The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Eventually, Bioware is going to cave, and have bracketed warzones

Chiricahua

Thats not the reason people dont want brackets.

The reasons is because ques will take even longer then they already do. but then again with ques being longer the ganking will be as alot of level 50s are already full purple. Won't that be fun? All the accomplished 50s stopping you from questing cause you cant level as fast as they did through pvp when that change does happen. :)

Yes they will and the crying from 50's who have to take on people their own level will be priceless.

So many more nerf threads will be opened lol. All because someone thinks they can use the exact same strategy on a level 50 as they do on level 20's.

"I can't kill Sentinels now?!?! They must be nerfed IMMEDIATELY."

I can see it now :)

Thats not the reason people dont want brackets.

The reasons is because ques will take even longer then they already do. but then again with ques being longer the ganking will be as alot of level 50s are already full purple. Won't that be fun? All the accomplished 50s stopping you from questing cause you cant level as fast as they did through pvp when that change does happen. :)

Keep telling yourself that. Remember to come back here when the 50's bracket is put in. The whining will be awesome.

My queues are near instant but I'm hating the lvl50premades that bend me over.... brackets would be amazing. Though they don't want to be like other mmo's they should still take the good ideas.

Though I do love the feeling of killing a lvl 50 1v1 at lvl 15. : )

So many more nerf threads will be opened lol. All because someone thinks they can use the exact same strategy on a level 50 as they do on level 20's.

"I can't kill Sentinels now?!?! They must be nerfed IMMEDIATELY."

I can see it now :)

That will be exactly what happens.

I'd much rather have same-server warzones than bracketed warzones. Hopefully BioWare doesn't cave to the whiners. Bolstering can be tweaked, destroying competitive communities and servers is permanent. Edited by raelimar

Who cares. I personally am tired of carebears whining about PVP and the lack thereof to dominate in it. I'm tired of entering warzones and having players complain in /ops because they don't rush the lesser fortified position. I also get annoyed when players rush around worrying more about kills than the objectives.

The argument I hear for brackets:

• I want to be the guy owning people.
  • If I'm with people who have better gear I can't own.
  • I want to be the top of my ladder without any learning curve or climb.
  • I want to be able to dominate those around me instead of being dominated.
  • I want to rush the center instead of playing by objectives.
  • There is an I in team.

Eve taught me one thing. If you want to dominate the galaxy, you must first get dominated by the galaxy. I don't play carebear PvP. I like challenges, and I like penalties for death. I make top 5 quite often and I'm level 27 on an RP-PVP server. I wish this game had punishment for death, but it doesn't.

Please stop whining, and get over the learning curve. That's pretty much what it is. I think that's why people have this viceral reaction to say, "learn to play", you are complaining about a new game and troubles overcoming its learning curve.

You are asking for an "easy" mode to a lot of us; while pretending it will only make it more "competitive". You are removing the most stiffest of competition, because you personally feel your character or class can't handle it. I don't feel that way so please don't speak for me.

If I wanted bracketed PvP dominated by whomever gets bored enough to hold fast at the top of the bracket I would find that. I want objective based team oriented PvP; and this game has inklings of that.

The main thing required to provide a solid PvP environment, and build a good relationship with development teams would be:

1. Stop whining
  2. Go join a warzone
  3. Go after objectives, not kills or damage
  4. Play Defense too
  5. Travel in groups
  6. Focus on objectives
  7. Goal is to win the skirmish not build your personal stats or ego
  8. Take that death like a man, go respawn and try something different
  9. Stop focusing on choke points full of combat, when there are objectives wide-open to be had.
  10. Take notes and provide constructive criticism, instead of manic flashmobs of "X from Y is the only way, "game breaker".

After all carebears there are people who like challenges. There are other things to complain about more important and way more constructive for the community in general.

Bracketed PvP would send me back to Eve as I consider that an "easy button". Instead of campaigning against an "easy button" I'm deciding to play the game, gain experience in PvP, get my *** whooped, and learn this game because I like it. When I'm 50 it'll be earned, and I'll know how to fight like it. Learning is fun, and sometimes you take a beating. If you don't want to get rolled you could always PvE or upgrade your gear.

If you were saying improve bolster, you'd have me interested, but i hear a call for an easy button, and I must ask nicely to refrain from this manic parade.

The arguments I hear for no brackets

• I want to be the guy owning people.
  • If I'm with people who have better gear I can't own.
  • I want to be the top of my ladder without any learning curve or climb.
  • I want to be able to dominate those around me instead of being dominated.
  • I want to rush the center instead of playing by objectives.
  • There is an I in team.

Not a very good list you had there is it?

It's not about owning people. I want a fair fight. Bolster only raises lower levels to the equivalent of blue level 50 gear. Champion gear is a hell of a lot better than blue gear. In several of the matches I've played today we've faced premades with 50s in champion gear. Strategy didn't matter...the gear gave them too much of an edge to overcome even with good teamwork.

I think 50 Brackets will come soon for sure, they are just waiting for more people to hit the cap first. Eventually (and hopefully) they will continue to keep warzones server only and have a few brackets added, but i wouldnt be surprised if they are something like 10-30, 31-49, and 50. this way we dont have 50s vs tens, but with more levels in each bracket queue times wont ever hit stupid long. Unless your sith, but I rolled Reps knowing that my queues would be near instant :)

I thing 50 should just be it's own bracket.

just a simple solution that makes sense, and eventually it will be the most common.

And also because the gear obviously spikes at level 50 as well.

Edited by WLpride

In several of the matches I've played today we've faced premades with 50s in champion gear.

Premades are premades. Making it a bracketed system won't stop that. Bolster will be improved and, with any luck, we'll see a 50's only bracket they can choose.