Advice that every advanced PvPer should know.

kissingaiur

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forums is the only place I get the information on gameplay - or the guides linked in the forum. I dunno, I can't possibly be the only person who does it. I don't like videos, I learn better from reading the texts. Everyone seem to assume that folks either know everything already or do not want to learn. It is much easier to get the info from organized posts than to scour the conversations for accidental hints of what can be done.

I assumed that battle rez is not going to work in the warzone. I was also told to be very careful with pulls, because you can do a lot of damage by being a bossy puller if you are not actually aware whom you are pulling out of where and what their status is. People can get as cranky about a wrong pull as they could be about a bubble at high % of health.

All and all though, it does not hurt to think about these things and bring them into focus. At the very least it is a less stale of a discussion than some reoccurring topics.

Edited by DomiSotto

I find that 99.99% of people don't accept battle rezzes and instead hammer their respawn button, for no good reason.

I still battlerez em though.

And one more tip - if you are a sorc, don't friggin bubble with the huttball.

That tip is not always correct. What if the one getting hammered to is stunned and has no way of braking that stun? He can die and give the ball to the enemy or reset it.

Edited by Xanas

I will tell you that I have been in ranked matches where Jugs refused to guard a sniper and their argument was “they are DPS”. Why. Just Why.

This is called skank tanking and is generally considered to be an unfair thing to do in solo ranked. Yes, it's possible to do because Bioware are too dumb to fix it, so is sync q and wintrading, doesn't mean you should do it. Not sure why you are recommending it in your 'guide'

This is called skank tanking and is generally considered to be an unfair thing to do in solo ranked. Yes, it's possible to do because Bioware are too dumb to fix it, so is sync q and wintrading, doesn't mean you should do it. Not sure why you are recommending it in your 'guide'

I think he thinks Juggs can sling a guard no matter their stance.

The whole stance dance thing is curious, but I tried it a couple of times in regs, and what I found was that stance switching was non trivial. It takes attention to make sure you actually switched the stance not just turned it off (don't ask me how I know).

I know that the ranked crowd is that much faster on the trigger than I am, but I still have a tough time imagining someone switching stance, then guarding the healer in time, in the middle of the fray, under a heavy focus. If it is a DPS guarding, a 50% damage from a focused fire on the burst.... won't it just kill everyone faster? Folks can burn a tanky tank who guards (again, don't ask me how I know) , won't the DPS go down in a GCD?

Obviously, it works since the folks do that to their advantage, but I have a feeling there is more to it than a simple 'just switch the stance and guard, duh!'

The couple times I saw a DPS go into tank stance to guard my healer in reg arenas was right off the start, not in the middle of it all.

Edited by DomiSotto

I have the strange feeling I keep repeating myself. These are just tips, I don't understand why people are throwing the word "guide" around lmao. For god shakes people, half my post is filled with memes, it's not suppose to be taking so seriously. Edited by kissingaiur

Ok. I'll bite. It's also considered unfair to have a ****** sniper on your team vs. 3 carnage maras but yeah I see your point too. Everything in solo rank in a nutshell is unfair and unforgiving. There is also big difference between "skank tanking" and just putting a guard on a player to survive opening burst.

Edited by kissingaiur

There is also big difference between "skank tanking" and just putting a guard on a player to survive opening burst.

it's certainly a bigger difference. but any time you can divert 50% of the dmg from the opponent's focus target but they cannot do the same....yeah...I mean...they're both big. even if you just do it for a brief moment when the other team is bursting (which I guess only juggs can reliably do).

it's certainly a bigger difference. but any time you can divert 50% of the dmg from the opponent's focus target but they cannot do the same....yeah...I mean...they're both big. even if you just do it for a brief moment when the other team is bursting (which I guess only juggs can reliably do).

Sins can effectively stance dance at opportune moments since changing stances now simply depletes your remaining force instead of requiring a full resource bar; it's not as effective because you lack the dcds that a jugg has and a decent percentage of your damage is bound to your stance, but it can be clutch if used correctly.

Don't forget the main advice for advanced players: moving from left to right while attacking or healing increases your numbers by 50%.

Seriosly though what's up with this twitching? I see it a lot. It looks stupid and also very annoying.

Edited by power-alex

I see nothing wrong with a player stance dancing in the middle of a fight. Smart jugs do it a lot in solo ranked matches. I don't see anything wrong with it because you are still taking 50% of the targets damage as a DPS in DPS gear. Skank tanking is another story all together.

Good one Hottie! :D Very amusing.

TO those not finding it amusing, move along, this thread is not for you!

I see nothing wrong with a player stance dancing in the middle of a fight. Smart jugs do it a lot in solo ranked matches. I don't see anything wrong with it because you are still taking 50% of the targets damage as a DPS in DPS gear. Skank tanking is another story all together.

Hmm would you mind clarifying what Skank tanking is compared to stance dancing? I thought they were the same.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.