Transpose

Catholicc

Yeah it's a really situational ability and even in those few situations there might be something better for you to do. I get most use out of it in wzs. If a class without a leap or roll gets caught outside during the the pylon explosion in ancient hypergate, you can switch with them and then leap back to safety. It can be used to teleport a healer away from a melee dps; if you are reinforcing a node you can use it to switch with the guy defending whose potentially near death and allows space for him/her to heal or get a health node while you take over defense. I have also used it with mixed results in huttball some times if I get up to their base right as doors drop I can switch places with the carrier allowing him to score without needing a contested pass, but on the other hand if I can just toss my guard on him( my ptechs a tank) and toss out a few stuns/ oil slick/ taunts he could just run in himself anyway. One of the first times I used it in huttball I was near end zone and my healer had the ball on the other side of the acid trap, the issue was I switched at the same time he passed so I ended up with the ball on the other side of the trap and the healer in the middle of a cluster**** when the doors dropped.

TL;DR: Very situational and even then not all that useful. Cool mechanic though.

I've tried using it like that... but aside from Commandos/Mercs the other healers can get away easily....or again, before the cast completes.

I find that it's more useful for annoying teammates than anything else.............................................................................

As others, it'd be better without the cast time. By the time it goes off the healer/whatever could've used their CC break and moved to a better position that I'm now pulling them out of. Not sure if the cast time is for balance reasons, or simply so they can put the animation on (a bit like Force Choke).

Best use I've had is Huttball, rather than what I presume its intended purpose was of getting team mates out of tough situations.

It's a cool ability but that's all it is. Seems like they just shoved it in out of having to give tanks something since they gave all PTs Jet Charge, no real thought into its use at all.

Must admit though, I've had so much fun trolling people with it and in PvE gives tanks something to reign in over-eager melee dps (looking at all you marauder "tanks").

i have fallen in love with this ability, granted i enjoy it more often in a premade situation i can send my stealther buddy to the end zone and carry the ball to victory, but when i solo its rougher to use, im seriously contemplating going tank this whole expansion instead of tactics and swapping to tank on occassion because of this ability .

using your imagination can make this ability soo useful. of course knowing when to do it takes some awareness maybe alot of players dont have yet.

and the animation is amazing!

I find it situationally useful in PvP. The primary thing I've used it for is to pull people who are being stunlocked/burned out of the heat when throwing guard alone just wont be enough- the enemy tends to be confused long enough for a healer to toss a heal or for him to use a medpac/dcd. I was afraid to use it to move myself in Hutball because I figured that it would reset the ball- but apparently it doesn't. This is one of those skills that we will continue to discover useful applications for as time goes on... I'm excited about it :)

if you couldnt interrupt it, it would be crazy its a simple counter to a very powerful ability this is actually good balance

It's not. Transpose is just a horrible imitation of Sage Rescue, aka pull, which only has a 1 minute CD instead or 1.5 and is an instant cast vs a 1.5 second cast + time it takes to "stop moving" before you can even cast it. So no. It's not "very powerful" it's very useless. Even in PvE where classes can just use their instant cast drop threat abilities.

As for teleporting with the Huttball...Assassins and Operatives can do it as well- but there's is an instant cast. It's a stupid ability with very little value. It makes you wonder about the intelligence of their devs and internal testing teams. Clearly they're just trolling Vanguards/Powertechs.

Edited by Catholicc

It's not. Transpose is just a horrible imitation of Sage Rescue, aka pull, which only has a 1 minute CD instead or 1.5 and is an instant cast vs a 1.5 second cast + time it takes to "stop moving" before you can even cast it. So no. It's not "very powerful" it's very useless. Even in PvE where classes can just use their instant cast drop threat abilities.

As for teleporting with the Huttball...Assassins and Operatives can do it as well- but there's is an instant cast. It's a stupid ability with very little value. It makes you wonder about the intelligence of their devs and internal testing teams. Clearly they're just trolling Vanguards/Powertechs.

This sums it up. Remove the cast and it would be useful.

the trick is that it is our only cast time ability outside of pulse cannon/whatever flame ability imps have, you dont balance it with just rescue or other teleport abilities...you balance it against that and all the other abilities we have, i am sorry you find this ability useless, and i am very hopeful that others like you wont use it so it will take alot more people to get use to the use of it.

for example sage rescue is instant but most of the heals they have are cast times as well as the attacks they have so our attacks being mostly instant cast and our "rescue" having a cast time is okay balance to me.

i do agree the flavor of it is a bit wonky but its usefulness along with the sick animation make this ability very worth it to me...

and honestly they really need to put more effort into commando survival skills than making this instant cast.

