Yet another level sync cry but seriously...

Aylisis

uhh, were you dps and using a healer companion?

Personally I found them very easy.

This, just done all heroics on Courscant, Taris, Tatooine. Basically I just walked though them. Which kinda makes the level sync pointless in any case. Oh plus two bounty hunts which seemed far easier this time round.

Still the heroics offer good crystal rewards and credits plus items to hand in once I start the xpac. So still hate level sync and think its pointless but its not hard or difficult in any way. Unless that changes on later planets.

Wow, it's almost like I called it. Just about a day into the expansion, and people are calling for levelsync to be even more severe than it already is.

Hey, I have a wacky idea -- how about they make it optional, so that people who want it to be "hardcore" can be synced way the hell down, and those who don't care of it at all can go back to the way the game has been for 4 years.

I was being sarcastic but also pointing out that it takes very little effort to avoid the mobs when you are synced down and there is little to no danger. Many many many many people have reported being able to easily solo heroics when synced down. I started a new character and have been soloing them as I go without the endgame gear and only being synced down a level or 2 and have no issues as well. If you are aggroing everything and getting yourself killed it is really a L2P issue and not the fault of level sync.

This, just done all heroics on Courscant, Taris, Tatooine. Basically I just walked though them. Which kinda makes the level sync pointless in any case. Oh plus two bounty hunts which seemed far easier this time round.

Still the heroics offer good crystal rewards and credits plus items to hand in once I start the xpac. So still hate level sync and think its pointless but its not hard or difficult in any way. Unless that changes on later planets.

nope, companions are super duper god-mode, all those complainiing about "not being able to roflstomp people" do not need to worry, your companions will do it for you :(

wa...wa...wasn't that the concern about the people who were freaking about about level sync? They were afraid that it was going to be too hard and they shouldn't be forced to do that. Now that it's all out in the open and it's not at all hard or what they thought it was going to be, now the argument becomes it's too easy still when they openly said before they don't want a challenge when they go back to lower planets because they are utmostepiconevilmasterofeverything?

No your combining two separate complaints as if they came from the same group of people (deliberately so you can have a dig at people). Those who were concerned this would make things too difficult should be happy (although perhaps not as happy if they didn't have to have it at all). However those that were looking forward to level sync bringing a challenge will now be unhappy. And in any case it was never about 'too hard' it was about 'too tedious'.

This actually brings us back full circle to what was actually asked for right at the start, which is for this to be optional. That way they could have made the level synced version challenging, and please both parties. Because it's mandatory they have to find this weird balance, which doesn't suit either party.

Edited by ZavienUK

Not going to be optional. Deal with it max. It's here to stay and it's great for the overall game. And I don't care what a group of people that I can count on my one hand says. It's not going to get more challenging. .

The lack of Bioware response on the issue made that pretty obvious it was here to stay. It doesn't mean Max has to suddenly agree with it or no longer have an opinion on it, and continuing to have a negative opinion on it doesn't mean he's not 'dealing with it', it just means he still doesn't like it. You can accept something is here to stay without liking it.

And if it's not going to get more challenging, what is the point of it? If in real terms your still overpowered then it has achieved nothing.

Hey, I have a wacky idea -- how about they make it optional, so that people who want it to be "hardcore" can be synced way the hell down, and those who don't care of it at all can go back to the way the game has been for 4 years.

This is what I agree with, and for how many more topics there are on this subject it is clear this is something that is split, it makes most sense to make it optional, so those who want it and can take advantage of the feature can do so, and those who wold like the freedom to over level content, and feel powerful as their character had become it is there for them to turn off.

If you agree this should be optional, or feel that it being optional wouldn't bother you than post here saying so:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=843192

I tried to be careful about how I said things; that by what Bioware demonstrated and described, it wasn't going to be a tremendous upscale in difficulty. I honestly didn't expect them to make things easier to the extent they did. A tank-mode companion can solo a mob and take NO damage. Not negligible, none. That's not right (and if you'll recall, I was complaining about that with players earlier). Even as a DPS, they're not taking enough damage. And Heal-mode companions can heal through any single mobs' worth of damage that I've run into outside of a heroic zone, and even then, the only combo I saw that was at all in danger from a mob was mDPS player and mDPS companion.

And this only with comps at Level 10 Influence, and only 3 class stories/15 comp missions completed for Presence. I shudder to think what they could do with a full set of 8 stories/40 comp misisons complete. Or if I used Heroic Moment at the full 40% uptime.

I tried to be careful about how I said things; that by what Bioware demonstrated and described, it wasn't going to be a tremendous upscale in difficulty. I honestly didn't expect them to make things easier to the extent they did. A tank-mode companion can solo a mob and take NO damage. Not negligible, none. That's not right (and if you'll recall, I was complaining about that with players earlier). Even as a DPS, they're not taking enough damage. And Heal-mode companions can heal through any single mobs' worth of damage that I've run into outside of a heroic zone, and even then, the only combo I saw that was at all in danger from a mob was mDPS player and mDPS companion.

