Snipers.... Discuss..... Cuz those 28k ambushes really getting annoying.

sartt

That's in large part due to your companion. In instanced PvP, you don't have a companion and when an operative decides to sit on your bum, you will bleed. Note that I am mentioning operative because they seem to be the best class against snipers, not because they are too good.

Stealth is and always should be the #1 thing we're nervous about IMO. Any class that naturally sits still occasionally and is usually farther behind allies than everybody else, should be. Any time I've played stealth we were the obvious target. Stealth detect should ramp up a little faster than it does IMO. It's never worth much unless you're guarding, which IMO isn't something slingers are great at solo but maybe I just suck at it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol yes whine about snipers... 2% in top solo ranked 200, 10 month minimum to be useless.

always the same debate about ambush, a 1.5/2sec cast spell lol don't worry in that time PT's for example can do better.

Here's a guy casually ignoring the 44k hit screenshot above. LMAO

I was doing some lowbies on my GS - of course my dps is gonna be high when the sages/sorcs stand there and try and freecast vs me. Ambush is probably the easiest ability in the game to avoid but most people in lowbies don't have their defence cooldowns.

If you're stupid enough to stand in the open and try and face tank a sniper/GS you deserve everything you get.

I was doing some lowbies on my GS - of course my dps is gonna be high when the sages/sorcs stand there and try and freecast vs me. Ambush is probably the easiest ability in the game to avoid but most people in lowbies don't have their defence cooldowns.

If you're stupid enough to stand in the open and try and face tank a sniper/GS you deserve everything you get.

You are truly ignorant, you can los the sage just like the sage can los you. This mechanic is balanced. Its not like they can cast on you while los'd lol. Whats not balanced is 25k ambush against a 9k thundering blast. I cant help but lol at these snipers trying to defend this crap.

You are truly ignorant, you can los the sage just like the sage can los you. This mechanic is balanced. Its not like they can cast on you while los'd lol. Whats not balanced is 25k ambush against a 9k thundering blast. I cant help but lol at these snipers trying to defend this crap.

I cant help but lol at these ppl trying to prove snipers are OP...

Seriously if the devs took the sniper burst away and give them the same-ish burst as others, *** DO THE SNIPERS HAVE? They have high burst now, yes, but that's also the only thing they have besides Entrench. Oh I forgot, let's nerf that, too, so snipers will be the sitting ducks without any serious defensive CD or dmg threat, constantly hardcasting, waiting to be slaughtered. I know using your brains would require some energy, but pls do it anyway: every class needs an area where it's better than others, otherwise what's the use of it...

And I'm not a sniper/GS, rather hate them...

Edited by jauvtus

I think Hottie already stated this, but...

14/41= 35% of your health, that was pre 4.0

25/71= 39.4% of your health, that is now (Is 71K health baseline, I don't remember)

So the easist ability to LOS in this game got a relative 4% damage increase. Awesome.

And does thundering blast really only do 9K right now? with autocrits and recklessness?

Also don't forget MM snipers lose an LOS war against sages since snipers can't heal

25/71= 39.4% of your health, that is now (Is 71K health baseline, I don't remember)

So the easist ability to LOS in this game got a relative 4% damage increase. Awesome.

And does thundering blast really only do 9K right now? with autocrits and recklessness?

Also don't forget MM snipers lose an LOS war against sages since snipers can't heal

Recklessness does jack for thundering blast, the 60% crit it add does not translate to surge as described would happen to autocrit abilities in the patch notes.

Your health pool math is correct and fine if it was equal across all dps specs, but it is not. It is especially not equal for mara/jug/OP/sorc. These specs have all had their balls removed. 30k ambush and 15k follow through in 2 gcd will have that sorc los'd, tring to heal that 75% health you just hit him for. For the next 10 gcds of his los he will spend it wasting half his resource pool on self heals while his dots tick on you for 2-600. That is fair right? You sound like the old "LOS and Heal to full!" bw excuse...

Dont get me wrong, I am not pushing nerfing snipers, i think burst is fun. I want them to bring the other burst classes up to par (yea right lol).

Edited by Lafay

Madness dots and hides....

Lightning - LOS and Force Storm :) Phase walk the ambush, Force Speed and insta cast...ambush puts a big symbol on your character that is impossible to miss. Sniper cannot heal or 'bubble' and so you can wear them down. Sit at 35m and walk backwards 1m towards the end of the cast :)

Madness dots and hides....

