Exploration missions reset

lKile

Hello BW! Just wanted to report a bug that happened to me, not sure if there are more people affected. Well, apparently, with 4.0, all the Explorations Missions that we completed in the past has been reset completly. They appear avalaible to complete above the heads of the questgivers, again. I assume this is a bug, so there you go (: Edited by lKile

I'm having this issue too.

I'm a completionist, and I was hoping to scout the planets to see if I was missing any mission after the patch, so this bug (I hope it is a bug, not a feature) really impact my gameplay; I don't want to repeat these missions again with PC's that already completed them.

It will feel like an inmense amount of wasted time.:jawa_frown:

I'm having this issue too.

I'm a completionist, and I was hoping to scout the planets to see if I was missing any mission after the patch, so this bug (I hope it is a bug, not a feature) really impact my gameplay; I don't want to repeat these missions again with PC's that already completed them.

It will feel like an inmense amount of wasted time.:jawa_frown:

Yeah, I'm the same way as you. It is just pointless to repeat the same old quests all over again. I'm completely sure it is a bug.

It happened to me too on my level 58 bounty hunter. None of my level 60 characters seem to be affected, but when I logged in on that one level 58 character I discovered that I no longer had the bonus series breadcrumb missions in my mission log. So I went to Balmorra for the long tedious process of picking them all back up to prevent myself from forgetting I haven't done them on the bounty hunter, and when I get to Sobrik I see all of the newly reclassified "exploratory missions" available as if I'd never done them.

Finishing out the whole slew of missions on my characters is a pretty big part of the game for me silly and tedious though it may seem to others, so I'd like to have this corrected.

It happened to me too on my level 58 bounty hunter. None of my level 60 characters seem to be affected, but when I logged in on that one level 58 character I discovered that I no longer had the bonus series breadcrumb missions in my mission log. So I went to Balmorra for the long tedious process of picking them all back up to prevent myself from forgetting I haven't done them on the bounty hunter, and when I get to Sobrik I see all of the newly reclassified "exploratory missions" available as if I'd never done them.

Finishing out the whole slew of missions on my characters is a pretty big part of the game for me silly and tedious though it may seem to others, so I'd like to have this corrected.

Yeah, I noticed this in Voss, with the bonus series questgiver. I completed that bonus quest chain long ago, but the quest was avalaible again. ):

Same here, and correct me if i am wrong but it is not only exploration missions, at least it seemed that the planetary story arcs starter quests in the spaceport are also again available both the regular and bonus one. Since i did not follow through with them i don't know if the entire arc is available...

Like the OP i am a quest junkie but not to the point that i want to do the entire story arcs again...hoping this can be fixed.

Same here, and correct me if i am wrong but it is not only exploration missions, at least it seemed that the planetary story arcs starter quests in the spaceport are also again available both the regular and bonus one. Since i did not follow through with them i don't know if the entire arc is available...

Like the OP i am a quest junkie but not to the point that i want to do the entire story arcs again...hoping this can be fixed.

Didn't test the planetary story arcs, but the bonus series are avalaible for me as well. This need to be fixed as soon as posible, I love to do all the content, but repeat it... Hope this bug is solved with the new patch next thuesday.

I just returned to Vaiken Spacedock today on my level 65 Sith Inquisitor and discovered the same problem I saw on my Bounty Hunter. The Rattataki NPC who provides the breadcrumb for the Alderaan bonus series is now offering it to me again, and I can only assume the other exploratory missions for this character have been reset.

Please, please find a solution for this. I was very patient and thorough in having my favorite characters complete every possible mission for completion's sake before KotFE and having that progress ignored is not a small issue.

I just returned to Vaiken Spacedock today on my level 65 Sith Inquisitor and discovered the same problem I saw on my Bounty Hunter. The Rattataki NPC who provides the breadcrumb for the Alderaan bonus series is now offering it to me again, and I can only assume the other exploratory missions for this character have been reset.