And this only with comps at Level 10 Influence, and only 3 class stories/15 comp missions completed for Presence. I shudder to think what they could do with a full set of 8 stories/40 comp misisons complete. Or if I used Heroic Moment at the full 40% uptime.

So in the name of recycling old content and making it "relevant" and "engaging" again... we end up with a situation where absolutely no one got what they wanted (except for the people who wanted to get MORE xp for doing old content... :confused: )

Though, I'm not sure how this "too powerful" bit works... it looks like hit points on Oricon cap out at 34k-35k. Unless a certain set of mobs there have been seriously downtuned... it's going to make doing the weekly at Oricon a real pain solo.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

So in the name of recycling old content and making it "relevant" and "engaging" again... we end up with a situation where absolutely no one got what they wanted (except for the people who wanted to get MORE xp for doing old content... :confused: )

Though, I'm not sure how this "too powerful" bit works... it looks like hit points on Oricon cap out at 34k-35k. Unless a certain set of mobs there have been seriously downtuned... it's going to make doing the weekly at Oricon a real pain solo.

I didn't have an issue on Oricon with my Vig Guardian, at least not while I was running a healer comp and my char in tank mode; save the two time I aggroed one of the mobs and a commander, both times I fought stupid, to boot. Both of those were obvious fails on my part, and have gotten me killed before. I plan on running my Sage Healer through tomorrow as a test; maybe skip Makeb on my trooper and go straight to Oricon.

Besides, I thought you weren't going to go to any planet under level sync?

I've never maintained that level sync was done for the immediate and instant benefit of the players; and I recall disclaiming a couple of times that Bioware would do it right. I didn't expect them to overshoot the mark in this fashion, but I never said they would implement perfectly. Let's see what 4.0a brings?

I knew this was going to happen - it turns into an e, er, ego waving contest. "Oh, it's so easy", "I can't believe how easy it is", "Oh, it's a faceroll", blah blah blah.

People who are munchkins and max out their characters likely will have an easy time of it, while the average player will struggle. The most obvious way of improving your character, levels, has been taken away from the game, and it now relies on pure character optimization, which the average person isn't going to do.

I too don't like this level sync either. It dumbs my stats down to what it thinks it should be and not what I would have made it to be. I don't like not being able to actually mod my companion myself.

My analogy on this is like buying a new car and driving it to a slum area where all the cars there are crap. Some magical power automatically makes my car look like them and takes away the new car power and makes it run like a crap car. To me this is wrong and dumbing my level down is also wrong.

I knew this was going to happen - it turns into an e, er, ego waving contest. "Oh, it's so easy", "I can't believe how easy it is", "Oh, it's a faceroll", blah blah blah.

People who are munchkins and max out their characters likely will have an easy time of it, while the average player will struggle. The most obvious way of improving your character, levels, has been taken away from the game, and it now relies on pure character optimization, which the average person isn't going to do.

I don't consider myself particularly skilled as a player, and I'm damn sure not min-maxed out. I can only go by relative experience before and after; and for me, it is easier; rather more than I was expecting. I thought it would stay around the same, maybe a little harder, and get easier linearly as you outleveled content. That turned out to be somewhat, I dunno, pessimistic an assumption?

All of this crying made me worry about how severe the sync would be but my level 32 commando was scaled down to 30 on Tatooine where most mobs are 25-26. So i'm still 4-5 levels above them. If you can't play the game the way you like being that overleveled you are doing it wrong.

I've a question for those who say 'it's a good idea now sit down, shut up and like it' is it fair to force others who don't want to grind the same old quests again but maybe just want to solo for comms/datacrystals or go and do the datacrons without having to get attacked by all sorts of mods? What if people want to solo these areas and don't want to worry about being squishy again?

And what about in the cases of the Dreadseed Quests where the npcs are all lvl 55 and so on? How is It kosher to encourage a system that forces people who want to solo things to have to group all the time? Especially those who pay for the game?

Now I wouldn't mind so much if this was optional instead. But taking choice away from people in a business setting always ends badly it's why many in the City of Heroes crowd don't like NCSOFT because a decision was taken from them.

Edited by Nika_Alexandrov

Then you are playing on a very weird server because all i've seen in general chat that 4.0 and level sync really sucks

I gotta wonder about that. Unless you really wanted to be flat-out invincible (see my sig), level sync didn't have much effect on anything I've tried yet, and the bump in comp effectiveness more than cancels out any loss in power.

Dislike this change for many reasons. Also in past MMOs where they've implemented some form of level reducing mechanic it had the complete OPPOSITE effect. They thought people would go and play with friends in old zones and increase the population in older areas but when de-leveled these titles found gamers just said screw it and never went back at all.

It's exciting because it's new is all. You're rolling through heroics because your companion is grossly over-tuned and this change was puzzling as to why they added it in.

Please revert or add an option to turn it off.