Great out of the box UI! Outstanding!

Klarick

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if serious...

The UI is fine. Compared to some other MMOs it's a godsend. Sure, it could be better, but I'm pretty sure Bioware will fix that up eventually.

ahahahahahaha. Tell me one MMO that has a worse UI than Swtor.

I just dont see it that way. The simplicity of the UI is its greatest asset. Trust me, you dont need all those addons that WoW has you hooked on. This UI is clean and very functional.

Note: To the one that mentioned the chat box. The chat box can be moved.

Simplicity may be good for you, but it's bad for a UI. A UI should be customizable.

Edited by scrynen

Im enjoying the uncluttered UI. It's fantastic and very refreshing.

You are, ofcourse, kidding.

Let's see...

- There is no way to way to move things around.

- You can't resize stuff.

- There are only 4 hot-bars (you will fill them all 100% up when you want to command your companions so that it does break CC).

- There is no way get rid of the annoying row on top.

- It is impossible to turn parts off (like the chat) so it pops up everytime my mouse goes there.

- There is no way to see how much damage a skill does.

If this is the best UI you ever had, I wonder what other games you played. My money is on Pong, with Tetris in second place.

Edited by Yogol

Wait... what?

Easily the worst out of the box UI in any MMO I've ever played. Its lack of mobility and resizing, in addition to its unresponsiveness should have BW on trial in the Hague for crimes of this magnitude.

You should have tried WoW's out of the box UI. Thank God it was moddable so eventually you could get an additional hotbar.

I agree though that SWTOR's UI could be improved.

Edited by Axxar

I know all the mods are coming. Sad day it will be. But some people just cant play a game without all the "wow-mods" telling them every little thing they must do and when they must do it.

I wish it would stay like this.

You havent played many PC games, did you ?

You should have tried WoW's out of the box UI. Thank God it was moddable so eventually you could get an additional hotbar.

I agree though that SWTOR's UI could be improved.

Yeh, I didn't get into WoW until BC. The UI was one of the first things I changed about that game.

Are you kidding me?, this UI is terrible on all counts. It's so bad that I want to pull all my hair out!.

This UI is simple, uncluttered, and elequontly (- sp) designed. I play a healer on one toon and a warrior on another. The UI has been great in both instances.

You do know you can configure your party (raid) frames and move them anywhere...right?

This UI is simple, uncluttered, and elequontly (- sp) designed. I play a healer on one toon and a warrior on another. The UI has been great in both instances.

You do know you can configure your party (raid) frames and move them anywhere...right?

I really love the game up until now, but common the UI is not something you release in an 2011 MMORPG. I don't care about mods and addons. But let me decide how many Actionbars i wan't and where i wan't it. The UI has to be scalable and all Parts need to be movable. The other issue is that Raidframes seem to bug out sometimes and not update the health correctly.

Don't get me wrong i like the style of the UI but the functionality has to be improved. No we don't need addons like in WoW that tell when to interrupt when to move and which spell to use but let me display my and my targets, buffs and debuffs in a way i can see what's applied and what not. Give me raidframes that color code classes so it is easier to spot who is who, especially in WZ where you get thrown in tho a group.

...No we don't need addons like in WoW that tell when to interrupt when to move and which spell to use ...give me raidframes that color code classes so it is easier to spot who is who, especially in WZ where you get thrown in tho a group.

This I like.

Funny how many people disagree with the OP and how they go about stating so.

It is like telling a 4 year old he/she has to go to bed.

For the most part I am with the OP, I like the UI.

There are some things I would like changed, but so be it.

Relax, Bio will eventually allow people to customize, for those that wish too.

Edited by Korizan

An elegant UI wouldn't overlap the minimap with the bottom right hotbar button.

An elegant UI wouldn't force close an inventory or other interface window when a companion comes back with stuff.

An elegant UI would allow me to place the elements where they make the most ergonomic sense for me.

And so on.

I just want to resize and move UI pieces around, I never cared much for all the addons.

This. Also, OP, do you work for Bioware or something? The interface customization options in SWTOR are the worst, well, in 5 years.

Actually, only Rift with all its flaws lauched truly AAA as far as interface goes.

This is the worst UI ever designed. Ever!

You are constantly looking all over the screen for different things.

You obviously haven't tried to do serious healing with this UI ... you are watching one place for your team mate's health, watching another place ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SCREEN to make sure you have the right person selected, and then you're watching a third place to make sure YOU don't die (because your health bar is nowhere near everyone else's).

And if you're using a companion as a 4th player, you are watching a 4th location.

