The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Accidentally Refused Xalek

sadfad

EDIT: As it turns out, I might have just fallen victim to the Xalek bug. It turns out that it's impossible to get him right now, no matter what. And since I didn't get the achievement for declining, I should be fine once they fix it in 3 years. :D

I met Xalek on Ilum and accidentally told him that I wanted him as an Ally, instead of a blind follower. I thought I was just being nice, but it turns out I turned him down. HE IS THE MAJOR REASON WHY I PLAY INQUISITOR, AND NOW HE'S GONE. There needs to be more of an indication that you're turning them down, before you pick the "wrong" answer. And is there any way for me to get him back? He's just too good of a character, and I can't believe I can't get him now.

Edited by sadfad

"Choices matter -- and to make sure you feel it, we're being obscure about how things work."

I suggest anyone who isn't in this just for the lulz use their free 60 to test-drive KotFE and learn where the landmines are.

This is a good idea! :)

"Choices matter -- and to make sure you feel it, we're being obscure about how things work."

I suggest anyone who isn't in this just for the lulz use their free 60 to test-drive KotFE and learn where the landmines are.

If this is one of those "No take backs" cases, then they should make the options describe what you're actually doing. This was either "Follow me again, fool" or "Not as an apprentice. As an ally." I thought I was showing respect. And instead I was rejecting him. It should say: "Will join you" or "Will not join you" after the different options

If this is one of those "No take backs" cases, then they should make the options describe what you're actually doing. This was either "Follow me again, fool" or "Not as an apprentice. As an ally." I thought I was showing respect. And instead I was rejecting him. It should say: "Will join you" or "Will not join you" after the different options

Make what you see in the choices and what actually happens somehow related?

Unprecedented, sir! Unprecedented!

Xalek is really buggy right now I allowed him to kill the miners and he told me he is no longer an apprentice but a lord and he said he will kneel before me as he should and then I told him to kneel and come along. Went back to the force leader and she said Xalek has joined the alliance.

Open contact lists and he is not there? What? The quest is really buggy and I think bioware needs to sort it out plus the steps not working correctly.

Xalek is really buggy right now I allowed him to kill the miners and he told me he is no longer an apprentice but a lord and he said he will kneel before me as he should and then I told him to kneel and come along. Went back to the force leader and she said Xalek has joined the alliance.

Open contact lists and he is not there? What? The quest is really buggy and I think bioware needs to sort it out plus the steps not working correctly.

I had a similar experience!!!! I sent a ticket to Bioware letting them know that Xalek is sopposed to be in my alliance! The Voss lady said that he even joined ***?! I think it's bugged, please fix this Bioware! I want Xalek

Edited by Thurenost

I met Xalek on Ilum and accidentally told him that I wanted him as an Ally, instead of a blind follower. I thought I was just being nice, but it turns out I turned him down. HE IS THE MAJOR REASON WHY I PLAY INQUISITOR, AND NOW HE'S GONE. There needs to be more of an indication that you're turning them down, before you pick the "wrong" answer. And is there any way for me to get him back? He's just too good of a character, and I can't believe I can't get him now.

If you make a wrong choice in conversation hit escape and restart the conversation.

If you make a wrong choice in conversation hit escape and restart the conversation.

Even if you say that you want to make an alliance with Xalek, Sana-Rae confirms that Xalek has recently joined the alliance. I'm sure that isn't the wrong option. I'm pretty sure that this is a bug, he isn't appearing in the Alliances tab, crafting, or even in that instance.

I have not done this myself, but if what you are describing is correct you have a legitimate complaint. Based on the dialog options you describe, I too would have thought I was respectfully asking him to join me as a companion. That's very misleading.

I have not done this myself, but if what you are describing is correct you have a legitimate complaint. Based on the dialog options you describe, I too would have thought I was respectfully asking him to join me as a companion. That's very misleading.

This is true, I literally just did this less than an hour ago and Xalek Greatly Approved of my choice to join me as an ally instead of kneeling. I feel cheated tbh even if this is a bug.

While I like the idea that choices really matter and "no takebacks", most of the time dialog options are REALLY vague in what the character actually intends to say. Its something Bioware could definitely improve on.