Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The beauty of rage

Dethla-Hadyn

I'm so happy you have a system that works for you. I really am. However, in the actual game, dps gear is low endurance gear with power, crit or alacrity or accuracy. The entire point of calling them b mods is to say that they're for tanks.

Well, if you want to be the only person to not call dps gear dps gear just because it has high endurance, be my guest.

Edited by AdjeYo

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows B mods are tank mods. Everyone intelligent, at least. Why would you call something dps gear if a dps doesn't use it?

Lethal B-mods are clearly dps mods. Their primary purpose is to increase dps. Now unlettered mods are better at that, sure. But that doesn't make Lethal B-mods tank mods.

Ye, gravity vortex is pretty sweet. But then juggs do get taunts and intercede (and a movement impairing effects cleanse on intercede)

Ok, let me rephrase - rage is very nice but i prefer vengeance due to brawn.:p My biggest gripe with pvp in this game is the amount of cc and the fact that the first answer for anything in pvp for most players is to stun/knockback/mezz you.

Well, if they don't nerf it's damage, that'll be a nice buff to all three specs, as it allows for one more filler. But especially for Vengeance, cause more smashes :)

True, but even if they somewhat nerf the damage make up for more fillers, the mobility will be very welcome.

Well, if they don't nerf it's damage, that'll be a nice buff to all three specs, as it allows for one more filler. But especially for Vengeance, cause more smashes :)

I don' think it'll keep the same damage - they'll probably half it. Now it's over 3 seconds, if instant would be over 1.5s

I don' think it'll keep the same damage - they'll probably half it. Now it's over 3 seconds, if instant would be over 1.5s

Why would they? Well, yeah, Bioware logic... But in pracitc use the change to instant isn't a buff per se. Cause you can't use ravage more often, no matter if it's instant or not. This will only buff burst, especially for veng(Rav, Shatter, Rav in 3 gcd's instead of 5). The buff to sustained damage will only come from more filler attacks in either discipline. So it wouldn't make sense to cut the damage in half. A slight nerf to counter more fillers, yeah, but nothing more should be done there really.

But I guess we will see. My guess is that they nerf across the board so the damage at 70 will be roughly the same as now. Like they did in 4.0

Edited by Torvai

Why would they? Well, yeah, Bioware logic... But in pracitc use the change to instant isn't a buff per se. Cause you can't use ravage more often, no matter if it's instant or not. This will only buff burst, especially for veng(Rav, Shatter, Rav in 3 gcd's instead of 5). The buff to sustained damage will only come from more filler attacks in either discipline. So it wouldn't make sense to cut the damage in half. A slight nerf to counter more fillers, yeah, but nothing more should be done there really.

But I guess we will see. My guess is that they nerf across the board so the damage at 70 will be roughly the same as now. Like they did in 4.0

Yes, that's my guess too. That way they won't have to rebalance the ops too much.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm coming back after a long hiatus. When I left, Focus/Rage was a top-notch 1v1 spec.

Does this still hold true? If not, which Guardian/Juggernaut spec is best for duels, and how doe they fare against other classes?

Thanks in advance! :)

Best dueling spec of all classes atm is concealment operative, followed by arsenal merc. A good operative can't be killed by anyone except a brilliant merc.

About jugg now - the easiest and the most overpowered is tank with dps gear, incredibly overpowered against all warriors, powertech and sniper. But lacks burst to win a good sorc or mercenary. Respectable pvp tournaments even don't allow jug tanks to participate (I completely agree).

Vengeance is very well balanced and my favorite. Actually the weakest one of all 3 jug specs (in dueling) but still very fun to play.

Rage is very powerful against snipers and the most effective against sorcs. Damage reduction is almost nonexistant, that's why I don't like it. Also very easy to be CC'ed and waste your cooldowns.

Edited by DerSchneider

Best dueling spec of all classes atm is concealment operative, followed by arsenal merc. A good operative can't be killed by anyone except a brilliant merc.

About jugg now - the easiest and the most overpowered is tank with dps gear, incredibly overpowered against all warriors, powertech and sniper. But lacks burst to win a good sorc or mercenary. Respectable pvp tournaments even don't allow jug tanks to participate (I completely agree).

Vengeance is very well balanced and my favorite. Actually the weakest one of all 3 jug specs (in dueling) but still very fun to play.

Rage is very powerful against snipers and the most effective against sorcs. Damage reduction is almost nonexistant, that's why I don't like it. Also very easy to be CC'ed and waste your cooldowns.

Wow. So Concealment really is that dominant? I always hated that spec. LOL!

To your point about Defense Guardians in DPS gear, do they have the tools to avoid being burst down by a Conc Op? Or will the operative always just blow them away?

Thanks for your insights!

To your point about Defense Guardians in DPS gear, do they have the tools to avoid being burst down by a Conc Op? Or will the operative always just blow them away?

Conc OP don't burst anyone anymore. The opness of conc op comes from self heal and the ability to mitigate 100% dmg and stuff when rolling. Also from combat stealth but that's obvious

The only spec that is able to:

1) Burst operative through his offhealing

2) Prevent him from god-mode rolling for a period of time

3) Self heal himself to survive through long fight

Is arsenal mercenary.

I play a lot of pvp and still I can name probably 4-5 mercenaries capable of beating an operative.

No jug/guardian spec stands a chance against concealment. (Ofc if an operative plays with a mouse and keyboard).

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, can I ask what relics should I use for Rage? Master and Power or Power and Crit? Thanks!

Also, what augments do you recommend? I like the alacrity idea a lot. I dont mind dying fast if I can wreak havoc while I am still alive :D

Edited by ReclaimerDonar

Hey guys, can I ask what relics should I use for Rage? Master and Power or Power and Crit? Thanks!

Also, what augments do you recommend? I like the alacrity idea a lot. I dont mind dying fast if I can wreak havoc while I am still alive :D

You want to use the Mastery and Power Relics. The critical one affords a much smaller bonus to that stat than does the mastery and the power relics.

As far as alacrity does, every class benefits from alacrity albiet to varying degrees depending on spec and role. I recommend checking out bant's guide and follow the stat spread listed for Rage there.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.