The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Accidentally Refused Xalek

sadfad

Escape button is your friend

not in thise case

There is no wrong option, if there was an option to reject him, it would say, like it does on the other companions. This is 100% a bug......now we wait for 2 months for them to fix it............

not in thise case

There is no wrong option, if there was an option to reject him, it would say, like it does on the other companions. This is 100% a bug......now we wait for 2 months for them to fix it............

SoR intros -- 10 months to fix.

Who's taking the over, and who's taking the under, on 10 months to fix this one?

And people wonder why they removed the ability to kill your followers...People never read. They just spacebar and then complain.

Its not a question of reading. I could spend minutes trying to decipher what the character is going to say next and still get it wrong, because the writer seems to try to outsmart players for some reason. The issue is more pronounced when the dialog has a big effect like in kotfe cutscenes. They should add little parentheses like "insulting", "supportive", "secretive", "agree" to the dialog options, or simply go back to the old working mechanic where the dialog option simply has exactly the first few words of the sentence character is going to say.

I know of the esc option, but its rather immersion breaking to have to do it multiple times, especially in really LONG cutscenes like Kotfe has. Considering I am roleplaying a character I think I should be aware of what my character is going to say beforehand.

Edited by Karkais

I have not done this myself, but if what you are describing is correct you have a legitimate complaint. Based on the dialog options you describe, I too would have thought I was respectfully asking him to join me as a companion. That's very misleading.

There was a clear choice at that conversation where u can refuse him as a companion.The fact is i choose that one too but the funny is when finished the quest Sana -rae(i think thats her name) mentioned that Xalek has arrived so can it be a bug?

A word.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! We are looking into remaining companion issues following 4.0a now (I'm looking at you, too, Xalek).

Two questions for from the team: Have you started Chapter 1 of KOTFE yet? Which Customization are you not able to equip?

Thanks!

EDIT: As it turns out, I might have just fallen victim to the Xalek bug. It turns out that it's impossible to get him right now, no matter what. And since I didn't get the achievement for declining, I should be fine once they fix it in 3 years. :D

I met Xalek on Ilum and accidentally told him that I wanted him as an Ally, instead of a blind follower. I thought I was just being nice, but it turns out I turned him down. HE IS THE MAJOR REASON WHY I PLAY INQUISITOR, AND NOW HE'S GONE. There needs to be more of an indication that you're turning them down, before you pick the "wrong" answer. And is there any way for me to get him back? He's just too good of a character, and I can't believe I can't get him now.

I got him on my first try (agent)

I chose the same option that you did, OP, and I do have Xalek in my team now - he chills out in the force enclave and I can call him for support in battle. So yes, it must have been a bug in your case.

Which class are you playing? Most of the people with this bug are Inquisitors, from what I've heard