Jedi Knight.. lighte side, too much emotion 4.0

SirUrza

To be fair, that was a problem with the Jedi Knight throughout the entire class story. If you're playing a light sider it's often impossible to avoid lines or scenes where he either looks or sounds angry. KotFE was just consistent with how the Jedi Knight was written throughout the class story.

Overall I think the Jedi Knight class story was more fun than the Consular's, but I think the light side Consular's personality is better written. The Consular sounds more like a Jedi in dialogue. (haven't tried the Consular yet in KotFE though)

My LS sith inquisitor's dialogue options are now mostly "I should rule the galaxy!" It's so OOC :( His autodialogue all points to that too. They should have just let us pick our tone and responses and quit with the autodialogue.

I noticed that too. My main is my light v guardian. Very sterotypical good boy jedi knight. I thought it was odd at first too, but if you think about it, he isn't a robot. Feeling something (angry, sad, etc) would be normal. Think about Obi Wan at the end of episode 3. He is obviously sad/ upset/angry at Anakin for falling to the dark. But, he avoided going dark himself. It is how our knight chooses to deal with the emotion that is light or dark. Does he act out of anger /hate (DS) or choose what is right over what is easy. After all there is no emotion, there is peace

It's times like these when jedi principles need to be applied the most. if you only adhered to them up until the moment you were put to the test then you never fully understood them. It makes sense if you want to play your character that way, but don't tell me what makes sense for my character. This is why we have options in roleplaying games.

The least they could do is stop with the ridiculous facial expressions. They're usually ugly anyway.

Edited by Senrie

It's times like these when jedi principles need to be applied the most. if you only adhered to them up until the moment you were put to the test then you never fully understood them. It makes sense if you want to play your character that way, but don't tell me what makes sense for my character. This is why we have options in roleplaying games.

The least they could do is stop with the ridiculous facial expressions. They're usually ugly anyway.

I have to agree, the facial expressions are most of the time too over the top, it barely works on the non-jedi characters, but on light-side Jedi it breaks the immersion.

I realize it's the fault of the unified story.. but my lightside Jedi Knight shows anger waaaay too often.

I feel the JK was always intended to be little dark.

The consular on the other hand is laughable trying to be dark. Or creepy in the case of pedophilic padawan romance. I don't care how old she is supposed to be she looks, sounds and acts like a freaking child, pervs.