Bioware?? Why didn't you listen in the beta??

MajikMyst

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way to get this changed is to ruin the play experience for others.

If enough people scream, it'll disappear in a patch.

Like I said, I've tried PvP and hate it, if you're going to force me to do it I'll make you hate me being there.

Ah, the petulant brat spoiling the MMO community in the name of "justice"...

Like I said, I've tried PvP and hate it, if you're going to force me to do it I'll make you hate me being there.

You're right, they should revert it back to 3.0... where you couldn't get any other companions except those determined by your class.

If you want 4X or Pierce, roll a trooper or warrior, or go PvP.

Actually you can use companions against world bosses, you just have to do it without an ops group. It's harder on the healers since they have no easy way to select targets to heal, but it can be done. Whether or not the companions survive the fight is another matter entirely. AFAIK operations are the only PvE activity where companions are well and truly prohibited.

Try again. You can't use companions against world bosses because world bosses have a buff that makes companions cower in fear. The only thing they do is stand there with their hands over their heads in surrender pose.

Actually you can use companions against world bosses, you just have to do it without an ops group. It's harder on the healers since they have no easy way to select targets to heal, but it can be done. Whether or not the companions survive the fight is another matter entirely. AFAIK operations are the only PvE activity where companions are well and truly prohibited.

World bosses stun companions immediately upon entering combat. Next time you target a world boss, notice that they have a little buff that says "Only true heroes may challenge this foe" or something along those lines.

Try again. You can't use companions against world bosses because world bosses have a buff that makes companions cower in fear. The only thing they do is stand there with their hands over their heads in surrender pose.

I stand corrected. I haven't done world bosses much (because I hate gathering a group and going to the planet only to find that the boss is down and won't respawn for another two hours) so I wasn't aware of this.

Like they removed the PvP missions in the Gree event?

Go ahead. This is what you don't understand about PvP. If you do that, then I'm just as likely to be on the other team destroying you for your folly. Or I'll be on your team and chalk it up to another bad in PvP and move on.

That's the essential thing about PvP, you get used to being killed, to losing. Even the best PvPers lose sometimes and good players just lose the ego about it. Last night I was up against a double premade who all worked together in a Hypergate WZ. They beat the living crap out of us. But it was over quick and I still had better stats than half their team. So that's a small compensation.

In PvP, other players are the CONTENT. You'll be like a weak NPC. And I'll be that gold killing you. :jawa_tongue:

Edited by Master-Nala

Nope.

I'm reading through the PvP section of the forum and finding out what PvP'ers hate the most in their team so I can do that for 20 matches.

Whatever it takes to make this idiotic design decision go away.

I stand corrected. I haven't done world bosses much (because I hate gathering a group and going to the planet only to find that the boss is down and won't respawn for another two hours) so I wasn't aware of this.

Only solo-able one you needed a companion for was Snowblind, and that was because of his debuff. Basically tank the boss until he disappeared, then run behind your companion so your companion ate the debuff and stun. Also stacking on a companion helps to cut down the damage during the blizzard phase.

But otherwise they turned into useless statues, they wouldn't even heal themselves.

how will 20 matches of just standing around be enough for valor rank 40?

i just did 1(1st time in a long time) got 10 badges and was on the winning side and gained 3500ish valor.which werent enough to take me from rank 23-24 can someone explain to me please?

or have i just got the valor req needed to recruit pierce/4x wrong?

Nope.

I'm reading through the PvP section of the forum and finding out what PvP'ers hate the most in their team so I can do that for 20 matches.

As a certain Jedi Master is known to have said, "You cannot escape your destiny. You must face PvPers again," and again for about 10-20 times. :p

Nope.

Your decision to piss off your fellow players, but it's probably not a wise idea. Especially when you consider many people do more than just one activity.

I know if you were on my server, and I seen that type of behavior, I wouldn't want you in any group activity or aid you in any way.

how will 20 matches of just standing around be enough for valor rank 40?

i just did 1(1st time in a long time) got 10 badges and was on the winning side and gained 3500ish valor.which werent enough to take me from rank 23-24 can someone explain to me please?

or have i just got the valor req needed to recruit pierce/4x wrong?

