The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How about saying something nice about KotFE?

Kalabakk

Without spoiling too much: the expansion has been completely worth it, a shame that two died (for those of you who haven't played yet i will not reveal who) but the story has been fun I found the scene with HK-55 chasing and trying to kill some pesty critters to be both humorous and awesome, I just wish I could run into some of my old companions from my main alts storyline as side from the one (again trying not too spoil anything for those who haven't played it yet or haven't gotten far) :cool:

Hah, I mentioned HK-55 chasing those critters around in another thread as an example of the humor in the expansion - absolutely loved that bit and found it hilarious (especially when another companion popped up in that scene and pretty much just shook his head after he saw what was happening).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't gotten to play it yet but from what I've seen the new companions and the story seem great, and I'm guessing they might change some of the current changes they've made to older companions(ie can't use their normal weapons)

A bit of a spoiler here:

Still have yet to see if you can recruit tanno as a trooper, and am wondering if he'll turn up again in later chapters(if you didn't kill him) and become recruitable. Plus when did he become so sensitive, I remember him being the one throwing the insults.

There are tons of negative threads about people nitpicking apart the new expansion. I personally have encountered a few things that have irked me, too. Let's use this thread to say something nice about the expansion! If you want to complain about it, head over to the 10,000 negative threads out there and type to your heart's content.

Overall, I am thrilled with this new expansion. This is the most fun I have had in the game since I first started playing it back in beta. Yes, some of this stuff will turn into a grind after the shininess wears off, but for now, I'm having a blast. Lots of new things to do, and it even has a bit of a KOTOR feel to it. The whole alliance thing reminds me of Mass Effect 3 where you had to gather up allies (lets just hope the ending turns out better!)

Whether you agree with how it turned out or not, it's obvious they put a lot of time and thought into it and I want to at least give them some kudos for that. What are some of the things you like about KotFE so far?

Really nice title for the expac

Thank you all for taking the time to say something positive about this amazing and incredibly fun new expansion.

As I've been skimming over the forums I've been astonished by the onslaught of so many toxic and negative comments that ultimately are from people who are idiotic, immature and prone to temper tantrums over very trivial things. The problem with forums is that all the articulate, thoughtful and CONSTRUCTIVE posts get buried by this overwhelming avalanche of stupidity. I want to combat this and try to indicate to the game developers who have worked very hard at delivering something bold and exciting with this new expansion that they have done a wonderful job so I am dedicating some time to dig through the forums and bump up any constructive, thoughtful posts I can find to help counter the histrionic and deranged rantings people keep trolling out.

I encourage other fans of this game to do the same. I don't want my favorite MMO to degenerate from Star Wars into Troll Wars.

I was a fan until this expac, but have only been playing for a year with about 14 toons.

Just want to say that I love the new expansion and am enjoying the majority of changes very much. I realized this morning that I had posted a few of my questions/complaints/concerns but had not said how much fun I've been having so I wanted to remedy that.

Right now my main focus has been the story and the new story is amazing! First play through I did on a light-side female Jedi, not romancing any of the new chars, and now I've started a second play through with a dark-side male non-Force user who is romancing Lana. I'm on Chap 4 with him and already the story has a different feel and the characters are reacting to him differently.

Overall, this story is more personal, the characters have depth and variety, and the tone and atmosphere is totally immersive. I was very impressed with the little graphics changes and way each and every map is unique. I truly feel like I've stepped into another world and not just a rehash of previous places. I love the humor injected into the story, and the feeling of danger and creepiness in a lot of the new areas. I was particularly impressed with

the dream sequence, where even tiny sparks of fire hung suspended in mid-air around me, and the sound echoes had that freaky other-worldly quality.

I can tell that a lot of work went into this story, a lot of heart. Good job!