4.0 Assassin feedback

Jinre_the_Jedi

Once again, I stated the conditions of target that I was hitting and the circumstances that were present. Does it matter if armor effects the damage if I still was unable to achieve a 16k discharge in a double relic proc window with gear fully optimized for maximum burst?

Like I've said before, I would love to be wrong so please show me a screenshot of yourself hitting a 16k discharge in PvP gear on another PvP geared player as well as the set up required to hit such numbers so that I can better inform others on how to collectively achieve the same results.

I wasn't disapproving with your posts, they are quite informative for me as well since I main deception. Just wanted to point that out since you added the "light armor" side note exactly in the paragraph you wanted to make a point that didn't have anything to do with armor dmg reduction.

Edited by DarenLoot

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't inquisitors get extra baseline I/E DR?

I can shoot you a PM when I'm off work with PvP start budgets. Also I'm guessing that MH/OH/Bonus damage are bolstered up to ilvl 224, but I can't confirm that atm.

I think it's defense rating is increased, not the I/E dmg reduction.

Edited by DarenLoot

Where do we get a 100% crit boost on anything?

I havnt even seen the new setbonusses yet. Please do tell

Same set bonus as 3.0. Auto crit once per minute on Maul or Assassinate after using Thrash or Voltaic slash. With 4.0, this set bonus now converts all of your crit rating into bonus surge. So during these once a minute procs, all of your crit rating becomes surge for your maul or assassinate, causing them to hit with inflated numbers.

That's the ONLY way to achieve 20k maul. Outside of the set bonus, you will never get a 20k maul, even during a double relic proc on a sundered target.

Same set bonus as 3.0. Auto crit once per minute on Maul or Assassinate after using Thrash or Voltaic slash. With 4.0, this set bonus now converts all of your crit rating into bonus surge. So during these once a minute procs, all of your crit rating becomes surge for your maul or assassinate, causing them to hit with inflated numbers.

That's the ONLY way to achieve 20k maul. Outside of the set bonus, you will never get a 20k maul, even during a double relic proc on a sundered target.

I knew all of this. I just didn't know if setbonusses changed at all. If they didnt.. well thats kind of sad.

I knew all of this. I just didn't know if setbonusses changed at all. If they didnt.. well thats kind of sad.

Same set bonus. What's pathetic is the new sorc set bonus.

It gives another recklessness charge for the 6 piece. Something Deception should have base in it's tree yet for whatever reason, it goes to sorcs...

Same set bonus. What's pathetic is the new sorc set bonus.

It gives another recklessness charge for the 6 piece. Something Deception should have base in it's tree yet for whatever reason, it goes to sorcs...

It's pathetic, but not in the way you seem to think.

They don't get a move at +100% crit chance every 60 seconds, they get one at +60% crit chance every 90 seconds. With 100% Force damage in both Sorc specs, you won't get another crit from your big hitters (Thundering Blast, Chain Lightning, Death Field), you'll get it on a much smaller hit. Considering most other specs get their hardest hitting move at +100% crit chance (and many of them have surge boosts!), AND they get their set bonus trigger 1.5 times for each time a Sorc gets theirs, it makes the Sorc bonus look pathetic. Just because you think that Deception should have 3 stacks of Recklessness baseline (which I'm not disagreeing with) it doesn't mean the Sorc bonus is even decent.

It's pathetic, but not in the way you seem to think.

They don't get a move at +100% crit chance every 60 seconds, they get one at +60% crit chance every 90 seconds. With 100% Force damage in both Sorc specs, you won't get another crit from your big hitters (Thundering Blast, Chain Lightning, Death Field), you'll get it on a much smaller hit. Considering most other specs get their hardest hitting move at +100% crit chance (and many of them have surge boosts!), AND they get their set bonus trigger 1.5 times for each time a Sorc gets theirs, it makes the Sorc bonus look pathetic. Just because you think that Deception should have 3 stacks of Recklessness baseline (which I'm not disagreeing with) it doesn't mean the Sorc bonus is even decent.

I meant it's pathetic that something that Deception should get baseline is instead given to another class. As far as whether or not it's good or bad on a sorc is a different story, I would much prefer our 6 piece to give an extra recklessness charge as opposed to an auto crit once a minute.

