Early access. kind of misleading , read more

Foreignobjects

i basically sub every month. i took a month and a half break. this summer. BIoware or E/A w/e who ever is incharge of the Subscribtion gifts and Early access stuff. like when they gave that purple / black crystal months back, my sub ran out the day before and i resubbed the next day , i use game cards and sometimes my cc. but when i resubbed to come back this time. i subbed. August 15th. with a 60 day game card, and i put another one in so i wouldnt have a day that wasnt covered. anyway.

i think its misleading cause couple weeks ago when they updated the launcher or w/e. and the website , that said what Early sub gifts and early access dates. they re did the first gift. from july 31 . to aug 10th. and it didnt say in big print that you had to be subbed on those days to get early access. you had Four panels of the rewards. and thelast one was Early access , it makes it seem like we could get EA if you subbed before oct 19th.

it had. from the left. , windows. the first one was the companion. the second one was the pistols. third was the duster , and 4th was speeder. and the last one said Early access. before oct 19th. sooooo many people subbed this month cause they thought they were getting Eearly access. which is kinda shatty , bioware Ripped a bunch of people off that wanted to play the Expansion early . cause it was only in fine print if u read, it wasnt advertised that YOU HAVE TO have SUBSCRIBED FOR $ MONTHS< STRAIGHT TO GET EARLY ACCESS it did not say this. and thats crappy. but w/e, they do what they do to squeeze a buck.

i was a early beta , invited player. and i bought the CE, 2wice on accident. "not important:", but i always talk this game up to people that says it sucks. im always supporting it. and they screwed a bunch of people that thought they were getting Early access. i mean yea no i understand , but they didnt make it too clear. before the fact, and it sucks , im seriously thinking of not playing anymore i know you guys , and ill be told. "LEAVE " "GOODBYE" "WHO CARES YOUR LEAVING", am i the only one that feels like they false ly promoted Early access? or did anyone else think they were getting early access , that didnt get it? sorry all the typos im at work and typing fast.

Edited by Foreignobjects

I thought I was subbed the whole time then realized it wasn't recurring. I only got Niko , and the swoop bike.

What is kind of dumb is that everyone is playing anyways. I can log on with everyone else I just don't have early access? I am subbed and contributing to the server load during launch so why not open it up. It's not like a preorder for an MMO expansion that gets you early access. I did sort of buy the xpac by subbing so why not let us play the xpac?

Edited by spacerobot

well i didnt get any thing in my mail box. but when i logged in it said WELCOME TO STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE FALLEN EMPIRE, . all this crap. and to Bag above you , sorry i have a life. and it did seem like if you subbed before the 19th. you would have early access. thats what most other mmos do. you dont have to be subbed for that much time . i understand , since were not paying for it. a little. its the first "FREE" DLC. but DCUO gives anyone early access for their DLCS if u sub anytime... even the day Early access starts you can sub and get the new content. , i do read man. it just felt shady. but w/e. be a D$#K

Quote LEARN2READ

yea... thats a awesome reply .......

I thought I was subbed the whole time then realized it wasn't recurring. I only got Niko , and the swoop bike.

What is kind of dumb is that everyone is playing anyways. I can log on with everyone else I just don't have early access? I am subbed and contributing to the server load during launch so why not open it up. It's not like a preorder for an MMO expansion that gets you early access. I did sort of buy the xpac by subbing so why not let us play the xpac?

Exactly your one of the people im talking about.. you thought you were getting Early access. and they screwed us

Non-sense.

They publicly and clearly told everyone that early access required you to be subscribed at specific dates. BioWare can't do more than that. They can't read it out loud to you and everyone like you. You need to pay attention next time.

People who didn't pre-order Shadow of Revan had the exact same complaint when they didn't get early access either.

I do have to admit it's kind of funny how pointless early access is though, because we aren't dealing with an MMO launch like we did back in original 2011 early access.

Now everyone is causing the same load on the servers. Early access or not, you can actually go to your ship and travel to Zakuul/Odessen and look at all the locked areas, phases and quests. All of which could be made available to you at any time at the flip of a switch. But they aren't. Why? So that only a very specific group of recurring subs can feel special? Do said subs even care? I doubt they do. They wouldn't give a damn if everyone else was able to play the game on the 20th. They'd just continue playing. So what was the actual goal with early access here? Why not just release on the 20th if everything is ready?

I resubbed on the 12th instead of the 10th (of August), so I get to wait an additional 7 days to play an expansion that's "free for subs". Why not make it so that the later you subbed, the less days of early access you get? Doesn't that at least make a bit more sense? So if I came in a tad bit late i'd still get, let's say, 5 or 4 days of early access, as opposed to the full 7.

I don't mind the wait (I actually do). I just mind being left out because my guild is already going at the expansion in full force. It sucks.

Edited by GhostDrone

Exactly your one of the people im talking about.. you thought you were getting Early access. and they screwed us

No I knew I wasn't getting it. I understood the criteria. I just didn't realize my sub wasn't recurring.

Edited by spacerobot

I did get into EA but I actually agree it could have been Clearer. The dates for the 4 rewards had specific dates on them but EA had a range and it is very possible to interpret that as subscribe anytime during that time and you get it and not that you had to be there the whole time. The information it had to be the whole time was in the "fine print".

I actually was wondering if I was going to get into it or not because I had a game card on my account that ended and then I did a recurring sub then and so was wondering if I was going to get in or not.

What BW should have done is had a page on the account page where you could look and see what rewards you qualified for or not and progress toward EA. Then people would have known where they stood.

Op i do sympathize with you and hope you will stay as it is a really fun expansion and even if you have to wait it worth it. Early access has always been from the start date to the end date BW sets. One day after the date and boom no early access. Sub drops one month same thing. That being said i would hope you try it on the 27 as like i said the story is fun. Alls i can say is it feels like kotor 3 story wise with out any spoilers well worth that. Edited by Neoforcer

I do have to admit it's kind of funny how pointless early access is though, because we aren't dealing with an MMO launch like we did back in original 2011 early access.

Now everyone is causing the same load on the servers. Early access or not, you can actually go to your ship and travel to Zakuul/Odessen and look at all the locked areas, phases and quests. All of which could be made available to you at any time at the flip of a switch. But they aren't. Why? So that only a very specific group of recurring subs can feel special? Do said subs even care? I doubt they do. They wouldn't give a damn if everyone else was able to play the game on the 20th. They'd just continue playing. So what was the actual goal with early access here? Why not just release on the 20th if everything is ready?

I resubbed on the 12th instead of the 10th (of August), so I get to wait an additional 7 days to play an expansion that's "free for subs". Why not make it so that the later you subbed, the less days of early access you get? Doesn't that at least make a bit more sense? So if I came in a tad bit late i'd still get, let's say, 5 or 4 days of early access, as opposed to the full 7.

I don't mind the wait (I actually do). I just mind being left out because my guild is already going at the expansion in full force. It sucks.

Well, the new planet (no dailies there like in Yavin) can get extremely laggy during busy times, so this early-access might enable them to spread the load a bit?

Also, OP, please stop with the annoying colour, it doesn't get you more credit (the opposite I'd say).

I don't get all of the crying that is done by current gamers, I have just came back and was able to even find the criteria quite easily besides its only 7 days and no i did not get early access i missed it by a few days....atleast they are not charging 60.00 for the expansion on top of a sub like some other games which even with them the week of release was complete utter ****.