Edited by Retro_Chrome

the trick is that it is our only cast time ability outside of pulse cannon/whatever flame ability imps have, you dont balance it with just rescue or other teleport abilities...you balance it against that and all the other abilities we have, i am sorry you find this ability useless, and i am very hopeful that others like you wont use it so it will take alot more people to get use to the use of it.

for example sage rescue is instant but most of the heals they have are cast times as well as the attacks they have so our attacks being mostly instant cast and our "rescue" having a cast time is okay balance to me.

i do agree the flavor of it is a bit wonky but its usefulness along with the sick animation make this ability very worth it to me...

and honestly they really need to put more effort into commando survival skills than making this instant cast.

So by that logic, Scoundrels and Operative should have a cast time to roll and lucky strike as well as for disappear. Same with a sentinel's and shadow's disappear. All of there attacks are instant, so their defensive ones should have a cast time right?

i do not think that that is as cut and dry as you are making it out to be.

i guess i was trying to find a direct correlation between rescue and transpose since they fill the same role where as the other abilities are self preservation/who cares about anyone else abilities.

that being said i really do not think that the cast time on transpose is really all that bad. it makes you think and look at the situation with a more predictive nature as opposed to a quick reactive type of mind set...to me this is more challenging and more fun. i can understand where others want "equality for all".

again i really think that once people learn to use this ability and are better able to judge different peoples ability to take damage vs others...and of course using it in huttball:)

as an example: a guardian is focusing a healer and the vanguard tank comes around the corner, VG uses transpose on the guardian. VG begins beating on the healer . the guardian leaps back( regaining a benefit from after leap) and now you have improved the guardians damage while closing the gap to the enemy healer.

this is only one example, i have yet to stop thinking of new ways to use this new ability, some work some dont but i encourage trial and error before you tout this ability as "horribad get rid of it now"

In its current form its pointless skill. I mainly PvP and do HM FP, and I cant think of a single scenario where I, as tank, can waste (interruptable) 1.5 sec instead of using a more important skill and that has a bigger impact than this.

If I am that far out of position in objective (!) based pvp & pve that I need to use this skill I really messed up. But its due to being interruptable and the cast time it has zero use as an "oh crap" button

I would love to see a dev video of this being used on regular basis with a meaningful impact ...

Wow, just goes to show, give a brother a rope and he'll wana be a cowboy...

You get something for 'free' and you'll complain about it.

PT/VG tanks didn't 'lose' anything - Only the exclusivity of the charge ability. And to make up for that, we get transpose on top of existing abilities.

I think it has tonnes of potential, especially in pvp which is what most of the new abilities have been aimed at - Mobility in pvp (cept maybe 'slingers).

It'll be powerful in arena. Swap places with a friendly being targetted then carbonite them and flamesweep your little heart out, then AOE taunt before they all run away to hit something squishier.

Huttball... OMG huttball. With jet charge and transpose and hydrolic overdrive the mobility for PT/VG tanks in 4.0 is giggidy giggidy.

Don't complain about freebies ;P

PT/VG tanks didn't 'lose' anything - Only the exclusivity of the charge ability. And to make up for that, we get transpose on top of existing abilities.

I think it has tonnes of potential, especially in pvp which is what most of the new abilities have been aimed at - Mobility in pvp (cept maybe 'slingers).

It'll be powerful in arena. Swap places with a friendly being targetted then carbonite them and flamesweep your little heart out, then AOE taunt before they all run away to hit something squishier.

Huttball... OMG huttball. With jet charge and transpose and hydrolic overdrive the mobility for PT/VG tanks in 4.0 is giggidy giggidy.

Please do show us a video of this powerful ability being used effectively and (!) actually more than once in a blue moon. I play 4-6 matches a day and since head start been really trying to actually use the skill and there is just no point. It either gets interrupted or there more important skills to use with bigger impact - guard, taunt, carbonize, seismic grenade ...

I don't care that others got jet charge etc, not a biggie. But for a high level skill I would like to see something that's actually useful on consistent basis. its fluff skill to troll people in your grp. So might as well not have it.

In Arenas since your the tank trading places is putting someone else out of guard and setting them up to be globaled. If they are in trouble it just puts you in harms way for a tank takedown. Oh and they can interrupt the long channel.

Huttball yeah one game type. Juggs do it better with intercede charge and push.

I guess people find gold in poop I guess /shrugs

Edited by FerkWork

Bringing Juggs into convos is never a good thing, especially when talking about the usefulness of an equivalent ability.

Intercede: Instant: 20second CD: Reduce threat and 20% Damage reduction

Transpose: 1.5 second (interruptible) cast: 90second CD: Reduce threat can't be leapt to or pulled for 6 seconds or fewer.

Let's face it, Vanguards/PTs got the booby prize...and before you say the devs know what they're doing, please take note of the fact that they originally wanted to make Storm/Charge the level 61 ability (currently shoulder cannon.)