It is the dumbest, most asinine UI ever designed.

I know all the mods are coming. Sad day it will be. But some people just cant play a game without all the "wow-mods" telling them every little thing they must do and when they must do it.

Okay so here's what you do... when the addons come that let players customize the UI, don't install any. Simple, right?

And stop mixing up addons on UI. They are not the same thing. At all.

It IS the worse UI ever made for any MMO out there ever.... wait.. Im mistaking. DCunivers had worse. It is not fantastic in any way or refershing. It is a copy of Star Trek Online and DCUnivers. Just made even worse.

Except from DCU, this is the worst ever. Every part of this UI is crap, ugly and bad. There is not 1 thing with this UI that is good. Not one.

Prove me wrong. Write down what is good with this UI and I will write down how it could have been improved.

BioWare are working on a new UI, they have a whole team on it, they say. This tells me that they KNOW that the UI sicks balls. And I guess 80% of the player base that has some experiance with other MMO will also have this opinion.

Wait... what?

Easily the worst out of the box UI in any MMO I've ever played. Its lack of mobility and resizing, in addition to its unresponsiveness should have BW on trial in the Hague for crimes of this magnitude.

People are so spoiled by WoW's addons, that they forget some horrible UI's. Like Star Trek online? That one was worse than this particular UI.

And for ALL of you MOD HATERS. "We cant have mods or we will become WOW clones". "Mods are bad, that is anti christ in computer".

There are alredy some mods in the game that BioWare have implanted them self. You do not need 3rd part addons.

Quest finder...... Anyone who played wow in vanilla knows that quests did NOT show up on your map. This came just in the later years. Guess what SWToR have.

Scrolling combat text. WoW did not have it either. It was an addon that blizzard implanted into the game later on.

Guess what SWToR has.

Minimap? Multible hotbars? Movable chat? New chat windows? All of this is in WoW. (other games before that too but...)

There is a LOT of things in this game that BioWare has taken from WoW and other games, but it buggels me why they have not taking things that actually work and are good for the game.

OH the irony when fanboyz like you guys comes here shouting, oh no, we cant have mods because wow has it, we love the game as it is, we cant alow stuff from wow in this game.

/faceslap

Edited by Mamono

People are so spoiled by WoW's addons, that they forget some horrible UI's. Like Star Trek online? That one was worse than this particular UI.

I don't agree ... I played STO from beta, through about 4 months after launch when I asked myself why I was forcing myself to play that lousy &^%%$# game.

Its UI was nothing to write home about, but it was much better implementation than this.

Actually, only Rift with all its flaws lauched truly AAA ...[/Quote]Well yeah I suppose. If you dismiss the thousands of accounts that were hacked within the first 3 days of launch that darn near shut the game down along with A huge apology from TRION over thier "overlooking" of account security.

But, other than that it was a perfect launch.

Edited by Klarick

One of the worst UI defo.

Why they couldn't allow you to move hotbars around I have no idea, I like to have all my main skills on the bars at the bottom of the screen. It's a little impossible when you can only have 2 hot bars.

Edited by Elgarr

actually thye have never said any mods are comming. What they have said is they are working to make the UI customizable. For example LOTRO has a fully customizable UI without any mods.

And for ALL of you MOD HATERS. "We cant have mods or we will become WOW clones". "Mods are bad, that is anti christ in computer".

There are alredy some mods in the game that BioWare have implanted them self. You do not need 3rd part addons.

Quest finder...... Anyone who played wow in vanilla knows that quests did NOT show up on your map. This came just in the later years. Guess what SWToR have.

Scrolling combat text. WoW did not have it either. It was an addon that blizzard implanted into the game later on.

Guess what SWToR has.

Minimap? Multible hotbars? Movable chat? New chat windows? All of this is in WoW. (other games before that too but...)

There is a LOT of things in this game that BioWare has taken from WoW and other games, but it buggels me why they have not taking things that actually work and are good for the game.

OH the irony when fanboyz like you guys comes here shouting, oh no, we cant have mods because wow has it, we love the game as it is, we cant alow stuff from wow in this game.

/faceslap

None of these are MODS here they are part of the game they are not something you as a player modify.

Well yeah I suppose. If you dismiss the thousands of accounts that were hacked within the first 3 days of launch that darn near shut the game down along with A huge apology from TRION over thier "overlooking" of account security.

But, other than that it was a perfect launch.

I don't remember it being quite that bad. But eh, I wasn't affected by it. I know some accounts were hacked, and they did institute security after the fact, but "nearly shutting the game down"

Hardly.