Please, please find a solution for this. I was very patient and thorough in having my favorite characters complete every possible mission for completion's sake before KotFE and having that progress ignored is not a small issue.

It seems this bug is more common than we thought. Each time I go to a random planet for Bounty Contract missions, I see people in chat asking for help due to the same problem. But don't worry mate, hopefully BW will fix this in the next patch.

What got me was i was halfway through my HK missions and they all got reset back to pre-Theoretica. I had finished Theoretica, bought the really expensive piece from Tatooene, scouerd Taris and Dromond Kass and even completed False Emperor and Hardmode Foundry - and lost it all.

Now I have to go thru the trouble of finding a group to rerun False Emperor and Hardmode Foundry, because our levels have been gimped when we go in there and they are probably no longer soloable at 55 anymore.

I will curse you til my dying day if they remove all the exploration missions that reset from my main characters.

If the rest of you don't like it, then ignore them or turn off exploration missions on your map. Personally I'm having fun re-running them again.

Patch 4.0.1 notes are out and they don't mention this problem at all.

I'm really worried that they'll erase all my progress in all those missions. This is a big deal for me, we are talking about missions that were completed a long time ago.

I chose to go slowly and finishing all those missions in their proper order instead of rushing a lot of alts to lvl 60. Now it seems that was for nothing :(

It would be great to have some official clarification about this subject, but I'm pessimistic; that semi-hidden toggle on the map screen for the exploration missions looks like a way to hide this horrible resetting, although more people are starting to notice it now.

I'm also affected by this. My character was also below level 60 and all of the exploration missions that I've already completed in the past are available once again. I spent a lot of time on my character to perform every mission on every planet I came across so this is rather annoying as now it looks like I haven't done any of them.

Hope this will get address in the near future update.

I will curse you til my dying day if they remove all the exploration missions that reset from my main characters.

If the rest of you don't like it, then ignore them or turn off exploration missions on your map. Personally I'm having fun re-running them again.

If you are having fun redoing them, make another char and do them. I don't like it, and this need to be fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

So much this.. I'm a completionist & chronologist and seeing these quests available again is driving me crazy, even thinking about heading to every quest hub on every planet again just to chronologically complete stuff I've already done is enough to make me curl up in a ball..

• 2 weeks later...
So much this.. I'm a completionist & chronologist and seeing these quests available again is driving me crazy, even thinking about heading to every quest hub on every planet again just to chronologically complete stuff I've already done is enough to make me curl up in a ball..

Bumping with empathy and to bring the issue back to light.

Bioware can prove me wrong on this, but I would not count on this getting fixed.

Think about what goes into the quests and how they are flagged for characters (either as "quest available", "quest started", "quest finished", "quest abandoned", etc). Now imagine how all those flags are tied into the new system that was established with 4.0.

Then imagine them trying to "fix" this for everyone ... and not causing a massive number of problems for literally everyone, including those who are playing through the 1-50 content now.

While I'm totally sympathetic to what people are saying about completionism and chronologism, the chances for even bigger issues are so high with any fix they attempt, that I would suggest for the common good this fix is either (a) not attempted or (b) attempted only after massive regression testing. And having worked at Bioware as a contract tester, I can assure you that not only do they not have a QA team currently (ignore what it says in the support tickets) but they do not have -- and never have had -- a regression suite that is able to do pre- and post-data integrity checks for changes like this.

Again, Bioware can prove me wrong by implementing a fix that pleases most everyone -- but their history, and my knowledge of their internal team, suggests this is unlikely.

• 7 months later...

I know it's an old post, but I'm just now getting back into the game, and started noticing this with all my toons.

It really is doing work on my completionist mind, this situation. It's driving me mad. I very much do not like that so many of the missions I've completed over the last couple years+ have been reset, and makes me feel like I wasted time doing them the first time around.

Like some have said, it's discouraging, for immersion's sake.

No word from BW?

• 1 month later...