Galactic Starfighter Group Que

Rofustar

Is it possible to que in gsf with an ops group or more then the standard group of 4? If so, how?

I have a group of 5 friends looking to gsf, but not being able to play together would mean one of us needs to sit out.

The maximum you can queue with is 4, however many teams of players will put separate into two groups and count down and queue up at the same time. Most will use voice chat to do this if both groups get a queue pop they enter.

The only problem is by separating each other in this fashion you aren't guaranteed to be on the same team if a wargame occurs.

If you do decide to all queue together by separating the groups I suggest making the groups 2-3 and not 4-1. Group queue gets priority and the person queue ing alone will have a much harder time getting in a game with the rest of you.

I hope that helps. :)

Since groups get priority in the Q, your best bet would be a group of 2 & one of 3, and then just Q as simultaneously as possible. You could still use an Ops group for chat purposes between matches.

<edit> lol apparently me & Drak were typing at the same time, and he beat me to the submit button

Edited by Enurrsha

Thanks very much for info, will try the multiple group ques. We are on ebon hawk and thoroughly enjoying gsf games so far, grinding up our ships.

Which faction are you on? I play both sides, and I'd be willing to swap if you ever need the help. Make sure you join the GSF channel (/cjoin gsf) and feel free to ask anything about the game in that channel. It's pretty chatty, but that's one reason I like the server so much.

Averann will sometimes throw together an ops group on pub side, especially if he gets pissed and wants to farm someone (Chorus: He's an ***hole yodel-yo). :p

Anyways as others have said before, you put the group into two columns and have the columns queue at the same time. Usually works, but wargames will split it up. I don't like queuing in more than 4 man groups though because I think it gets gamey and unfair for the other side.

Jedi Cov, as I have noticed, is a mostly solo-queue server. I'm basically the only one who run a groups (besides Ave or Zuck because they can't get a match without a group due to the way it prioritizes players), but I think that's also in part because a lot of people queue for PvP at the same time as GSF.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs