Just finished the Sith Warrior story in the new world of level sync

ZavienUK

A bit of a design oversight on their part and I can understand being annoyed at being down-levelled for the climactic "final" fight but that said....Baras was always a pushover anyway pre-sync so meh.

It's not actually about being downlevelled for the fight that is the issue. Aside from it being slightly comical that the end game Darth is shown as level 12 I don't really care what number is shown a UI for my level or the bosses level, it's all arbitrary anyway. It's about the balance of the fight. When the boss goes down in 3 global cooldowns while ignoring all mechanics, the balance is utterly broken.

There is pushover and there is ridiculous I genuinely thought I'd bugged the fight because I started the fight and almost immediately he went into conversation mode before i'd even started a rotation.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, the solo leveling experience isn't a horrendous chore anymore, and is something fast and relatively simple you can do in order to get to endgame content. The horror! The agony!

Good riddance to pointless solo fights that took 5+ minutes to finish, testing my ability to stay awake for the entire conflict. Ditto for taking 30 minutes just to get past the trash. Oh, what fun that was.

Come back when you say you're a one-shotting everyone in PVP and soloing all the coming ops and other (actual) group content that will be coming. When that happens, you'll have a point. Until then, thank GOD they finally got rid of a large chunk of the tedium. Good riddance.

Oh no, the solo leveling experience isn't a horrendous chore anymore, and is something fast and relatively simple you can do in order to get to endgame content. The horror! The agony!

Good riddance to pointless solo fights that took 5+ minutes to finish, testing my ability to stay awake for the entire conflict. Ditto for taking 30 minutes just to get past the trash. Oh, what fun that was.

Come back when you say you're a one-shotting everyone in PVP and soloing all the coming ops and other (actual) group content that will be coming. When that happens, you'll have a point. Until then, thank GOD they finally got rid of a large chunk of the tedium. Good riddance.

or maybe the devs can grow a brain and give us an on/off switch for this. I mean I get were they are going and I would whole heartily support this IF it was optional, but it was forced on all of us which seems like a slap in the face to those who liked the game before and stayed subed.

or maybe the devs can grow a brain and give us an on/off switch for this. I mean I get were they are going and I would whole heartily support this IF it was optional, but it was forced on all of us which seems like a slap in the face to those who liked the game before and stayed subed.

slap in the face!

drink!

Things are just so dumbed down to the point that it feels silly. I just did the Chapter 2 Bounty Hunter quest where you fight the giant legendary Tarentatek that supposedly a ton of people have died trying to kill and I downed him in about 10 seconds. It kills the whole vibe. It's all brainless.

At the game currently stands you steamroll through everything. That's not fun. I'm not paying $15 a month to have a game that plays itself. Some people enjoy the story and shouldn't be penalized just because people like you want to get through it in a few hours.

Obviously your entitled to your opinion, but not everybody is playing to rush to 'endgame' or has much of an interest in it. I'm quite sad you see the end boss of the classic story as a 'chore' but that's your prerogative.

I don't remember anywhere asking for the boss fight to take 5mins, but thinking about it, if mechanics made it genuinely challenging (not tedious) that would be epic, I'd love the chapter end bosses to be a real challenge. Sure I wouldn't want every fight like that, but for end of chapters I would love it.

In any case, your missing the key word - balance. I wasn't suggesting there was an issue because the boss fight was not taking 5 mins, I was suggesting there was an issue because the boss fight was so trivial you could ignore all mechanics.

And not to be rude, if you find the original story / levelling a chore, your exactly who the new level 60 tokens are aimed at. You can buy your tokens and jump very quickly into the 'endgame' your so keen to get to. They could then leave the bosses alone for those of us who like the 'chore'. Or they could just make level sync optional and people could just do whatever they prefer!

The crazy thing is, this is like a reverse level sync. It's one thing to be down level synced for low level content, but I was doing a level 50 mission at level 49 so why on earth did I need to be level synced to level 12 (along with the boss!). It was in a private instance, level sync should just not have applied at all in this instance.

Edited by ZavienUK

That's really sad..my first ever toon was a jugg. Just after beta finished the story had my *** handed to me by Bara's the first time I tried it.

