Top Posters In This Topic

That's just not really detailed enough as there are more than 2 groups:

A) Want forced level sync

B) Prefer optional level sync but don't mind the forced that much

C) Want optional level sync and won't accept the forced

D) Don't want any kind of level sync

E) ?

Edited by MFollin

I see someone ignored BWs request to quit making new threads on the matter and discuss it in the already existing tens of millions of threads.

Really.

Also, I vote FOR sync. There you go.

Maybe I'll go make a new topic now "Poll: Should people start using existing topics on lvl sync"...

but if i have to give my point about the matter (although i understand why they are doing it) i'm against it. You don't become level 60 to suddenly become again a low level if you go to your starting planet...that's just stupid.

Also what is the point of "levels" if 4.0 sm operations gonna leveling players between 50-65? just getting more people to play the same content? good luck with that....

Edited by psikofunkster

I'd just like to get a feel of the forums general temperature about this change, just a simple for or against with no childish insults from either side to muddy the waters.

I didn't like it at first, but I've changed my mind about it... It makes doing some of the side content interesting...

I never go back and do the gray missions, it seems like a waste of time...

I've got a full set of 22 alts, doing ALL of them on the new story might get boring, but I can level some of them to 65 doing Nar Shadda and Alderan bonus series, some of them doing a planet quest or two, etc.

There are downsides, but I see the upsides.

I'm not sure it can be done in a poll.

I like the down leveling and the idea of it. Just not all the time.

As an optional game play feature sure. It's got it merits. All the time, every time I log in and go to some planet.

Now I have to say I don't like it because the negatives outweigh the positives.

I am fine with it, the only ones against it just want to feel powerful on lower level planets with this level sync thing, that will never again be the case and they are scared of this change.

Roleplayers aren't scared of the change. They just feel it breaks immersion because of their inability to one shot acolytes. Some people try to claim a skilled acolyte could take on a dark council member at least for a time but in all honesty..

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11115/111155790/4380317-0082750926-43734.png

What could the typical acolyte who could barely lift a rock do against this? In all fairness roleplayers are a small part of the community and the level mechanics are gameplay mechanics which doesn't have to reflect on actual capabilities. Still for some people it's a big deal.

I'd just like to get a feel of the forums general temperature about this change, just a simple for or against with no childish insults from either side to muddy the waters.

I don't see a point to this thread or poll. This poll will be bias and therefore useless.

Edited by Knockerz

Roleplayers aren't scared of the change. They just feel it breaks immersion because of their inability to one shot acolytes. Some people try to claim a skilled acolyte could take on a dark council member at least for a time but in all honesty..

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11115/111155790/4380317-0082750926-43734.png

What could the typical acolyte who could barely lift a rock do against this? In all fairness roleplayers are a small part of the community and the level mechanics are gameplay mechanics which doesn't have to reflect on actual capabilities. Still for some people it's a big deal.

... and at the same time it doesn't really make sense that a highlevel non-Force user can avoid and resist the attacks of a full blown Darth or Jedi Master eternally and yet that's what we're seeing ingame.

Also, I would vote no.

But not because I don't like the feature. I doubt it will affect my personal game play very much, if at all (I'm already a datacron master, Galactic Explorer, Loremaster, etc.). But because I think it's likely to be highly bug ridden (if you need proof, just look at Bolster). As well, it's a significant development by BioWare for 4.0, and must be contributing to why we are not getting any new end game content. No new Ops. No new FPs. No new WarZones. All of which were asked for. Instead, we get this...which essentially NO ONE ever asked for.

... and at the same time it doesn't really make sense that a highlevel non-Force user can avoid and resist the attacks of a full blown Darth or Jedi Master eternally and yet that's what we're seeing ingame.

Not all Darths are equal. One of my favorite examples? Exar Kun. The current grandmaster at the time was prepared for him. He was sitting on a nexus for over a hundred years. Drawing from it. Empowering himself by it. Exar Kun engages him and he tries to sever his ability to use the force. Hits with the technique. Exar Kun completely resists it and one shots him with a single blast of dark side energy.

A good example right here where a master level (grandmaster to be exact) had his attacks shrugged off by a Lord of the Sith.

It's happened the other way around too. Ventress has defeated Jedi Masters but when she fought Yoda he casually prevented her from being able to strike him by using the force. Then he casually pulled her lightsabers from her hand using the force. After reprimanding her he gave them back. She was helpless against him and there was nothing she could do in the face of master Yoda.

Of course you talked about non-force users. Only caught that now and I actually agree with you. That doesn't make sense. Personally SOR and KOTFE barely make sense from a non-force user perspective anyway.

Edited by Rhyltran

Not all Darths are equal. One of my favorite examples? Exar Kun. The current grandmaster at the time was prepared for him. He was sitting on a nexus for over a hundred years. Drawing from it. Empowering himself by it. Exar Kun engages him and he tries to sever his ability to use the force. Hits with the technique. Exar Kun completely resists it and one shots him with a single blast of dark side energy.

A good example right here where a master level (grandmaster to be exact) had his attacks shrugged off by a Lord of the Sith.

So? That's still Force user vs Force user. You can go as a BH or Agent to Balmorra, Sundari Battle zone and engage the Jedi Master (Elite Mob) there and take attacks from said Jedi Master. The first one to die from that encounter will you IRL.

EDIT

Of course you talked about non-force users. Only caught that now and I actually agree with you. That doesn't make sense. Personally SOR and KOTFE barely make sense from a non-force user perspective anyway.

:p

Edited by MFollin

So? That's still Force user vs Force user. You can go as a BH or Agent to Balmorra, Sundari Battle zone and engage the Jedi Master (Elite Mob) there and take attacks from said Jedi Master. The first one to die from that encounter will you IRL.

No, I know. I didn't catch that at first. I did edit my post. Sorry about that. :p

Edited by Rhyltran