Why recruit multiple companions now 1 can be DPS/Heal?Tank??

Twentybenson

Hi,

I'm a noob sub running around at lvl 16 so far.

I see in the notes that any companion can be set to be either DPS, Heals or Tank at any time etc

So what is the real point in having multiple companions now please? Is it to have more than 3 crew skills only or am I missing other advantages?

Cheers

Hi,

I'm a noob sub running around at lvl 16 so far.

I see in the notes that any companion can be set to be either DPS, Heals or Tank at any time etc

So what is the real point in having multiple companions now please? Is it to have more than 3 crew skills only or am I missing other advantages?

Cheers

The big one, as always, is you can send up to 6 out to do your crew skills once you max level.

Before, each companion had a role. Sadly, that's changed, but it's for the better, I think. Only time will tell :cool:

The big one, as always, is you can send up to 6 out to do your crew skills once you max level.

Before, each companion had a role. Sadly, that's changed, but it's for the better, I think. Only time will tell :cool:

It remains to be seen how relevant crew skills will be now, though.

Pre-4.0 I sent out 6 companions to gear 7 characters (6 companions plus pc), now I send out 6 companions to gear 1 character (pc)... We have increased mission returns, increased node returns, increased crafting returns (on consumables), prolonged up-time on consumables... It all spells oversupply and undercutting. Oh, companion gift missions, of course, but again, what's the point of having max affection with all companions if 1 can do it all and crafting is meaningless... @_@

they have no personality now.. they are all exact copys with different skins

Mechanics are entirely separate from personality now. If you like the random combat banter of one companion, but need a specific role (usually healer) to complement your character, then you can bring the companion whose personality you like, without having to worry about being less combat-effective

It's kind of the exact opposite of lack of personality, in fact.

nope,,, Jorg AS an example hes the same as Corso as both use blaster rifles and sniper rifles WITH no corrections to the conversation in banter.. LOL Torchy anyone LOL banter for allot do not match anymore... they should just remove it and the storys make each one the same as each companion is basicly the same a healer/dps/tank with absolutely no dif in each one but a couple of copy and paste animations,,,

nope,,, Jorg AS an example hes the same as Corso as both use blaster rifles and sniper rifles WITH no corrections to the conversation in banter.. LOL Torchy anyone LOL banter for allot do not match anymore... they should just remove it and the storys make each one the same as each companion is basicly the same a healer/dps/tank with absolutely no dif in each one but a couple of copy and paste animations,,,

You know that ranged tank companions were basically mechanically identical BEFORE 4.0, right?

I actually bothered to check this prior to 4.0.

With the exception of Dr. Lokin, whose stance changed what moves he had available, and was melee DPS instead of ranged DPS like very other healer (but didn't change what those moves did), ever compnaion "type" had functionally identical moves to every other companion of that type. A couple of them had minor quirks (4X harpoon is the big one), but each mDPS companion was a mechanically-nearly-identical counterpart to every other one, likewise rDPS, mTank, rTank, and every healer bu Dr. Lokin.

Treek and HK differed drastically, but they still appear to have a somewhat different moveset from the other blaster rifle/sniper rifle users. I'm too busy checking other stuff out now to do an exhaustive survey. HK and Treek are the only ones to have lost a notable amount of mechanical difference; and they appear to still be somewhat mechanically different from other comps, at least in their "classic" roles.

In some circumstances, the game forces you to use certain companions, especially in chapter-end quests. It was pretty jarring to be a healer and forced to use my healer companion when faced with the toughest boss of the chapter. Now, that isn't an issue--you can use story-appropriate companions, without having to worry about the game mechanic problems that used to create.

The Military uses all the same weapons/training, so therefore all soldiers are exactly the same person. :rolleyes:

to a degree now its worse.. and people lieing about it saying they are dif is stupid why lie just tell the truth...

The are different, combat animations mean nothing, their personalities come from their Voice Actors, not some animation you won't even notice most of the time. The only liar here is you.

Speaking of companions... Where did my companion hotbar go? Can it be expanded now, like it used to be?

Read the Patch Notes, they removed the hotbar.

No more HK51 one-shot-one-kill snipe ability. (when you get 5 stacks) Edited by Falensawino

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.