Edited by Jinre_the_Jedi

I meant it's pathetic that something that Deception should get baseline is instead given to another class. As far as whether or not it's good or bad on a sorc is a different story, I would much prefer our 6 piece to give an extra recklessness charge as opposed to an auto crit once a minute.

That's a huge damage loss. It's staggering how much less damage that is than Maul and Assassinate being an auto-crit. Except for a tank in DPS gear, it's a massive damage loss.

That's a huge damage loss. It's staggering how much less damage that is than Maul and Assassinate being an auto-crit. Except for a tank in DPS gear, it's a massive damage loss.

Perhaps today just isn't my day for wording things and forum go-ing. I just find it silly that instead of going Deception an extra Recklessness charge passively, they tied it to our utility system. Then, gave it to Sorcs more or less passively through gear.

I could see how it would be a damage loss as a 6pc set bonus, but would prefer for it to be baseline to Deception, is what I meant.

Also, all of my replies have been from my phone and I felt it was necessary to share how AIDS this is. We really need a mobile version of swtor.com

Eeew. Phone posting. Just pray you never accidentally hit the back button, because it doesn't save anything you type. Ever.

So whens the 4.0 update to your guide comin Kre'a? I'm interested to see your opinion on the utilities, especially with force speeds CD lengthened and the immunity to stuns during deflection cut in half. Edited by Mumbai_

So whens the 4.0 update to your guide comin Kre'a? I'm interested to see your opinion on the utilities, especially with force speeds CD lengthened and the immunity to stuns during deflection cut in half.

I still feel like the stun immunity is a must have, even if its way shorter.. it was ridiculous, it's still extremely good.

As of everything else.. I generally tend to stick to my guns as to what we had. The only thing is that i skip the root on knockback for the passive slow on your specs force dump. Others have went with the option to get speed on ball.. I don't like that because it's so inconsistent and uncontrollable (on a rotational ability). Passive slow aint bad ;)

I still feel like the stun immunity is a must have, even if its way shorter.. it was ridiculous, it's still extremely good.

As of everything else.. I generally tend to stick to my guns as to what we had. The only thing is that i skip the root on knockback for the passive slow on your specs force dump. Others have went with the option to get speed on ball.. I don't like that because it's so inconsistent and uncontrollable (on a rotational ability). Passive slow aint bad ;)

Went with speed boost. With +75% from teleport looks great.

So whens the 4.0 update to your guide comin Kre'a? I'm interested to see your opinion on the utilities, especially with force speeds CD lengthened and the immunity to stuns during deflection cut in half.

Hey there, sorry, I've been busy this weekend :( I'll be home in about 12 hours though, at that point I can answer questions more reliably because mobile phone posting is aids. Guide will be up this week more than likely.

Utilities for Hatred are more of the same, they aim to augment your survivability.

Utilities for Deception, I actually list 3 sets in my 4.0 guide. After testing all of the combinations, there are pretty interesting ways that the utilities work in cohesion, so is listed 3 viable load outs that aim to accomplish different goals that will shift based on queue composition and whether you are doing Solos, Group, or regs.

As far as Deflection immunity goes, to me it's not worth it. I would rather take Instalift or Root break on Phantom Stride, though Instalift will give you more bang for you buck in stressful group ranked play where it isn't viable to have DoTs on the enemy healer either due to situational gameplay or tactics employed by the enemy team.

In solo ranked, it's less useful because you will more than likely have some idiot who will break the mez, so I tend to use it on targets that are isolated from their team enough that I wouldn't get optimal DoT spread on them and so that my team doesn't accidentally break it.

In solo ranked healer matches, it's acually a lot more valuable since most healers aren't brain dead and won't stand in terrible positions to get dots on them rotationally, at least not on the Harbinger with Kickbot or Vara or the like. With these players, it's best to use Instalift to act as a 2nd interrupt or as a full duration mez because they have a habit of using barrier to break CC to heal a teammate. More often than not, the play pays off, so this gives you something to combat that.

Lastly, it gives a 2 second stun. This is the LAST reason that it should be applied, never use it solely for the stun because it's very expensive for a 2 second stun in terms of resolve given.