Can we get Nico Okarr at all?

HumbleJedi

It makes ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE what the EXCLUSIVE reward is, whether that be a speeder, a helmet or a companion. It matters NOT ONE WHIT if some players think that reward A is not remotely equal to reward B.

EXCLUSIVE to those players that meet X criteria means EXCLUSIVE to those players that meet X criteria. That means that ONLY those people who meet X criteria can obtain that reward. That does NOT mean "exclusive only until we decide to sell it on the CM".

Right, and as I've said before a thing being exclusive for an extended period of time is often enough to satisfy a person. But given the amount of times so many of you needed to hold down the shift key while typing it, I can see that's not the case here. But if enough people *do* think reward A and reward B aren't equal, and it could be handled better?

Then I stand by my previous point, doing the smart thing should take precedent over 'this is the way it is and has always been'.

There will be other rewards in the future. I'm pretty sure some will be companions. Sorry, these skins, because face it that is all they are, were marked as EXCLUSIVE, so they are exclusive.

Maybe one day they'll do a reward system based on time subbed instead of being subbed at a certain time. Then I'm sure you'll be able to get a different set of entirely cosmetic skins.

And listen to the community? Seems to me most of the community, that is posting about it anyways, doesn't want Nico and other exclusives to be made available... So they are listening to the community.

You're absolutely right about that last part. When I said they should listen to the community, I meant it, not that they should listen to what I think is fair. And given the... uh... let's say 'interesting' fact that EXCLUSIVITY is so very important to so many of you, it's apparently not as cut and dry as I thought.

This forum....does not represent the community.

God, I hope you're right.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth exclusivity bums me out. I was just talked into subbing for the first time by a friend (having tried the game previously way back in beta), and man is it a ton of fun! But seeing the big list of rewards (including HK-55, which I missed by a few months) is a kick in the pants.

For what it's worth exclusivity bums me out. I was just talked into subbing for the first time by a friend (having tried the game previously way back in beta), and man is it a ton of fun! But seeing the big list of rewards (including HK-55, which I missed by a few months) is a kick in the pants.

New stuff (non-HK one hopes) will be along as time passes. It does make one envious to have missed prior cool stuff but it's only fair that those who were sub'd throughout the requisite times got it and those of us who missed out, well, missed out.

It makes ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE what the EXCLUSIVE reward is, whether that be a speeder, a helmet or a companion. It matters NOT ONE WHIT if some players think that reward A is not remotely equal to reward B.

EXCLUSIVE to those players that meet X criteria means EXCLUSIVE to those players that meet X criteria. That means that ONLY those people who meet X criteria can obtain that reward. That does NOT mean "exclusive only until we decide to sell it on the CM".

bioware makes little enough content as it is. spending resources on a 1 day payoff and then it goes to the dustbin doesnt make a lot of sense. I bought a CE edition with the promise that the ce vendor would be kept up to date. that didnt happen. I have the nico comp already but I couldnt care a bit if they end up selling it on the cm for 10k cc. They recycle every bit of content they can as it is so it wouldn't be different from normal.

bioware makes little enough content as it is. spending resources on a 1 day payoff and then it goes to the dustbin doesnt make a lot of sense. I bought a CE edition with the promise that the ce vendor would be kept up to date. that didnt happen. I have the nico comp already but I couldnt care a bit if they end up selling it on the cm for 10k cc. They recycle every bit of content they can as it is so it wouldn't be different from normal.

Nico's coat was a reskin. HK-55 is a reskin of HK-51. (Nico and HK-55 are both reskins of the companion mechanics, for that matter). The Prinawe speeders are all reskins of each other. I wouldn't mind if they put Rico, Nico's long-lost twin brother up on the CM. But those exact "skins?" Nah.

Edited by IanArgent

nico's coat was a reskin. Hk-55 is a reskin of hk-51. (nico and hk-55 are both reskins of the companion mechanics, for that matter). The prinawe speeders are all reskins of each other. I wouldn't mind if they put rico, nico's long-lost twin brother up on the cm. But those exact "skins?" nah.

^this

And, as I said upthread, how many people would care; if Nico wasn't available until KotFE (a la HK-55), or if from L10 onwards players could "pull forward" comps for the mechanical benefit?

It was a mistake for BW to leave companion acquisition rates (for mechanical purposes) unbalanced after 4.0

And, as I said upthread, how many people would care; if Nico wasn't available until KotFE (a la HK-55), or if from L10 onwards players could "pull forward" comps for the mechanical benefit?

