The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why Kaon Under Siege and The Lost Island got excluded from Solo/Tactical change?

Redlotusx

I was expecting every single flashpoint to have changed, but from what i have read in the patch note there have been some exclusion.

if you mean being given a solo mode only Fps that pertain to the story were given a solo mode.

Edited by Anaesha

I was expecting every single flashpoint to have changed, but from what i have read in the patch note there have been some exclusion.

Those 2 are not being made solo because they would have to remove mechanics rather than just adding a bolster.

For Kaon: Because of the Turret boss/fight and all the stuns that someone needs to break you out of.

For Lost Island: Because of Sav-Rak and the red raks on Lorrik.

Colicoid War Game doesn't seem to be in group finder either. It wasn't on the list when Musco showed the group finder window in the stream. You would think that that would have been an obvious one to add in as a tactical. I guess if you want it you'll still have to ask in gen chat for people to join you.

It's weird though, because I thought someone had posted after one of the cantina tours that one of the devs had been asked why CWG wasn't listed in the flashpoint/op changes blog and the dev was surprised and said that it should have been included and that he'd look into it.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

Those 2 are not being made solo because they would have to remove mechanics rather than just adding a bolster.

For Kaon: Because of the Turret boss/fight and all the stuns that someone needs to break you out of.

For Lost Island: Because of Sav-Rak and the red raks on Lorrik.

They could at least have gone tactical since the others did.

Edited by Redlotusx

I'm bummed about losing these as a solo option. These are two of my favorite FP's in the game and one of my favorite things to do was to run them. The story, the creepy atmosphere, the crazy screaming, cool decos...and the final fight on Lost Island was still challenging even at level 60. Beating that fight always required that I used every skill I had and it was a good gauge as to how familiar I was getting with a class. I don't see why it couldn't have been made solo, since it was soloable already. Keep the mechanics, just tune it down to level. It would be tricky sure, but fun.

RIP Kaon and Lost Island. I will miss running you. :(

They made specific mention of things they were doing that would affect achievements, so I wonder why not about this. I had assumed (and as I type this I realize that this was a dangerous assumption too..) that SM achievements would get translated to Tactical achievements, since they'd otherwise become unobtainable, but that only works if there is a tactical mode.

Personally I'd rather see these two get a solo mode than Directive 7 too, I love D7, but Kaon/LI always felt more like a single player game narrative to me.

I hope there's some more to it than we know now.

if you mean being given a solo mode only Fps that pertain to the story were given a solo mode.

It is its own story arc though and has to do with the whole Rakghoul outbreak, I was actually wondering why it wasn't a solo mode myself when Directive 7 does have a story mode. It actually has a quest that connects them as well similar to the mid 30s Revan questline.

I'm bummed about losing these as a solo option. These are two of my favorite FP's in the game and one of my favorite things to do was to run them. The story, the creepy atmosphere, the crazy screaming, cool decos...and the final fight on Lost Island was still challenging even at level 60. Beating that fight always required that I used every skill I had and it was a good gauge as to how familiar I was getting with a class. I don't see why it couldn't have been made solo, since it was soloable already. Keep the mechanics, just tune it down to level. It would be tricky sure, but fun.

RIP Kaon and Lost Island. I will miss running you. :(

The problem with that is exactly what people before had mentioned. You can't keep the mechanics, because it requires other players. Like getting pinned by the one massive rakghoul at the end of Kaon. Or the Rakghoul Behemoth when it knocks you into the air and rushes another player (threat dump). How do you get the Behemoth to the fire barrels to weaken it when your companions won't move it for you?

In Lost Island, how do you deal with Project Sav-Rak's mechanics with hopping around from pipe to pipe? Your companions won't click the panel. Not to mention if you have a companion set as a tank and he tanks it near the edge of the platform, he's gonna get knocked off. Or if you have threat, they won't run to his targeting circle to prevent getting knocked off.

So no, unfortunately, scaling difficulty will not work in these two cases, the mechanics simply cannot be ignored.

The problem with that is exactly what people before had mentioned. You can't keep the mechanics, because it requires other players. Like getting pinned by the one massive rakghoul at the end of Kaon. Or the Rakghoul Behemoth when it knocks you into the air and rushes another player (threat dump). How do you get the Behemoth to the fire barrels to weaken it when your companions won't move it for you?

In Lost Island, how do you deal with Project Sav-Rak's mechanics with hopping around from pipe to pipe? Your companions won't click the panel. Not to mention if you have a companion set as a tank and he tanks it near the edge of the platform, he's gonna get knocked off. Or if you have threat, they won't run to his targeting circle to prevent getting knocked off.

So no, unfortunately, scaling difficulty will not work in these two cases, the mechanics simply cannot be ignored.

I solo'd Lost Island on Hard Mode with a level 60 before. I'm pretty sure the mechanics wouldn't be that difficult to handle with some adjusting.

The same way as when I soloed both of those on HM?