The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How are you enjoying the update so far?

DeLaaNie

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not at home yet so I can't tell you how I fancy it so far.

Based on my remote connection to look around, I really enjoyed it. Some of the key changes, not even taking story into account, were amazing. Can't wait til I get home and actually hit the pavement running. I just hope I can pry myself away when it's time for sleep and work ;)

One thing i don't get is why the commendation vendors only sell green mods now. So you are either forced to craft blues or spend over the top money for them on the GTN. Might be a problem for people that don't play mmo's to craft. Edited by wmtyrance

Major pissed off with this company. Went to update this morning and log in to find my account isn't a subscriber account. Go online and notice there was a fail last month. I have boith a credit card (which had expired) and my paypal on there for billing. Never went to paypal. Put new card and started subscription back up. I don't have early access right now and since they don't do support tickets I called. ONE HOUR WAIT TIME. Screw that I'm uninstalling the game and removing my subscription. Been paying for two years. Checked my emails and not one was sent letting me know that I had a fail payment last month. This was the games last chance too as I gave up on it a good while back.

Oh and I can't play any of my other chars cause none of the worlds are downloaded even though it said I finished a full install and update....what the hell?

KOTFE story is so easy mode. I do not know why they even bother creating target zones on the ground when you easily can face tank every mob until death.

Other than that, the story is so far good (chapter 3), short as expected (1-2 hours) and the mandatory mob fights between story elements are already boring. So far i would say choices do NOT matter and i am definitely not bringing more than 1-2 characters through KOTFE.

Edited by Neglience

One thing i don't get is why the commendation vendors only sell green mods now. So you are either forced to craft blues or spend over the top money for them on the GTN. Might be a problem for people that don't play mmo's to craft.

Yeah, don't fix what's not broken eh?

Stupid Bioware...if they continue like this, they'll return to my blacklist soon enough!

seeing all the rage and bugs reports filling the forums I am afraid to log in.

Yeah, I find it's always better to wait a couple days after a big expansion like this...so that you can sit down and really enjoy it after all the usual bugs and whatnot are fixed.

I did log in to take a look at some of the changes...and I am definitely looking forward to running with Kira as a healer. Should be a nice, new, experience for my Guardian, as I have never ran with a healing companion before (aside from the forced team up with Doc on Balmorra)

Edited by VitalityPrime

My first impressions:

Nooooo! My poor inventory, look at this mess! Whose pants and gloves are these? Why is Skadge mostly naked? Why can't I give Andronikos back his weapon? Why am I getting grade 1 mats from RE'ing a level 50+ purple? What do you mean I can't change Niko's clothes? Where is my ship droid? 250K Influence?? Ahhhhh! :eek:

There were good things too though. The green default companion gear no longer requires that companion! I am so glad I saved Nadia's outfit. :D And the change to how presence scales looks promising; combined with the ability to swap their roles, this is going to be great! I like how they gave companions new lines for their new roles. Skadge calls you a wimp when he heals you. xD

Would be going better if EA didn't screw half the people over early access. I had all the stuff till I log in yesterday around 7 PM to see im unsubbed FML! SO i immediately re-sub but apparently it doesn't go in on EA's side till 3AM!!!!

Meh if above comments are true then i doubt we missing out on whole lot of stuff.

Would be going better if EA didn't screw half the people over early access. I had all the stuff till I log in yesterday around 7 PM to see im unsubbed FML! SO i immediately re-sub but apparently it doesn't go in on EA's side till 3AM!!!!

ring them bud because thats some right up bull i am sure they will look it over and give ya access.

What...was there only one chapter released today?

Probably spacebared through it. Sorry, but you cannot tell me that you took your time to listen to all conversations and claim that you finished the whole content in approx. three and a half hours since the update went live.

Edited by Alssaran

Probably spacebared through it. Sorry, but you cannot tell me that you took your time to listen to all conversations and claim that you finished the whole content in approx. three and a half hours since the update went live.

That's what I was thinking too...I hope that's the case here.

Major pissed off with this company. Went to update this morning and log in to find my account isn't a subscriber account. Go online and notice there was a fail last month. I have boith a credit card (which had expired) and my paypal on there for billing. Never went to paypal. Put new card and started subscription back up. I don't have early access right now and since they don't do support tickets I called. ONE HOUR WAIT TIME. Screw that I'm uninstalling the game and removing my subscription. Been paying for two years. Checked my emails and not one was sent letting me know that I had a fail payment last month. This was the games last chance too as I gave up on it a good while back.

Oh and I can't play any of my other chars cause none of the worlds are downloaded even though it said I finished a full install and update....what the hell?

How is that biowares fault that your CC had expired???? :rak_02:

How is that biowares fault that your CC had expired???? :rak_02:

Everything is Biowares fault. Didn't you hear? If your CC expires it is Biowares fault. If your basement is flooded it is Biowares fault.

That's what I was thinking too...I hope that's the case here.

I wouldn't dismiss the claim that he is 65 by now. Two of my guild already managed that with some experience achieved from speaking to companions and using experience boosts. It seems the average play time for the first three chapters in two hours and twenty minutes, given what most of my guild are doing. Rushing through six more chapters in thirty-five minutes, while listening to all conversations? I don't think so.