It was a mistake for BW to leave companion acquisition rates (for mechanical purposes) unbalanced after 4.0

I would care. I use Nico for my low level agents so they don't have to use Kaliyo. I greatly prefer him to Treek or the CM companions. HK-55 was a huge disappointment since only 1 of 44 characters can use him, and that one already has too many fun companions to choose from.

I'm not wild about the idea of pulling companions early, but I could live with it if it meant I could get HK-55 on a character that would use him.

Edited by Damask_Rose

I would care. I use Nico for my low level agents so they don't have to use Kaliyo. I greatly prefer him to Treek or the CM companions. HK-55 was a huge disappointment since only 1 of 44 characters can use him, and that one already has too many fun companions to choose from.

I'm not wild about the idea of pulling companions early, but I could live with it if it meant I could get HK-55 on a character that would use him.

Add a companion "advancement" terminal to either fleet or your starship; so, probably not HK-55. There's a mechanical imbalance in the companion acquisition rates between classes, in that some classes get story companions at difference rates than others. Once you're at 5 story comps, though, the imbalance goes away. I wouldn't care if you could pull HK-55 and Nico "forward" that way if your account is otherwise eligible, myself (or if HK-55 had a token to obtain early). It's the "otherwise eligible" part that I care about.

Nico's coat was a reskin. HK-55 is a reskin of HK-51. (Nico and HK-55 are both reskins of the companion mechanics, for that matter). The Prinawe speeders are all reskins of each other. I wouldn't mind if they put Rico, Nico's long-lost twin brother up on the CM. But those exact "skins?" Nah.

either way works for me, couldnt care less really. Having that particular pixel set doesnt make me special.

either way works for me, couldnt care less really. Having that particular pixel set doesnt make me special.

It's a principles thing for me, really; the way I would be against them selling the time-limited titles or the May the 4th pets on the CM. They have, in fact, sold other Astromech droid pets on the CM, just not the ones that come in the specific color combos.

Actually, I'm not. I addressed both the future rewards and the 'exclusive' thing in the very block of text you quoted. But hey, what the hell.

Much as I personally couldn't care less about other people getting to play that HK mission and actually subscribe for the standard subscription benefits/because I enjoy the game, I get that these concepts are very important to some of you. And no one was suggesting anyone get anything for 'free'.

Only that some things, namely companions, should maybe some day be available again at some cost after us subscribers have had an appropriate amount of time to lord them over everyone. The point is that not all of the subscriber rewards are remotely equal, and the ones that are largely the topic of this thread were offered for a single month's subscription like the majority of the others.

I don't buy the ridiculous slippery slope argument that if any past rewards are made available then they all have to be. I'd rather a company use common sense and listen to the community than rigidly set their practices in stone.

Well to make it fair, lets say you have to pay the sub cost for every month retro to the issuance of exclusive reward. So, if nicco was released a year ago it will cost you $180 now. You get no time time just the exclusive reward.

Well to make it fair, lets say you have to pay the sub cost for every month retro to the issuance of exclusive reward. So, if nicco was released a year ago it will cost you $180 now. You get no time time just the exclusive reward.

Well, they *could* CC it but I can see where that could lead to mass riots if that were done.

I don't have a problem with not getting the perks if I'm not sub'd. I had to miss out on some due to RL issues and whilst it would be fun to have Nico, I'm perfectly fine with the reality of "not here? no Nico for you".

What part of "EXCLUSIVE to those that were subscribed ON X DATE" is so hard for people to comprehend?

Paying the sub cost "retroactively" back to X date does NOT make you a subscriber on X date.

Why would Johnny bother to be a subscriber on X date to get Y "EXCLUSIVE" reward when he can just wait until after those subscribed on X date receive their rewards and then MAYBE he'll pay the $15 "retroactively" if he decides he wants it?

No. The past rewards that were EXCLUSIVE for those that met the criteria to receive those rewards should remain EXCLUSIVE to those players that met those criteria.

What part of "EXCLUSIVE to those that were subscribed ON X DATE" is so hard for people to comprehend?

Paying the sub cost "retroactively" back to X date does NOT make you a subscriber on X date.

Why would Johnny bother to be a subscriber on X date to get Y "EXCLUSIVE" reward when he can just wait until after those subscribed on X date receive their rewards and then MAYBE he'll pay the $15 "retroactively" if he decides he wants it?

No. The past rewards that were EXCLUSIVE for those that met the criteria to receive those rewards should remain EXCLUSIVE to those players that met those criteria.

Not when it comes to companions, in my opinion.

A waste of resources if all players cannot get them as that's a large chunk who won't see the work, time, money and effort put into the character and their recruitment as well as VA work.

