[EXPLOIT] Opposite faction in starter zones, fleet and capital cities

Tallulahkat

In guild chat last night we were talking away about the changes to the game when a guildie wrote...

"***!!! I just saw an Inquisitor on the Republic Fleet!"

Guess they were right.

I figured it was a bug with the Create a toon at 60 feature. On that note, we were chatting the other day about the Knight class quest to Drummond Kaas how it really isn't "Drummond Kaas" but instead it's a stripped down version of. I actually think it's kind of cool to see folks on the opposing factions home world or fleet but think it would be crummy to have folks use it for mass PVP and griefing... especially on PVE servers.

It's amusing, these guys are still on Coruscant as of tonight pretending they're tough, yet their /say remarks are pretty much like the taunts used by playground bullies. Except maybe a bit more profanity.

Oh and they die like dogs when people who actually PVP and have expertise gear show up in sufficient numbers. How mighty they are.

:rolleyes:

They also seem to be under the impression that nothing will happen to them. And annoyed that I won't flag my lvl 61 scoundrel with no expertise gear so I can get ganked like the low level players. Such a tragedy for the gank-addicted when someone doesn't play along.

I'd say it's bringing out the sociopaths in general chat too, but they're there even when this isn't happening so that can't be blamed on this bunch.

;)

It's amusing, these guys are still on Coruscant as of tonight pretending they're tough, yet their /say remarks are pretty much like the taunts used by playground bullies. Except maybe a bit more profanity.

Oh and they die like dogs when people who actually PVP and have expertise gear show up in sufficient numbers. How mighty they are.

:rolleyes:

They also seem to be under the impression that nothing will happen to them. And annoyed that I won't flag my lvl 61 scoundrel with no expertise gear so I can get ganked like the low level players. Such a tragedy for the gank-addicted when someone doesn't play along.

I'd say it's bringing out the sociopaths in general chat too, but they're there even when this isn't happening so that can't be blamed on this bunch.

;)

Makes me wish I had a reasonable amount of level 65 pvp gear.

I hope they don't fix it and just place instant kill (like the Gree faction ones) right where they exploit into.

UNLESS

They made it so Fleets/Starter Worlds/Capital Worlds are Sanctuaries. I would think that with KotFE happening there would be some pub/imps washing up on each other's fleets/capital worlds.

It's honestly pretty sad, the amount of people abusing this bug, then trying to justify it by saying it's BW's fault for having it in at all. It's your choice to abuse the bug or not.

Anyways, I'm pretty sick of this. Being on a PVE server, there are many many people who want NOTHING to do with PVP, and these jerks just continue to make a wall of people that make it extremely hard to even click a quest giver without accidentally flagging. Newbies especially won't know what to do against this kind of thing, but the only defense i see is "Don't flag if you dont want to get killed". You shouldnt have to worry about being flagged on your start planet. This isn't WoW. It's really easy to accidentally flag. Please punish these people, BW.

It's honestly pretty sad, the amount of people abusing this bug, then trying to justify it by saying it's BW's fault for having it in at all. It's your choice to abuse the bug or not.

Yeah, the oh-so-icky Bioware "made" them do it. How old are these people?!

Anyways, I'm pretty sick of this. Being on a PVE server, there are many many people who want NOTHING to do with PVP, and these jerks just continue to make a wall of people that make it extremely hard to even click a quest giver without accidentally flagging. Newbies especially won't know what to do against this kind of thing, but the only defense i see is "Don't flag if you dont want to get killed". You shouldnt have to worry about being flagged on your start planet. This isn't WoW. It's really easy to accidentally flag. Please punish these people, BW.

It would be nice if instead of getting flagged you'd get an error saying "you are not flagged for pvp" if you tried to heal or revive someone who was already flagged. Or if you right-click on a flagged opposing faction. Then the "don't flag" bleat would have some validity, since a player would have to consciously hit the "flag for PVP" switch before doing anything PVP related. In this case, it's pretty much the usual bully (and their toadies) bluster and sneering, the psychological part of breaking people down so they can be hurt further.

So yeah, they do need to be punished.

It's not a big, it's been around so long, just alot of people are doing it now out of bordem from not having the XPAC, Further more dont attack, don't spam a right click on a player its that simple, just avoid it at all cost.

Edited by Suicideclouds

It's not a big, it's been around so long, just alot of people are doing it now out of bordem from not having the XPAC,

Oh gosh, the lack of an XPAC made them do it! All is forgiven! (Not.)

Further more dont attack, don't spam a right click on a player its that simple, just avoid it at all cost.

Except... I was on Imperial Fleet after I got my operative finished with Hutta. One of the people who was doing it bragged on gen chat about how they tricked new players into flagging themselves:

They knew there were a lot of new people to the game, so they used the feign death toy to trick people into clicking on them so they'd be marked for pvp.

Then people who tried to rez them also got marked.

In other words, they deliberately targeted new players who did not know the rules of PVP and abused that to repeatedly gank them.

So no, I really don't think the "don't get flagged" applies as a valid defense in this case and I'm really trying to not think all PVP players are like this. It's very difficult though. Very. Difficult.

I have screenshots of the comments in question and I can post them if needed, though I would have to edit the name of the player since IIRC the mods don't like naming names, even in this sort of thing.

Edited by Sinapus

Oh gosh, the lack of an XPAC made them do it! All is forgiven! (Not.)

Except... I was on Imperial Fleet after I got my operative finished with Hutta. One of the people who was doing it bragged on gen chat about how they tricked new players into flagging themselves:

They knew there were a lot of new people to the game, so they used the feign death toy to trick people into clicking on them so they'd be marked for pvp.

