Continuing pre-KoTFE Romance?

Daylooin

Maybe one day they'll impliment a speaking choice, like..

PC: Jaesa Williams?

Random NPC: Heard of her?

Choices;

- Noman Karr's padawan? (Darkside Jeasa)

- Noman Karr's padawan? (Lightside Jeasa)

They did something similar to that in KotOR II when you got to choose if Revan was male/female Lightside/Darkside when you first met Atton. This would be easy to do and let people choose which one they want.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just my opinion, but I think the whole point of KotFE was to streamline the number of companions in the game. Most of the romanceable ones aren't coming back, IMHO because BW doesn't have the resources to write the story for all of them.

Lol...

I think i have 9 useable comps if not more in kotfe in the crew skills list, and i still have more to recruit... hardcore trolling by the devs giving me -both- ship droids...

I won't give any spoilers, but so far a considerable amount of companions have made a return; as far as I know, none are the romance companions. However, they are fully voice acted and storied.

Lets see if they start adding more to the game, such as Elara, Risha, Mako etc.

Does anyone know if multiple romances are possible or does starting a romance now lock you out of flirting/starting a different romance? My agent and vector have a rather ...uh... open marriage we'll say :p

It's been five years, I miss the guy, and now I'm being force-separated from him. Suddenly I get a warning that continuing to flirt with Theron will start a romance. I don't want to even continue down this path however if it'll lock Vector out....

Khem might not come back as a Companion to ALL characters no, but I'm awful surprised that he wasn't there to help rescue the Inquisitor from their five year nap. I mean, the Jedi Knight got his dinky droid back after all -.-

That was the biggest annoyance (aside from Treek and HK51 being useless now) in my book. WHY is T7 the starting companion for everyone in this expansion? Kid appeal? It would have made more sense if it was the first companion of each Class that was there when you woke up, Corso for Smuggler, Khem for Inquisitor, T7 for Knight, etc, because really out of everyone, aside from you love interest they would be the most invested in rescuing you as they've known you the longest.

I'm very disappointed in Khem now. That oath of his to guard my tomb didn't turn out to be worth as much as it seemed...maybe I should have started KOTFE wearing Tulak Horde's armor?

Because I'm sure Khem Val would have come in handy, what with his expert slicing skills and stellar stealth capabilities...

Yeah, I'd really like to know if I am going to get DS Jaesa and Ensign Temple, for my two main toons, back at some point and if there will be some kind of reunion aspect. You don't have to give me any details, just a nod that I will and that will satisfy me.

I've enjoyed the new expansion so far, but not getting at least my romanced companions back has been a big killer for me. I don't want to romance Lana or Senya, not sure if you can with Senya or not, unless I get some kind of resolution/scene showing that my former romances with the pre-KotFE companions are permanently over.

I won't give any spoilers, but so far a considerable amount of companions have made a return; as far as I know, none are the romance companions. However, they are fully voice acted and storied.

Lets see if they start adding more to the game, such as Elara, Risha, Mako etc.

This is not how it is supposed to work. Why people are accepting it is beyond me,

What happens to my existing Companions in KotFE?

When Fallen Empire launches, all of your existing Companions remain accessible to you outside of the story Chapters. In the KotFE story there is a specific cast of characters that is a part of that ongoing storyline.

-eric

From what I've read, when you start a romance with Lana (Or any other new companion) you get a warning saying "Starting a New Romance With ____"

Not sure if this is true, seeing as I have not yet attempted a romance with any new member of the cast, but if it is, it may be a clue to whither or not old romances will make an appearance or not.

Because I'm sure Khem Val would have come in handy, what with his expert slicing skills and stellar stealth capabilities...

Actually...

I'm assuming he'd laugh (if he knew how) about the fact that you end up JUST like him and Zash...the irony.

Actually...

I'm assuming he'd laugh (if he knew how) about the fact that you end up JUST like him and Zash...the irony.

lol that would be a great scene. Plus, He and Zash are a fun companion; I'm hoping they make a return as well.

From what I've read, when you start a romance with Lana (Or any other new companion) you get a warning saying "Starting a New Romance With ____"

Not sure if this is true, seeing as I have not yet attempted a romance with any new member of the cast, but if it is, it may be a clue to whither or not old romances will make an appearance or not.

This is true. And I believe it may force a break-up with your former relationship/spouse. It is basically a warning that if you continue to flirt, there will be consequences. :eek:

This is true. And I believe it may force a break-up with your former relationship/spouse. It is basically a warning that if you continue to flirt, there will be consequences. :eek:

Essentially. I wonder, however, if there can be a choice later on. For instance, if you choose to flirt with lana and become involved with her, then later on you meet Risha (playing a smuggler) and you are in fact able to get back with her; how will it play out? Will you be unable to continue your relationship with Risha seeing as you started one with Lana? That may be the case, seeing with the warning popping up.

Edited by Daylooin

They darn well better, I had some convo options early on (chapter 2) referring to Jorgan, and she got the letter... but that's it. She hasn't been able to ask about him (even Forex???!), no way would she just give up looking for him. (She hasn't even entertained the idea of looking at anyone else ;)

I'm fine with waiting, I just want to know IF they will be returning.