Lightning - LOS and Force Storm :) Phase walk the ambush, Force Speed and insta cast...ambush puts a big symbol on your character that is impossible to miss. Sniper cannot heal or 'bubble' and so you can wear them down. Sit at 35m and walk backwards 1m towards the end of the cast :)

So you're saying... S key to victory?

Yes sniper are doing more damage now: http://i.imgur.com/4I678bV.jpg

Yes that is lowbies, yes that sniper is +35 and yes many people have terrible expertise. But almost 2.3K DPS in lowbies is retarded no matter how you put it. I see this in many matches now. It's worse than madness sorc.

Your stats are boosted to 65 levels and you think 2.3k is high? Do you even realize that a level increase comes with a natural stat increase or what?

Yeah except it was more like 16k in 3.0 and 18k on squishes? It's only 25k if you have everything lined up too, most of the time they are 21-22k.

Heh, midbies are crazy right now as the burst is ridiculously high whilst defenses and HP pools aren't maxed out.

65s... Survivability down somewhat. I know the burst numbers are roughly the same as a proportion of HP pool, but I'm still dying FAR quicker to a single sniper's burst rotation now. If I had to guess I'd say that merc heals and passive damage absorb shields didn't scale as much as burst damage did. Could also be related to the new mechanic for autocrits and crit rating. Needs some testing.

Snipers certainly aren't alone in this. PT's burst is crazy powerful now. In contrast, my arsenal merc's burst rotation (in full tier 2 PvP gear) seems to have a longer time-to-kill.

Edited by Jherad

Personally I have never hit a 30k ambush followed by a 15k followthrough. I don't even hit 15k followthrough with the 20% buff.

Now clearly there are a lot of undergeared people queueing right now, but when I turn my sights on someone who ACTUALLY has the new pvp gear, my damage is nowhere near what you people are complaining about.

That being said, even if snipers become a little heavy on the dps compared to everyone else, what's wrong with that? Why can't we have our time in the spotlight?

Edited by Korgothias

Your stats are boosted to 65 levels and you think 2.3k is high? Do you even realize that a level increase comes with a natural stat increase or what?

No need to be aggressive or belittle me.

I am just saying that they currently stand out, and that they remind me of madness damage. Yes I agree that stats are now different than previously, but regardless they seems to be boosted compared to other classes. But perhaps I was too quick in my judgement, and this change is actually for the better. Guess we will find out.

Heh, midbies are crazy right now as the burst is ridiculously high whilst defenses and HP pools aren't maxed out.

65s... Survivability down somewhat. I know the burst numbers are roughly the same as a proportion of HP pool, but I'm still dying FAR quicker to a single sniper's burst rotation now. If I had to guess I'd say that merc heals and passive damage absorb shields didn't scale as much as burst damage did. Could also be related to the new mechanic for autocrits and crit rating. Needs some testing.

Snipers certainly aren't alone in this. PT's burst is crazy powerful now. In contrast, my arsenal merc's burst rotation (in full tier 2 PvP gear) seems to have a longer time-to-kill.

Really? i have herd that merc/mando have great burst, but i think most of them suck, i trust your assumptions though. I am excited to level my PT now though... I am pretty sure my free 60 will be a sniper lol.

Isnt that the point tho? They said they were increasing the HP pools bc it wasnt scaled properly with damage output. In other words time to kill was too short based upon what they think it should be. So if its basically the same now, then we are right back where we started pre 4.0 right? Although now it feels like these kinds of crits are happening more often then before so the time to kill feels shorter probably.

They said that with each of the two previous level increases as well and both times TTK went down slightly. Just par for the course with a new SWTOR expansion I think.

Really? i have herd that merc/mando have great burst, but i think most of them suck, i trust your assumptions though. I am excited to level my PT now though... I am pretty sure my free 60 will be a sniper lol.

It's early days yet. My overall DPS as merc has increased, along with everyone else's. I did just shy of 3k dps in my first WZ, in stock tier 2, and wouldn't be surprised to hit >4k in a healer heavy farmfest. But as for burst, I haven't (yet) seen a HS that broke 20k And I've been hit by a whole bunch of >25k hits. So we'll see.

EDIT: I did actually see a 27k HS last night! But it was against someone with about 1k expertise lol. Bolster still horrible.

Edited by Jherad

..... Gg bioware.... You've made the god class.

Yea, they did.

Its called sorcerer.

God forbid slingers/snipers are more valid vs soft targets! Gear up properly and hide behind LOS blockers, its not like you have 40k hp any longer anyway.

At least its actually possible to kill someone now with healers around.

Edited by Lerdoc