to see irrelevant?? Read your own post.. All you are doing is attempting to argure for forcing someone to play in a way they do not wish to play.. And there is no way to do it.. MMO's by nature are PVE.. That is just the way that it is..

I can also increase his influence by companion gifts.. There is simply no reason to use PVP.. None.. You are making statements of symantics.. You are grasping at straws.. :rolleyes:

Its Semantics, Not Symantics.

For the last time, nobody is forcing you to do anything. Its an optional quest for an optional companion. The fact of the matter is they were obviously designed to function as a PvP reward and attract new blood to PvP, altering his acquisition would defeat that purpose. Is Bioware at your house? Are they restricting your access to swtor unless you get 4X on your team? Didn't think so. I'd suggest looking up forced in the dictionary before using it again, but you obviously don't realize you have the option to just say no and not get the companion.

MMO's by nature are mostly PvE oriented, That's why most of the alliance companions are obtained through PvE. No law states that they can't have 2 required to get through PvE, or did they appoint you and your whiner-niners the official MMO Cabinet who sets the standards for all MMO's?

...Didn't think so.

Edited by Billupsat

Your analogy is inapposite to the current situation. But to answer for myself, I would do them.

Here's why your analogy fails. No content is locked behind these companions. None. They are a cosmetic feature. A sound analogy is if the devs locked a title like "Ultimate Killer" behind 20 HM Warzones. Then if PvP players wanted to run around with that title, they would need to do it. If they didn't do it, no content would be lost to them, they just wouldn't have that cosmetic feature.

This is what you guys keep missing. You want so bad to make these companions out to be PvE content, but they are not. They are an optional companion that gates nothing. They have the same powers as any companion that uses blaster rifles.

Jut as an aside, it's hilarious that:

1) They're using this as a means of getting people into Warzones, willing or otherwise.

2) That this is the only major complaint regarding recruiting companions. Apparently because people hate PVPing.

The companions, for the classes that never had them, are effectively just cosmetic unlocks. Cosmetics can be locked behind whatever content the devs so choose since they don't have an immediate impact on gameplay. Therefore, there is no "forcing" to do it.

If warzones were required to advance from Chapter VIII to Chapter IX, I'd agree 100% that they shouldn't require that. But in this case, you are unlocking a skin; nothing more. Companions aren't gear. They aren't required for anything more than being a completionist...

Edited by azudelphi

Just a supposition

Just anticipating thread :

Title thread : "Please Bioware, remove PvE quest for access second WZ !"

Content of thread :

- "It's stupid to force PvP players doing Pve quest for a PvP content ! I'm a PvP player, i just want to enter WZ"

- PvE'ers reply : "Come on guys it's just optional, you can continue tag PvP without that particular WZ if you don't like PvE. I don't see the problem here"

- PvP'ers reply : "It's not a question of optional or not, PvE quest in a PvP content is just a mistake"

- …

- …

- …

Loop of replies

Same case, different context.

The fact there is PvE quest in a PvE content (story of KotFE and Alliance system) don't see what's weird in that (according to certain reply in this thread who try to justify PvP quest in PvE content), it's just logic. Put suddenly a PvP quest in a middle of a great PvE content, don't see the logic and the legitimacy of that, moreover we are not warn about this before accepted the quest. It's a nonsense.

No. I wouldn't make any of those threads. I'd just do the 20 HM flashpoints because I'm primarily a PvE Story centric player, who doesn't mind doing a little PvP every now and then.

Sorry, your points are wrong. Expertise is a PvP stat, yet companions gain expertise without gear. The only way you can get expertise normally is via PvP, so really you should be happy. You are getting free expertise on all the other companions without having to do PvP at all.

You say my points are wrong and you have totally missed the point of the entire thread..

We do not want to be forced to do PVP quests to get a PVE companion or do a PVE quest.. All this quest is doing is trying force more people into the starving warzones.. I see it all the time how people complain about how long it takes for a warzone to pop.. Let's be honest here.. That really is the only reason to do it..

Well, a change in the attitude in the PVP community would go along way to helping that.. But that will take an act of the force for that to happen.. :rolleyes:

Up until the release of further chapters and the importance of Alliance recruits are confirmed or denied, we can only speculate. And seeing how similar it seems to be to the War Assets system in Mass Effect 3 or the (apparently, since I haven't played it) system in DA: Inquisition, we may end up with events gated behind a certain threshold of recruits acquired. If and when that happens, your "It's just a cosmetic thingy" point will completely evaporate because THEN it won't be cosmetic anymore but story relevant.

Right now we can only specalute but knowing Bioware from recent games, they certainly aren't above it.

And 20 Warzones is too much anyway.

You can keep mangling the language all you want, but nothing is forced. Google "Forced definition" and you'll see this:

forced

fôrst/Submit

adjective

adjective: forced

obtained or imposed by coercion or physical power.

"the brutal regime of forced labor"

synonyms: enforced, forcible, compulsory, obligatory, mandatory, involuntary, imposed, required, stipulated, dictated, ordained, prescribed

"forced repatriation"

antonyms: voluntary

(of a gesture or expression) produced or maintained with effort; affected or unnatural.

"a forced smile"

synonyms: strained, unnatural, artificial, false, feigned, simulated, contrived, labored, stilted, studied, mannered, affected, unconvincing, insincere, hollow; More

antonyms: natural

(of a plant) having its development or maturity artificially hastened.

I've highlighted the relevant parts. There is nothing "forced" in this at all. In fact, it's exactly the opposite. It's VOLUNTARY. Nothing will happen to you if you don't get this companion. So you can keep saying 'forced' like it has some meaning, but the very essence of your argument, "that you are forced" to PvP is factually incorrect. You have an OPTION to PvP to get a REWARD you want. If you choose not to do it, no skin off anyone's nose.

The companions, for the classes that never had them, are effectively just cosmetic unlocks. Cosmetics can be locked behind whatever content the devs so choose since they don't have an immediate impact on gameplay. Therefore, there is no "forcing" to do it.

If warzones were required to advance from Chapter VIII to Chapter IX, I'd agree 100% that they shouldn't require that. But in this case, you are unlocking a skin; nothing more. Companions aren't gear. They aren't required for anything more than being a completionist...

This guy gets it.

Up until the release of further chapters and the importance of Alliance recruits are confirmed or denied, we can only speculate.

Nonsense. We already know the companions that are crucial to the story. The Alliance window clearly marks them as "Main Characters". T7-01 is there, Scorpio is there. Forex? Nope, he's down there in the other category.

Next.

And seeing how similar it seems to be to the War Assets system in Mass Effect 3 or the (apparently, since I haven't played it) system in DA: Inquisition, we may end up with events gated behind a certain threshold of recruits acquired. If and when that happens, your "It's just a cosmetic thingy" point will completely evaporate because THEN it won't be cosmetic anymore but story relevant.

Right now we can only specalute but knowing Bioware from recent games, they certainly aren't above it.

And 20 Warzones is too much anyway.

You are speculating. I am making an inference from the stated facts. The companions core to the story are delineated by the Alliance window.