Then people who tried to rez them also got marked.

In other words, they deliberately targeted new players who did not know the rules of PVP and abused that to repeatedly gank them.

So no, I really don't think the "don't get flagged" applies as a valid defense in this case and I'm really trying to not think all PVP players are like this. It's very difficult though. Very. Difficult.

I have screenshots of the comments in question and I can post them if needed, though I would have to edit the name of the player since IIRC the mods don't like naming names, even in this sort of thing.

Crying about in games mechanics is hilarious you know that right? You're basically QQing about other players attack others, I attacked level 60 sith while I was level 8 and got my butt whooped and You know what? I Deserved it all.

Crying about in games mechanics is hilarious you know that right? You're basically QQing about other players attack others, I attacked level 60 sith while I was level 8 and got my butt whooped and You know what? I Deserved it all.

In other words you completely ignored what I wrote so you can sneer and hope it pressed a button or two. Ah well, bullies usually have a pack of weaker toadies who hang around them and join in on the "fun". Usually doing... well, what you're doing now.

I guess I will reiterate, not (of course) because I am foolish enough to believe that you will acknowledge it since it is beyond your ability to comprehend. I will be addressing you directly, but my true target are those others reading this thread since I know you will ignore it due to aforementioned inabilities.

Just because you were foolish enough to attack a level 60 player doesn't mean you can apply that argument to the people targeted in this incident. You are not a new player. You know how PVP works. That means when you do something foolish PVP-wise, you do indeed deserve it.

A new player? Who doesn't know how PVP works? When a high-level, fully equipped PVP player deliberately tricks that new player into getting flagged (since they don't know the PVP rules) so they can gank them over and over is not fun or hilarious. It is disgusting.

So In reality I'm complaining about a pack of cowardly thugs beating up on people who they know can't fight back effectively, and the method they used to gain access to their victims. The "mechanics" work fine, so long as decent people are PVPing and not abusing it to have some sick fun.

Hm. "Decent people" PVPing. I guess I was being too fair to the PVP community in my previous posting on this thread. I no longer feel constrained by an urge to try and be fair. Oh, don't let your pretty little head get swelled up with pride: I've been reading other reactions to this and it's been pretty much like yours. A true team effort.

Oh well.

in other words you completely ignored what i wrote so you can sneer and hope it pressed a button or two. Ah well, bullies usually have a pack of weaker toadies who hang around them and join in on the "fun". Usually doing... Well, what you're doing now.

I guess i will reiterate, not (of course) because i am foolish enough to believe that you will acknowledge it since it is beyond your ability to comprehend. I will be addressing you directly, but my true target are those others reading this thread since i know you will ignore it due to aforementioned inabilities.

Just because you were foolish enough to attack a level 60 player doesn't mean you can apply that argument to the people targeted in this incident. you are not a new player. you know how pvp works. That means when you do something foolish pvp-wise, you do indeed deserve it.

A new player? Who doesn't know how pvp works? When a high-level, fully equipped pvp player deliberately tricks that new player into getting flagged (since they don't know the pvp rules) so they can gank them over and over is not fun or hilarious. It is disgusting.

So in reality i'm complaining about a pack of cowardly thugs beating up on people who they know can't fight back effectively, and the method they used to gain access to their victims. The "mechanics" work fine, so long as decent people are pvping and not abusing it to have some sick fun.

Hm. "decent people" pvping. I guess i was being too fair to the pvp community in my previous posting on this thread. I no longer feel constrained by an urge to try and be fair. Oh, don't let your pretty little head get swelled up with pride: I've been reading other reactions to this and it's been pretty much like yours. A true team effort.

Oh well.

tldr.

In other words you completely ignored what I wrote so you can sneer and hope it pressed a button or two. Ah well, bullies usually have a pack of weaker toadies who hang around them and join in on the "fun". Usually doing... well, what you're doing now.

I guess I will reiterate, not (of course) because I am foolish enough to believe that you will acknowledge it since it is beyond your ability to comprehend. I will be addressing you directly, but my true target are those others reading this thread since I know you will ignore it due to aforementioned inabilities.

Just because you were foolish enough to attack a level 60 player doesn't mean you can apply that argument to the people targeted in this incident. You are not a new player. You know how PVP works. That means when you do something foolish PVP-wise, you do indeed deserve it.

A new player? Who doesn't know how PVP works? When a high-level, fully equipped PVP player deliberately tricks that new player into getting flagged (since they don't know the PVP rules) so they can gank them over and over is not fun or hilarious. It is disgusting.

So In reality I'm complaining about a pack of cowardly thugs beating up on people who they know can't fight back effectively, and the method they used to gain access to their victims. The "mechanics" work fine, so long as decent people are PVPing and not abusing it to have some sick fun.

Hm. "Decent people" PVPing. I guess I was being too fair to the PVP community in my previous posting on this thread. I no longer feel constrained by an urge to try and be fair. Oh, don't let your pretty little head get swelled up with pride: I've been reading other reactions to this and it's been pretty much like yours. A true team effort.

Oh well.

All of this.

It must also be extremely annoying and tedious to the people who are new, and join a PVE server so they can avoid PVP, because they want nothing to do with it, only to have this kind of thing happen. Some people just can't grow up, it seems.

All of this.

It must also be extremely annoying and tedious to the people who are new, and join a PVE server so they can avoid PVP, because they want nothing to do with it, only to have this kind of thing happen. Some people just can't grow up, it seems.

There is a reason why I used the term "bully" to describe what I saw and other people's making excuses for it. I could be charitable and say it's junior high school all over again, but I may be giving them too much credit.

:D