Haven't seen that yet & ive been smooching with Lana. I will be pretty pissed if it locks me out of a Kira return.

Khem Val can DIAF as far as i am concerned. I do not yet have access to KotFE but i have watched the entirety of chapters 1 to 9 on Youtube. One of the options in a dialogue says ''i would replace some if i could'' that nobody ever chooses.

I am going to choose that hoping i can PERMANENTLY get rid of Khem Val. I already hijinxed his mind into the Rakata mind prison, now all that is left is his body.OFF.MY.SHIP.

I'm with you: my sage will be so very sad, if she won't get her Iresso back!

To be honest: it's a game and so when I started the game years ago, I planned to leave no flirt out. But it turns out, that I'm not able to let my chars pick the [flirt]-option with any other NPC once they have started their "true" romance. Have to start a complete new char for Theron.

So not only my sage, but all the others also desperately need their pre-KoTFE Romances back!

If there is a problem with the voice actor’s contracts, that’s very sad, but they would rather have them back with a strange voice (= other voice actor), than never getting them back.

Haven't seen that yet & ive been smooching with Lana. I will be pretty pissed if it locks me out of a Kira return.

Same. I finished the first 9 chapters on my Inquisitor who is/was in a relationship with Ashara. Got the Chapter 2 letter from Ashara, romanced Lana, but never saw the "continuing will start a romance with..." message.

Almost finished with my Sith Warrior, and received the Chapter 2 letter from a romanced Vette. Flirted with Lana, but haven't kissed her yet and haven't seen any message saying, "continuing will start a romance with..." message.

I'm pretty sure all the companions will come back at some point and it shouldn't lock you out of reuniting with them. What I will be pissed at is if it doesn't let me choose when re-uniting with Vette and Ashara if I want to stay with Lana or go back to Ashara and Vette on my respective characters.

When I spoke to the Ithorian Jedi (Choza Rabbat) on Alderaan for the star fortresses quest on my main (male shadow), I was able to ask a question regarding Nadia, but Choza said he hadn't heard anything, and especially with the Jedi Order going into hiding, contact has been even more difficult (i.e. he has been unsuccessful so far). I dunno if other potential Alliance recruits can be asked similar questions by other characters.

When I spoke to the Ithorian Jedi (Choza Rabbat) on Alderaan for the star fortresses quest on my main (male shadow), I was able to ask a question regarding Nadia, but Choza said he hadn't heard anything, and especially with the Jedi Order going into hiding, contact has been even more difficult (i.e. he has been unsuccessful so far). I dunno if other potential Alliance recruits can be asked similar questions by other characters.

My JK got a dialogue line about Doc, and I'd romanced her with Theron (locked in, heh, whoops). My IA, though, with Dr Lokin, didn't get any line about Vector if I remember correctly. (I didn't plan on locking her in with Theron and did when I wasn't paying attention, so I hope we can choose later on down the line. I can't see why they wouldn't have that happen, and deal with the consequences of what character would stay versus which ones wouldn't. After all it's been five years!)

Its been five years... your Pre-KOTFE believes you died on Marr's ship and found herself/himself a new lover at Slippery Slope cantina. Your first companion is probably married with children living in Coreillia.

MOVE ON and enjoy this awesome new companions. :rak_01:

( By everyone having the same main companions, it makes it easier for them to come up with more companion dialogue as time goes on. Im happy about it.)

I've got a feeling that we'll meet up with our "significant others" at some point during KotFE. So my JK didn't take the option to start a relationship with Lana, because I know I'll eventually be reunited with Kira again. My inquisitor did get with Lana even tho I'm sure Asharra will turn up again. And according to the letter my smuggler got from Risha.....

she thinks I'm dead and Corso has finally convinced her to get on with her life

So I'm torn as to how I'm gonna handle this one.

I do believe the old love interests will be returning at some point. And I've got a strong feeling that if we decide to pursue a romance with Lana/Therron/Koth or

Valkorrian baby mama

it'll keep the old love interest from joining our team.

i dont think they will and i think the reason is some of the voice actors for companions like.... Mako and Jaesa are voice actresses whos primary profession is ACTING not voicve acting i.e lacy chabert and rachael lee cook for mako and jaesa ... either they are to busy ow with acting roles or they are to expensive... to get back to do more voice acting.. cause they are after all semi famous... so imo this is biowares fault for getting them in the first place.

I can see how you might think that, but I don't think that's the determining factor. They obviously got Lacey back to voice the Bounty Hunter's intro to KOTFE in chapter one since you speak with Mako at the very beginning. It's entirely possible they had her record additional dialogue for her to appear again in future chapters of KOTFE. Jaesa on the other hand introduces more complications because of the whole light-side/dark-side choice. It's also notable that Mako had voiced interactions in the opening cinematic for Shadow of Revan, but Jaesa didn't. It may just be that Jaesa is one of the companions who won't be returning, but that doesn't tell us much about some of the others.

Hope so. My trooper Impatiently waiting for her Jorgan)

Means my JK will be waiting for Doc for 2 yrs but she has the patience of a saint. All my other girls dated Theron. I just have a thing for Doc, the rest...yikes...well except Quinn.

Edited by AlaricSevGirl