Hottie’s 4.0 Guide to PvP Operative/Scoundrel Healing

kissingaiur

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant seem to find it anywhere. With the new system do we need to max out companions to 250k to get the 1% to stats?

I am honestly not sure. All i know is that you have to do all the side missions and finish all your conversations to your companions. This should give you the bonus.

Can you please help me with augmenting? :D

I am not that big of a theory crafter but I would definetly apprechiate a little explanation behind all of that stuff.

I am full tier 2 PvP gear and am currently running pure mastery augments.

I want to know wether I need to modify my gear a little bit and what augments to use (I've heard crit was the way to go)

My stats are currently: (unbuffed, without stim)

Crit: 822 critchance: 28.76 surge: 63.45

Alacrity: 548 (6.13%)

Power: 2288

Bonushealing: 1608.8

I am honestly not sure. All i know is that you have to do all the side missions and finish all your conversations to your companions. This should give you the bonus.

Actually, I think the bonus is unlocked for all companions when you start the KotFE story line on that class. I had maybe two or three companions unlocked before this expansion hit, but now I have all of them. Just because I started the KotFE story on every class. Pretty sweet.

Can you please help me with augmenting? :D

I am not that big of a theory crafter but I would definetly apprechiate a little explanation behind all of that stuff.

I am full tier 2 PvP gear and am currently running pure mastery augments.

I want to know wether I need to modify my gear a little bit and what augments to use (I've heard crit was the way to go)

My stats are currently: (unbuffed, without stim)

Crit: 822 critchance: 28.76 surge: 63.45

Alacrity: 548 (6.13%)

Power: 2288

Bonushealing: 1608.8

Master is the worst stat for healing currently. Crit/Alacrity augs are the best. There is a argument for power over alacrity but that's up to you.

@ichebem

I was talking to a guildie the other day about Alacrity vs. Power. We talked about if a healer is constantly under CC pressure that Power would win over Alacrity because of decrease up-time. Is there any way you can calculate up-time in your equation for stats? Because for example, in 4s your up-time for healing or dps might be decreased by 20-30% over the whole match which would effect the performance of different stats.

I reallly had many thoughts @ this point and i am still not sure which way i will go.

If you are under pressure and get stunned, you wont do anything. In the time between, highest HPS seems tto be the best choice, and this would mean crit/alacrity. I dont see a reason why alacrity should perform worse if you are under pressure. pls explain

So I have a question. How in the world do you keep two stacks of Kolto Probe on four targets, while you're being targeted by at least one or two DPS constantly? I honestly don't find the time to use them inbetween other heals, or I would die, or the person I'm healing would die.

So I have a question. How in the world do you keep two stacks of Kolto Probe on four targets, while you're being targeted by at least one or two DPS constantly? I honestly don't find the time to use them inbetween other heals, or I would die, or the person I'm healing would die.

It's hard but you need to find GCDs inbetween healing yourself to re-HoT. It just makes experience and practice. Have to use CC/Flash to give you more opportunities. Sometimes you can't if the DPS really shutting you down. Just have to hope for peels.

My PvE Stats (with buffs and stim) :

Heal Bonus : 1882.0

Crit Rate : 36.46%

Surge Rate : 64.53%

Alacrity Rate : 6.88%

When Both Relics Proc:

Heal Bonus : 2196.6

Crit Rate : 37.53%

Surge Rate : 64.53%

Alacrity Rate : 6.88%

I haven't had time nor the ping to PvP and min/max a set yet. Also I am not using Set Bonus gear at this time. I could use my old stuff I guess. :rolleyes:

Edited by knowmyname

I literally just resubbed 2 minutes ago and a streamer friend wants me to pvp with them. your post was the first i saw. what class is best paired with an operative? they said they wanted a tank or dps to help them out

Any tank will work. PvP I run with a Powertech and Jugg at times. Just whichever is online. We in different guilds and just roll with whomever is online at the time.

Powertech and assassin are nice for the pulls on healers. I'll help CC and control the healers they pull to us. What is nice is when I roll with both or all 3 tanks. The Powertech will pull a healer, the assassin will pull a seconds time. This puts that healer 60 meters away from his group and our Mara will destroy them. I'll CC if not full resolve so the sniper can burn him down. We rotate our burst DPS to keep the pressure on them. Meaning the sniper and Mara won't pop their burst DPS at the same time. Usually the Mara goes first then the sniper finishes him off whiles he target try's to run away or pop a bubble. Takes some practice but is effective.

The groups I go with are usually pugged unless the guys are online. Eventually we mess with mid so much, I'm able to break away and steal a node but only as required. It's nice knowing you have a group of players that know how each other work. They know I'll need a hand within 12 seconds of taking a node. The Powertech and I held off a pylon vs 7 players one time. The Mara was on his DPS sorc and came just in time to help at the end.

This video ---> https://youtu.be/E3YdusXgim4 Starting at 4:05

We operative healers, concealment, and lethality aren't just healers and DPS. I try to highlight what we can be effective at during team play. I don't know another healer smug/operative that will steal a node. It's quite effective since once you steal it you can defend it very well with the defensive abilities and heals very effectively. Especially when shadowlands was heavy on the healers. No point having 3 healers at mid when one can effectively steal nodes and hold them. Taking pressure off mid.

Edited by knowmyname

What the f is the point of this class now?

Sorcs are indisputably better healers in PvP, and almost every other class is better at DPS.

Just because Sorcs are easier to play and are FOTM (again) doesn't mean a guide on Operative healing is irrelevant, your comment is just silly. Majority of the players on this game don't understand how to play the class correctly to get the HPS potential out of it.

If kolto waves were mechanically more like roaming mend (e.g. give 8 charges, jump from target to target, no cast or channel time) everything would be swell.

Kolto Wave is extremely OP. The only thing holding it back is the fact that you need at least 3+ people standing in it to get the intended HPS out of it. Even while being interrupted and CCed I was able to pull close to 8K HPS in team ranked. The ability is no where underpowered. The only thing that makings Roaming Mend 'easier' that it's more forgiving because there is no need to really 'place it'. You will always get the intended healing out of it which makes it more user friendly.

Edited by kissingaiur

Just because Sorcs are easier to play and are FOTM (again) doesn't mean a guide on Operative healing is irrelevant, your comment is just silly. Majority of the players on this game don't understand how to play the class correctly to get the HPS potential out of it.

They are not just easier to play, they are objectively better at their roll in 4v4 arenas. guide is appreciated, but BioWare needs to inject some love into PvP balance, unless people are satisfied with double carb+sorc making up almost all of the top 200 players again next season.