The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Female Vaylin Romance?

ShieldProtection

I'm starting to wonder about IGNs accuracy as I don't recall a SINGLE play through where I was able to marry a female NPC as a female or a male as a male.

Not every female character in the game is romancable, but every female that could be romanced by a male is romancable by a female & Likewise with the males. If you're just not able to marry same gender at all, your game must be bugged.

Edited by Aeristash

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does it boil down to that? I said don't make almost every female a romance, because it makes the romance generic & lackluster. You don't agree? Fable, skyrim & da all went the mass unisex romance route and the sgr didn't even feel like sgr. It felt like romancing bland factory processed genderless blocks. Don't know about you, but I don't want that in tor. I don't see how wanting to preserve unique identity would equal to me ostracizing sgr as whole.

I hope not, lana is enough for right now. Sgr needs to be churned out in carefully measured doses. What made the relationship with lana an exciting romance for my fem warrior was the rarity of it. Engaging in a relationship that had previously only been heard about in whispers & hints made my fem warrior feel special, bubbly & excited, like she was making a bold social statement and partaking of forbidden fruit.

You're complaining at that part that one full romance is enough because anymore would make your character feel ''special, bubbly & excited''

If almost every female starts being romancable, the relationship will become generic and the magic will be cease to be. Please don't ruin sgr, devs.

And I said I do agree with this part.

The only thing you could be talking about is the one time fling (if one could call a kiss that) on makeb that never called back, not a romance like lana. The vanilla game was strictly m/f romance.

The only time I got a hint of sgr in vanilla was during vettes quest as a female sw, when I asked to test her sister. I believe she disapproved and my sw said "Aren't we all open minded here?".

If you have any other times, I'd love to hear them.

Okay? And? My point there was that at no point is it implied in the game that Same Sex relationships or occurences is frowned upon or Taboo.

And for more SSR flings and such, there's Lord Cytherat, you can flirt with Arkus, Darth Acina (I think that's her name), Eva Kaayz, both of the Bounty Contacts and Theron

I agree that not everything should be romancable, but you do realise that there are many, MANY full time romances in the game? Yes, none of the companions were SSR, but they were fully romancable and there's more then one that's romancable. And most of them were good (Vette and Jorgan being my favourites), so having more then one full time romance that's SSR most likly won't 'Ruin SSR'.

Hey, just be clear, I'm a guy in real life (playing female characters in MMOs because guys loves girls right?,also its fun to troll idiots with twi'lek dancer costume) Personally I agree on fem to fem romance in BioWare games but not homosexual. It may sounds weird or strange but thats my own opinion, as other people mentioned in this thread "not everyone bisexual" nor "not everyone homosexual" I completely agree, the reason I agree on female to female romance/sex because I'm a men and I have no problems seeing that girl to girl experience (naturally) but as I said thats my very own opinion, the reason I opened this thread because I wanted to learn that its possible or not: romancing with Vaylin, thats all

so lets do not make this thread full "gender equality" bs because in BioWare forums including Mass Effect and SWTOR, there's a HUGE chance feminazis or other trolls...you know what I mean

and my english is bloody horrible! yes! well I don't like it either but thats my way to speak with people on forums(or die trying) english is not my main language so I'm sorry if anyone got offended in some way

Not every female character in the game is romancable, but every female that could be romanced by a male is romancable by a female & Likewise with the males. If you're just not able to marry same gender at all, your game must be bugged.

Bugged could be a possibility but I also stopped playing around game update 1.5 so maybe this was added with a later patch?

Hey, just be clear, I'm a guy in real life (playing female characters in MMOs because guys loves girls right?,also its fun to troll idiots with twi'lek dancer costume) Personally I agree on fem to fem romance in BioWare games but not homosexual. It may sounds weird or strange but thats my own opinion, as other people mentioned in this thread "not everyone bisexual" nor "not everyone homosexual" I completely agree, the reason I agree on female to female romance/sex because I'm a men and I have no problems seeing that girl to girl experience (naturally) but as I said thats my very own opinion, the reason I opened this thread because I wanted to learn that its possible or not: romancing with Vaylin, thats all

so lets do not make this thread full "gender equality" bs because in BioWare forums including Mass Effect and SWTOR, there's a HUGE chance feminazis or other trolls...you know what I mean

and my english is bloody horrible! yes! well I don't like it either but thats my way to speak with people on forums(or die trying) english is not my main language so I'm sorry if anyone got offended in some way

No one even brought up gender issues, just the quality of ramances and how just slapping it onto a character can make it a bad romance and ruin the character.

And yes, your sentece doesn't make sense since you can't be for girl on girl if you're against homosexuality, SINCE THEY'RE THE SAME THING. Homosexuality is attraction to the same sex, no matter if you are a boy or girl.

Edited by Codedrago

I know man, I just said - I also love ramances :)

Edited into my last post

And yes, your sentece doesn't make sense since you can't be for girl on girl if you're against homosexuality, SINCE THEY'RE THE SAME THING. Homosexuality is attraction to the same sex, no matter if you are a boy or girl.

No one even brought up gender issues, just the quality of ramances and how just slapping it onto a character can make it a bad romance and ruin the character.

Well calm down, I can't remember meanings all those terms about sexuality or whatever you call it, there's no

reason to be so sensitive.

Drink some water ya.

Well calm down, I can't remember meanings all those terms about sexuality or whatever you call it, there's no

reason to be so sensitive.