To be fair I remember thinking he was always a bit of pushover, disappointing for a last boss, but at least before I had to do more than blink before he was dead!

Wait a minute. How could they not have seen this in beta testing? o.O

Because we're beta testing it now for them. :p The PTS "beta" was mainly just for media previews.

While by and large everything is still ridiculously easy, in some cases even moreso than it was before (CTS in The Black Hole is kind of a funny cakewalk now), a lot of it has become incredibly tedious. Getting knocked off your speeder (even with advanced speeder piloting 3, which I think may be a bug since that's not supposed to happen) and aggroed by any mob within 10 metres on level synced planets, or when synced between the 30-50 range fights just seem to take longer but still offer no "challenge", is just annoying.

Because leveling was hard and challenging between beta and 4.0. Yep. Totally.

And fighting the final class story bosses was also hard and challenging between beta and 4.0. Mhmmm. Absolutely.

No. Not neither was. Neither was ever hard or challenging. The only thing it really was, was that it was long and took time.

Let's take Baras. On level the fight was never hard or even remotely challenging. Bring decent enough gear and your healing comp and the fight was always easy. And for people who went on to Makeb to hit 55 the fight was nothing more but a roflstomp to get the "I finished the original class story!" feeling.

I can't possibly believe they intended this, is has be a side effect. If the class story didn't end on a low level planet this wouldn't have happened.

The combat in this game has been broken ever since the original game launched. Obnoxious cooldowns, constant PvP style debilitating effects in PvE, multiple redundant skills, unbalanced difficulty...

By removing the companion gearing it means they now operate at 100 percent efficiency; But that has nothing to do with the change in difficulty.

Baras was always a joke of a fight anyways.:D

When the game first came out that Baras fight was very difficult; he used to do his god mode attacks much more frequently. The smallest mistake and you had to start over. I leveled a couple more warriors in the last two months and they had already turned that fight into a snoozefest. At release the Baras fight and the Agent's Jaden fights were considered to be tougher than the rest. Both have been hugely nerfed into the ground long before 4.0, to the point that you could probably do everything wrong and still succeed. So if level syncing made it a bit easier again.. meh... it might be a bug, might not be... but given how easy it already was... does it really matter?

It's not actually about being downlevelled for the fight that is the issue. Aside from it being slightly comical that the end game Darth is shown as level 12 I don't really care what number is shown a UI for my level or the bosses level, it's all arbitrary anyway. It's about the balance of the fight. When the boss goes down in 3 global cooldowns while ignoring all mechanics, the balance is utterly broken.

There is pushover and there is ridiculous I genuinely thought I'd bugged the fight because I started the fight and almost immediately he went into conversation mode before i'd even started a rotation.

Sounds like he died for you about 4 seconds faster than he died for me when I finished that class story 2 years ago

Seriously....seriously?

Edited by Vember

well at least now those of us who leveled all these classes back at launch (or even pre-4.0) can say "back in my day, we had to walk uphill both ways, and leveling was actually a moderate challenge! You young whippersnappers have it too easy!"

Let's not get TOO excited. Leveling has never been difficult. I'll miss the days of trying to solo H4s though. THAT could be a challenge at times.

A bit of a design oversight on their part and I can understand being annoyed at being down-levelled for the climactic "final" fight but that said....Baras was always a pushover anyway pre-sync so meh.

What you are seeing is more a result of their new emphasis on story. That is, they couldn't do a proper beta test for this expansion b/c the more people who play it the more likely they get a story leak and the entire point is the story. So they had a very private little testing group that obviously played through the new content and gave a cursory glance at the old content.

There are going to be a lot of patches incoming.

They definitely could have done a beta and not had people proceed into KOTFE; these changes affect the core worlds.

Artimous

Edited by Siarti

Sounds like he died for you about 4 seconds faster than he died for me when I finished that class story 2 years ago

Seriously....seriously?

Indeed, I wish they went the other way, would be nice for the end story boss to be challenging!

My friend just did this quest, and umm it was a good fight he said, You might be bugged. report it :) and move on.

There was nothing bugged. He was just level 12, I was level 12. One hit took nearly half of his HP. And yeah I did move on, but was rather disappointing.

Edited by ZavienUK

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.