Do us all a favour

KurLieEBoII

I'm sorry everyone wants to go around, fire a blaster shot, and keep walking, rather than honestly spend an extra 5 seconds in actual combat.

If the combat was compelling, sure. It's not.

Even fighting Arcann in one of the story chapters it's tedious due to the developers not understanding that constant stuns =/= good combat. They did the same with SoR and the Revan fight, constant stuns =/= good combat. They didn't listen to the feedback they were getting. Same with some of the mobs, constant stuns? Yeah you get the idea. It's not good combat. The combat is far from compelling to have forced level sync in SWTOR, it just makes it even more tedious than it was.

Further hint: tedious =/= fun.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it work both ways?

BIOWARE, YOUR GONNA LOOSE A LOAD OF SUBS!

;)

I personally do not care about dailys etc. but going to help someone OR doing a story mission for a comp and have it on a lower area and having to grind passed a load of lower level crap just to get there? Hell no! Stick your mission!

Bypassing low level crap, that's what it's all about for me! /honest :)

Honestly at 65 I have done some of the quests you get that send you to lower levels and the mobs die just as fast as they did before. You lose nothing but health all your talents are there.

i do not see how this is going to effect any of you if you use it ... but because i want it i am just a mardy arse. I want it to continue to enjoy the game.. i do not want to sit there having fight is lvl 25 mobs for 10 seconds when i can have them killed in 1 and carry on walking... this in no way will ever effect you, that i want to walk up to mobs and cut them down with 1 hit.

Sorry. You are going to have to live with the level sync. Plenty of other MMOs have had it for years. I'm surprised SWTOR is just adopting this strategy. It's the way of many an MMO and it is not going away nor will there be an option to turn it off.

i do not see how this is going to effect any of you if you use it ... but because i want it i am just a mardy arse. I want it to continue to enjoy the game.. i do not want to sit there having fight is lvl 25 mobs for 10 seconds when i can have them killed in 1 and carry on walking... this in no way will ever effect you, that i want to walk up to mobs and cut them down with 1 hit.

Maybe BW is trying to suggest to people to slow down some. People are in such a rush these days its insane. I personally don't think it's all that bad. Things die just as fast.

But everybody has a right to their feelings.

Why is his opinion more valid than mine?

Or the developers?

he wants an option. how does this affect you?

and he's paying the developer's salary so if they want to consider his input, i would leave that decision with them.

i do not see how this is going to effect any of you if you use it ...

And that's why you're not a game designer.

If you can't see the effects, then you should stay far, far away from game or any sort of software design.

but because i want it i am just a mardy arse.

Well, I'd say the obnoxious way you're asking is half the problem.

I want it to continue to enjoy the game.. i do not want to sit there having fight is lvl 25 mobs for 10 seconds when i can have them killed in 1 and carry on walking...

So... you want to play the game... but not actually play the game. The synced version is too... what? Mentally taxing? Does it upset you to actually have to play the game instead of having the game just play itself? Or are you emotionally troubled by the fact that you don't get to act like a god on the lower planets. Do smaller numbers make you sad? What is it? If you're not here to play a game, what are you here for?

this in no way will ever effect you, that i want to walk up to mobs and cut them down with 1 hit.

That doesn't, no. But you rolling up and soloing a world boss might. Especially when there is a train of 65's soloing world bosses and lowbies never get a chance. Or 65's doing PvP on Tattooine and leaving the 25s --who might even want to join in-- on the sidelines, or dead. Or perhaps I'd just rather that you be forced to do a fraction of the work I have to do when you run around harvesting materials or farming achievements.

Those things do affect me.

If the combat was compelling, sure. It's not.

Even fighting Arcann in one of the story chapters it's tedious due to the developers not understanding that constant stuns =/= good combat. They did the same with SoR and the Revan fight, constant stuns =/= good combat. They didn't listen to the feedback they were getting. Same with some of the mobs, constant stuns? Yeah you get the idea. It's not good combat. The combat is far from compelling to have forced level sync in SWTOR, it just makes it even more tedious than it was.

Further hint: tedious =/= fun.

Well said thank you. That is the worst about it you are annoyed by every little push and pull now in content you have repeated 1000 times over. Stun here stun there and I don't know if they have been stealth patching stuff but it has been getting worse and it is aweful tbh, there is nothing fun about it. More so in the fights with Revan or so because you have nothing to counter it, not enough anyways he does one after the other as do many lower lvl mobs such as those in the heroic mission in The Black Hole.

I can't force myself to log on for more than 30 minutes before being completely annoyed at it. Yes Iam addicted to the game but trust me there are limits lol this will break my addiction as it will for others as well. Not a very smart move in my opinion. I have played a total of two hours tops since the update where as I would have played at least 8 or 9 by now otherwise so it is clearly taking all interest out of it for me at least.

if 1 section or people want it and 1 section does not... you own common sense if its not stupid... says put in an option to people that want it. Can and people that do not, do not have to ... its common sense im not asking for a billion things just a common sense thing.....