Nico and HK-55 should be made available to all at some point.

I have just typed almost the same thing in another tread that has just popped up, Unless Bioware state up-front that a 'reward' is actually only 'early access' for that reward I would expect that Bioware never release it in the cartel market.

If they market it upfront that you get the reward early before relesasing in in the Cartel market fine but in the case of Nico and HK-55 they never stated this so I expect it to stay exclusive to those who qualified for it. If Bioware started doing like some players want their credibility would quickly go down the toilet as no one would believe them and they would just wait until it got released on the Cartel Market.

Edited by Jedi_riches

I don't see the issue with making him available via cartel purchase. Yes, I know he was a subscriber reward, but to me that means if you were subbed you have the opportunity to get him when the chance arises in game versus those that either weren't playing or not subbed having to pay a cartel coin purchase to get him in the first place. Either way it works out so that other people have the ability to get him.

I don't see the issue with making him available via cartel purchase. Yes, I know he was a subscriber reward, but to me that means if you were subbed you have the opportunity to get him when the chance arises in game versus those that either weren't playing or not subbed having to pay a cartel coin purchase to get him in the first place. Either way it works out so that other people have the ability to get him.

It's not the "sub reward" part, it's the "exclusive" part. Like the Founder's title.

I thought he was released for everyone already.

What's the hold up? I don't even use him. Let everyone else have him if they want him, eh?

He NEVER should be released for "everyone".

Anyone who was NOT subscribed on either of the two appropriate dates does NOT meet the criteria to have Nico as a companion, and therefore should NOT have Nico as a companion.

I know from your other thread that you desperately want to have HK-55 as a companion, but the same applies to him.

Anyone who was not subscribed on the appropriate date to get Hk-55 as a companion should NOT have access to that companion.

I do wonder, though, how much of your "magnanimous generosity" with regards to Nico is in reality driven by youur desperate desire to have HK-55 as a companion.

Not when it comes to companions, in my opinion.

A waste of resources if all players cannot get them as that's a large chunk who won't see the work, time, money and effort put into the character and their recruitment as well as VA work.

Nico and HK-55 should be made available to all at some point.

That is your opinion.

As evidenced by every one of the threads started by some entitled whiner asking that a reward they do NOT qualify to receive be made available to them, your opinion is NOT universally held. Many players feel that EXCLUSIVE rewards should remain EXCLUSIVE to those that met the criteria to receive those rewards, including many players that missed out on some of those EXCLUSIVE rewards themselves.

Again, I have to question how much of your "magnanimously generous opinion" is in reality driven by your desperate desire to acquire one of those EXCLUSIVE rewards for which you do NOT qualify, namely HK-55.

It is just a skin. There is a companion available on the CM right now if you want it that is a different skin. I'm sure they'll release future ones on the CM too. You don't need this particular skin, or the HK-55 one. It was billed as an exclusive reward. End of story.

They may put up another "Gruff Western" type companion on the CM some day, but it won't, and shouldn't, be Nico.

Edited by GelstonJ

If someone wants to pay $180 (or the sub fee retro to date of exclusive reward for Nico now, let them. More money in support of the game, if the cash flow supports the game that is. I'll take issue with the let them buy it for 2000 cc or some other paltry amount. I have Nico btw... but not the Party Jawa and at 15/month the party jawa will cost me $660. I don't want the party jawa that bad....

If someone wants to pay $180 (or the sub fee retro to date of exclusive reward for Nico now, let them. More money in support of the game, if the cash flow supports the game that is. I'll take issue with the let them buy it for 2000 cc or some other paltry amount. I have Nico btw... but not the Party Jawa and at 15/month the party jawa will cost me $660. I don't want the party jawa that bad....

Again, what part of "EXCLUSIVE to people who met the criteria to receive X reward" is so hard for people to comprehend?

It makes NO difference how much Johnny is willing to pay to get X reward that was EXCLUSIVE to those players who met the criteria to receive that reward, if Johnny did not meet the criteria to obtain that reward. If Johnny did not meet the criteria, he should NOT EVER receive that EXCLUSIVE reward.

Edited by Ratajack

Again, what part of "EXCLUSIVE to people who met the criteria to receive X reward" is so hard for people to comprehend.

It makes NO difference how much Johnny is willing to pay to get X reward that was EXCLUSIVE to those players who met the criteria to receive that reward, if Johnny did not meet the criteria to obtain that reward. If Johnny did not meet the criteria, he should NOT EVER receive that EXCLUSIVE reward.

I one hundred percent agree.