You have options. As I remember it:

1) Be a Trooper for 4X or Warrior for Pierce <- Get him immediately; :)

2) Be Valor Level 40 <- 4X or Pierce gives you a high 5 for being leet and joins immediately :D

OR

3) Play 20 Warzones (wins count x2).

So if you've never played PvP or don't do it much, you might have to do some WZs but that's it.

You have options. As I remember it:

1) Be a Trooper for 4X or Warrior for Pierce <- Get him immediately; :)

2) Be Valor Level 40 <- 4X or Pierce gives you a high 5 for being leet and joins immediately :D

OR

3) Play 20 Warzones (wins count x2).

So if you've never played PvP or don't do it much, you might have to do some WZs but that's it.

ahh i see,tyvm..ahh well i may as well carry on with the warzones till next tues,hopefully should get valor rank 40 by then..p.s i hate pvp but it wasnt so bad,even killed a few :v

ahh i see,tyvm..ahh well i may as well carry on with the warzones till next tues,hopefully should get valor rank 40 by then..p.s i hate pvp but it wasnt so bad,even killed a few :v

PvP isn't hard in this game if you have half a brain. They aren't requiring ranked Warzones, just regs so like half your opposition is going to be worse than you, if you are merely average.

Until I got this mission I enjoyed the expansion but now M1-4X can pretty much go to hell for me for all I care now.I tried to do pvp and only won 1 match out of 10.Players are foul mouthed and pvp is frustrating to me. Who in their right mind thought it would be ok to let pve players do this.

Until I got this mission I enjoyed the expansion but now M1-4X can pretty much go to hell for me for all I care now.I tried to do pvp and only won 1 match out of 10.Players are foul mouthed and pvp is frustrating to me. Who in their right mind thought it would be ok to let pve players do this.

you only need another 9 matches,may as well tough it out,just ignore the chat or turn it off

you only need another 9 matches,may as well tough it out,just ignore the chat or turn it off

and then i get the teams that are only in the game for the kills and dont go after the objective.thats the most frustrating part of it.the lazy people who just go for the kill instead of helping out.

Edited by Jedi_Rachael

and then i get the teams that are only in the game for the kills and dont go after the objective.thats the most frustrating part of it.the lazy people who just go for the kill instead of helping out.

Let go of your hate (or frustration, whatever).

Just don't let it bother you. Believe it or not, it can be kind of funny, if you just don't let it bother you.

To be honest no one will notice. You'll be like the multitude of people who are bad at PvP. If you don't PvP you would get wrecked anyway unless your team is able to carry you.

I don't know why you all think this is a concern of PvP players. This is our lived experience. It's super common to have people who aren't that good. I'm not scared of taking a few losses. Why are you scared to just try?

Oh people will notice I don't pvp. Especially so when I rescue pull people into bad situations. If this game was based on PVP then I could understand it being forced. However, this is a PVE game and PVP is a bit of side entertainment some do enjoy. It should have never been a PVP only thing requirement in a game build on PVE and story.

So yes, I can assure you. People will notice. They will not like it and will soon agree it's probably best to to not force PVP ever.

Why would I want to try it now you mean? AsI've tried it in the past. I dislike PVP in SWTOR. I'm not scared of a few losses either and it will be highly entertaining when I get in there.

Edited by Quraswren

Let go of your hate (or frustration, whatever).

Just don't let it bother you. Believe it or not, it can be kind of funny, if you just don't let it bother you.

I try not to let it bother me but when im up against the same freaking premade team every round thats when it bothers me.

Oh people will notice I don't pvp. Especially so when I rescue pull people into bad situations. If this game was based on PVP then I could understand it being forced. However, this is a PVE game and PVP is a bit of side entertainment some do enjoy. It should have never been a PVP only thing requirement in a game build on PVE and story.

So yes, I can assure you. People will notice. They will not like it and will soon agree it's probably best to to not force PVP ever.

Why would I want to try it now you mean? AsI've tried it in the past. I dislike PVP in SWTOR. I'm not scared of a few losses either and it will be highly entertaining when I get in there.

Go ahead and grief. I keep telling you guys, that your impotent rage will not bother us. Stamp your feet like a child, do your 20 WZs. Or don't. I don't care.

The devs don't respond to PvPers complaints anyway so making us mad isn't going to get you anywhere! :D

Edited by Master-Nala