Drink some water ya.

Sensitive? Does a few words in caps imply sensetivity? I was only trying to make it clearer to you.

Thats how i felt about how they made everyone bisexual in Dragon Age 2.

Not everyone is gay. Nor is everyone straight or bisexual. Overall it cheapened it, and put more of a "they dont care about -who- you are, just that they can **** you."vibe to it.

I like how they did it in Dragon Age Inquisition, some were male/female only, sera was f/f only, dorian was m/m only, and -Bull - would **** everybody... :p

That was exactly how I felt about it as well. It also made the characters feel more fake to me since everyone was a playersexual and was more for sex than anything else.

I don't mind if Vaylin is a gay, straight, or bisexual as long as they don't follow the same path in DA2 and make every new Love Interest bisexual/playersexual. That's if Vaylin will be a companion and romanceable. If anything, she strikes me as being a bit similar to Jaesa.

Edited by Philmors

You're complaining at that part that one full romance is enough because anymore would make your character feel ''special, bubbly & excited''

I said sgr needs to be churned out in carefully measured doses, not stopped all together. While I adore the lana romance, that doesn't mean I want to see every new trending female character produced also up for sgr. Preferences are a factor in character individuality and I'd rather they all differ. I wouldn't mind in time, if there were 10, 20 ect sgr romances, but not back to back for fan service.

Okay? And? My point there was that at no point is it implied in the game that Same Sex relationships or occurences is frowned upon or Taboo.

Actually your point implicates quite the opposite, but that's going to detour us into the morality of sgr and I think we should avoid that sect of the convo at all cost.

And for more SSR flings and such, there's Lord Cytherat, you can flirt with Arkus, Darth Acina (I think that's her name), Eva Kaayz, both of the Bounty Contacts and Theron

I agree that not everything should be romancable, but you do realise that there are many, MANY full time romances in the game? Yes, none of the companions were SSR, but they were fully romancable and there's more then one that's romancable. And most of them were good (Vette and Jorgan being my favourites), so having more then one full time romance that's SSR most likly won't 'Ruin SSR'.

Telling someone they're cute isn't a fling. It's a compliment and they shoot you down 95% percent of the time. Those are terrible examples to push sgr as being the norm. and once again, I never said I was against sgr. Quite the opposite. Just don't want them to start being mass produced.

Edited by Aeristash

I said sgr needs to be churned out in carefully measured doses, not stopped all together. While I adore the lana romance, that doesn't mean I want to see every new trending female character produced also up for sgr. Preferences are a factor in character individuality and I'd rather they all differ. I wouldn't mind in time, if there were 10, 20 ect sgr romances, but not back to back for fan service.

Well, I will say that I did jump the gun a bit at your first post, as it came off as saying that more then one would lessen the quality (Though I still hold that one of the other reasons you put forward was that it made your character feel less special). But I think we're both agreeing (Or completly side stepping each other :D) that more is good, but preferably do it for quality, not just to add to the roster.

Actually your point implicates quite the opposite, but that's going to detour us in the morality of sgr and I think we should avoid that sect of the convo at all cost.

How does my point that no one in the SWTOR universe seems to have a problem with homesexuality imply that they do?

Telling someone they're cute isn't a fling. It's a compliment and they shoot you down 95% percent of the time. Those are terrible examples to push sgr as being the norm. and once again, I never said I was against sgr. Quite the opposite. Just don't want them to start being mass produced

Arkus and Arcina were the only ones I mentioned that didn't go further then a flirt.

Those are terrible examples to push sgr as being the norm. and once again, I never said I was against sgr. Quite the opposite. Just don't want them to start being mass produced.

Do you have the same objection to OGRs being "mass produced"?

I hope not, lana is enough for right now. Sgr needs to be churned out in carefully measured doses. What made the relationship with lana an exciting romance for my fem warrior was the rarity of it. Engaging in a relationship that had previously only been heard about in whispers & hints made my fem warrior feel special, bubbly & excited, like she was making a bold social statement and partaking of forbidden fruit. If almost every female starts being romancable, the relationship will become generic and the magic will be cease to be. Please don't ruin sgr, devs.

Wow no one should ever listen to you.

I am conflicted about this, because I do want proper stories that make sense, but... I am going to disagree, because it took them so long to get started with this, so long before the very first [Flirt] at the same gender was possible, that of course it's all mashed into the end of the story, because that's where they began.

I'd agree if they would properly fit in some sgr into the 1-50 experience, which they won't, so I'd rather they just provide options and have people decide for themselves whether they want to go there or not.

edit: My statement is in general, regarding romance options, I have not watched/read anything about the newly introduced characters, so this is not specifically about Vaylin.

Edited by cyrusramsey

Well... I need to know much more about her before I can consider it.

But... it would be an interesting option. But what will you give up to be able to romance her?

Considering she's on the side of the enemy you likely have to give up your freedom or they could have it set so you convince her to defect.

Well, I will say that I did jump the gun a bit at your first post, as it came off as saying that more then one would lessen the quality (Though I still hold that one of the other reasons you put forward was that it made your character feel less special). But I think we're both agreeing (Or completly side stepping each other :D) that more is good, but preferably do it for quality, not just to add to the roster.

Indeed :)

Homophobic men are homophobic against men on men (because theyre terrified at being to ask/made to join in). They are not however afraid of girl on girl because they are salivating at the thought of being asked to join in.

Edited by XiamaraSimi