It can't be optional unless they put some other tech in that prevents high levels from soloing world bosses or running Heroics/FPs, because all content ties in to max level now.

If you have even the slightest amount of this common sense you keep referring to you'd understand this. Though I suspect you do understand the implications of making it optional, and just want to be able to face roll things and screw everyone else, because you obviously care about nothing and no-one but yourself.

All emotion aside, yesterday I ran the Oricon dailies and [Heroic 2+] as a level 60 sorc, in 190 PVE gear, with a pantsless Xalek in tank mode (some weird bug that made all companions pantsless haha). No problem. Yeah, it was a little bit tougher than it used to be, but no big deal.

Just in case once isn't enough, I then did the same thing with my 60 marauder - solo'd everything, including heroic - no problem. Same 190 PVE gear, but I used treek as a healer this time. Yes, harder than before, but still quite easy. I never died.

Oricon scaled me down to 56.

Anyway, just try it. I don't love the change, but it's really no big deal.

So much this

No, he wants to play the game on his earned level and not at lower levels from which he gains nothing important to his level. It's not rocket science.

But in KOTFE low level content gives rewards that are useful at high level, that is why level sync exists. It's not rocket science, but anti-syncers seem to be as confused about it as if it was.

Edited by MaximusRex

I guess I should put this in my sig:

Level Sync cannot be made optional without at least doubling the QA and development workload; since every test case and design choice needs to be tested twice, once under sync, and once without.

hi

level scaling would only need to be testing if it was active on each planet or not AND can be toggled.

player interaction with the environment wouldnt be a necessary test case; only that if the effect is active is.

this feature alone created test cases, why even have it in the first place.

Edited by Pagy

No, he wants to play the game on his earned level and not at lower levels from which he gains nothing important to his level. It's not rocket science.

He gets to play with his earned abilities and companions, and he gets rewarded for his actions in a manner that matches that level... but to get those rewards he has to subject himself to some risk. If he can't handle that risk, then he can simply avoid the area.

He gets to play with his earned abilities and companions, and he gets rewarded for his actions in a manner that matches that level... but to get those rewards he has to subject himself to some risk. If he can't handle that risk, then he can simply avoid the area.
why are you trying to tell a player what he/she should find fun?

this game and almost every other rpg works this way; wanting things the way they were is valid for any reason they offer.

maybe to you, it isnt a big deal. let them decide for themselves if its a big deal to them or not.

so you go into walmart and tell them because I'm paying you money you need to listen to what I say and get the items I want you to sell?

Yeah I don't think so.

In fairness, if enough Walmart customers did that, they would likely start selling what the customer wants.

hi

level scaling would only need to be testing if it was active on each planet or not AND can be toggled.

player interaction with the environment wouldnt be a necessary test case; only that if the effect is active is.

this feature alone created test cases, why even have it in the first place.

Have you done any kind of testing? If there's a flag, you have to repeat all tests, once with the flag on, and once with the flag off. Even if the expected result is "no effect." This is why game testing sucks as a job. You don't play games, you follow a checklist of tests

Allow us to turn sync level on and off, because i really cant stand it and i'm level 65 and i want to stay that i don't want be level 18, 40 or 35 i want to be Level 65. Make it an option for us, so when we help people we can put it on and help but when we wanna go to DK we can still be level 65 and not down-leveled to 18. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is the most entitled 5 year old rant I've seen yet. It won't be optional get over it.

You think 3 shotting is somehow more exciting than 1 shotting something? Sorry but I do not. Easy mode is still easy mode it just takes a few second longer. They added tediousness and nothing more. Thats a change not worth having as a forced feature.

Down leveling is a worthless change that really did warrant it being forced on everyone for no more than it does.

As a forced feature all the time, it's an overall waste of development time.

As an optional feature when you want it, it's not so bad to have the option to turn it on.

QFT

As an optional system for playing with friends of different levels and / or not out-leveling story content, its a great feature.

At level cap as a forced system, it doesn't actually do anything but add time to time sink activities as it is still stupid easy to pull half a heroic instance and just aoe everything down, it just takes longer.

I will put it as simple as i can for you... if you do not get the Simply ENGLISH.

When i go to Oric i want to be levels 65. When i go DK i want to be level 65. When i go to Nar-Sharr i want to be level 65. When i go to Makeb i want to be level 65. Why because i am a levels 65. I am not a level 18 not a level 20 not a level 55 i am level 65 i should be allowed to use the level 65 anyway i see fit. i should not have a limitation on my level because well POINTLESS GRIND. That could take me 15 minutes to do a weekly now takes me 30 minutes because POINTLESS GRIND.

Edited by KurLieEBoII