warzone lag or just me?

Eronenris

I have exactly the same problem in warzones, perfect ping and problems just in warzones.

It's like a 0.5 sec skill delay, the server response seems to be delayed somehow.

Also if I pick a heal in huttas ball, its healing me 0.5 later. there is definitely a warzone instance server problem leading to lags for some players.

Please fix that. PVP is nearly the only thing I want to do. If I won't get fixed soon, I have to leave that game again. :(

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just wondering if anyone else is experiencing pretty bad lag in warzones or if it just me?

I tried my first one yesterday and after I was finally able to click on the quick little punk since the auto target closest enemy doesnt work, I proceeded to stand there hitting all of my attacks while he punched me in the face and I did zero damage to him.

I've heard that WoW uses the old Warcraft3 engine (could be wrong)... but yeah, the responsiveness of WoW PvP is something that I hope SW:ToR can eventually emulate. Right now, it's my biggest complaint about this game. 60+ fps in a Warzone, 35ms latency, and it feels like I'm playing at 500+

Seriously, this game is awesome, but piss-poor responsiveness has plagued so so so many MMOs. I don't know why other companies struggle with this problem. I hope the powers that be realize the seriousness of the situation and allocate resources appropriately.

If that doesn't work, then Bioware needs to send in a couple of agents to steal the blizz engine already. Maybe it's time for a little corporate espionage.

Edited by sfryman

Is it possible that being on the less populated server will make Warzones for ya smooth?

Also, I do have the same issue. I am beyond recommended specs of the game (unbelievable fps drops even on lowest details...) and my internet speed is 60 mb/s at all times. My latency rarely goes beyond 30ms! And still - Warzones just feel like a huge lag party. For example Smash is unusable because it always misses.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I have unsubbed because of this issue. PVP is what would have kept me playing but even on my computer that far exceeds the recommended requirements I get terrible latency issues with abilites and horrible fps even on the lowest details. How did it launch like this? Really disapointing..

Everywhere else is fine I get 50+fps constantly except the main city just fyi

Edited by shinguvna

I just played in the Alderaan War zone and the video lag is so severe I am getting easily defeated 1 on 1 by level 11s on my level 21 Sith Juggernaught. It's extremely embarassing.

I'm not a novice when it comes to PvP, I've been playing it since 99 in Everquest. But this video lag is so horrendous that I'm at a severe disadvantage that I do look like a novice. And given this economic situation, it's out of the question to buy a high-end machine to play TOR.

So unfortunately, until I can afford a high-end machine I have to pass up PvP zones in TOR.

Yep major delays and drops in FPS. My ping is like 20ms I was just putting up with it at first. But as BH healer it really blows. Not too mention raid frames shows group members as having full health when they are actually about to die.

----===========================================

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 6144MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 6136MB RAM

---------------=====================================

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Display Memory: 3550 MB

Dedicated Memory: 738 MB