The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Empire players can get to Tython and Rep worlds, is this a bug or is this new?

jedidar

And yeah, with KoTFE, I think we should be allowed this feature permanently, as both factions fall in the expansion, I think that's a good enough reason to be allowed to go to these worlds.

Except this isn't Cataclysm; at the point those Sith are on Tython, the Republic hasn't yet fallen.

Now, if -IF - in some future chapter, we get the option to visit "post-fall" phased versions of more of these worlds, those ought to be cross-faction as hopefully the war will be over. We shall see.

It is a known issue at this point. (a glitch)

Are you guys sure this is a glitch?

Patch notes for 4.0a say:

"Players who have completed Chapters I-IX now have the complete Galaxy Map available to them."

Maybe it is intended.

Are you guys sure this is a glitch?

Patch notes for 4.0a say:

"Players who have completed Chapters I-IX now have the complete Galaxy Map available to them."

Maybe it is intended.

No, it's an exploit. The complete galaxy map was only designed to go where you were originally intended to go.

As for the bug, I do think it'd be kind of cool to have Republic and Imperial players allowed to visit cross-faction worlds, but I would add the stipulation that, with the exception of a couple of small areas on each, the planets should be a non-pvp zone. The last thing we'd need on PVP servers is having people griefing brand new players. That would put a really large scorch mark on trying to get new players into the game, unless you shore them into PVE servers (which isn't exactly the greatest of ideas).

The alternative to that would be something like what WoW did, and that's have players keep their PVP flags always turned off until a certain level, or until they reach a certain point in the storyline (with the option to turn it on manually, much like on PVE servers). Something along those lines, so that PVP can still happen, but new players can still do what they need to do before they decide to participate.

Oh snap..... wishes i was on a pvp server

Then again with level sync why does it even matter now?

Why not open up all planets for all for alliance?

Because the old story still matters before KOTFE and the 1-50 story is that the Empire and Republic are at war. It wouldn't make since to have opposite factions on certain planets.

Also it would be very bad for the game if a brand new player just started a Jedi on Tython and got ganked repeatedly... Then some people wonder or complain why PVP servers have no population...

REALLY gorram annoying when there were 3 jedi running round Korriban yesterday killing quest givers. Kinda makes it hard to actually run quests in the game when the NPCs you need to speak to are friggin DEAD. So yeah while it doesn't harm players directly to have people from the opposite faction on starter worlds, it DOES prevent them from playing the game when said people act like jagoffs. :mad:

I admit it. My curiosity is aroused.

So can anybody provide the details? Due you have to complete the expansion story mode? Do you have to go to a starter planet and then travel to the fleet? Or do you travel to the fleet to get to the starter planets?

And has anyone tried to access quest terminals or quest givers?

Ya they should do like Vanilla WoW and let the factions try and take the capitols of the other faction, trying to take that dam Dwarf city was a pain, or the Undead city. But that was back when 60 was level cap and Elites could actually kill a 60

Sigh it will never happen in SWTOR however, just a pipe dream

What they are doing is taking a advantage of a bug plain and simple. Since being on starting planet of another's faction is not part of the game. What they are doing is breaking the rules that they agreed to when they first logged into the game.

I hope they get a time out for taking a advantage of the bug or a perma ban.

That's a little harsh, don't ya' think? Maybe it's just because Imma an avid writer, and roleplayer, but this does sound hilarious. Specifically because I could potentially just hang out on the Imp fleet, or perhaps even DK, and get some sweet cross-faction rp on.

If they aren't doing anything, other than literally just run around, such as the example that I gave. Then what does it matter?

Oh snap..... wishes i was on a pvp server

Then again with level sync why does it even matter now?

Why not open up all planets for all for alliance?

I'm not sure you understand level sync. A level 60 with 190 gear (for example) that gets lowered to 30 when visiting a level 30 planet (for example) will still wreck everything. The only difference is they no longer ban you from getting experience.

That's a little harsh, don't ya' think? Maybe it's just because Imma an avid writer, and roleplayer, but this does sound hilarious. Specifically because I could potentially just hang out on the Imp fleet, or perhaps even DK, and get some sweet cross-faction rp on.

If they aren't doing anything, other than literally just run around, such as the example that I gave. Then what does it matter?

As a roleplay I too would love this feature as a non-pvp option. Perhaps place a few quests on each of the planets allowing your access with the alliance system. Just make sure that you can't be flagged for PVP and can't kill npcs. Essentially, when you head to an opposing faction world auto flag a Sith Warrior as a Jedi Knight for gameplay purposes, and likewise for the other classes. Or simply flag them as non-hostile if that's easier.

Also there are plenty of excellent areas on especially Corouscant and Ord Mantel that I would love to use when creating RP events for my Sith RP guild. Make this an option^^!

Edited by Inzuher

I'm not sure you understand level sync. A level 60 with 190 gear (for example) that gets lowered to 30 when visiting a level 30 planet (for example) will still wreck everything. The only difference is they no longer ban you from getting experience.

Aside from gear that has set bonuses (or expertise), gear that is above the planetary level doesn't really make a difference. I tried a few different armour ratings running Nar Shaddaa Heroics and the only thing that made a difference was either PvP gear or other PvE sets (like the Campaign set) that give ability bonuses.

Edited by tmwfte