Buy crafting skill 500!

Mortelus

The only example of pay to win that I can think of in this game is the cartel pack crystals. There is no investment in time that you can make that will allow you to obtain +41 stat crystals usable by L10, without someone buying a pack. And I guess even them, technically, the PvP striated are +41 L10, maybe?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only example of pay to win that I can think of in this game is the cartel pack crystals. There is no investment in time that you can make that will allow you to obtain +41 stat crystals usable by L10, without someone buying a pack. And I guess even them, technically, the PvP striated are +41 L10, maybe?

Pretty sure Artifice can craft +41 stat crystals usable at level 10 now (the tri color crystals), before that though it was packs only outside of the PVP rewards.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

Heck, they're starting with on level gear, they don't need a crafting skull at all. What they're getting worth this is a prepackaged for convenience L60 with the baseline "stuff" a current subscriber L60 can have. That includes a set of crafting skills. The people who are opting for tthe L60 are getting a fully rounded character. Which includes crafting skills maxed.

Which is a bad idea. They should have to grind the crafting like everyone else as the crafting is not necessary to reach 60.

Are they going to automatically have everything is GSF as well?

etc.

They should not get crafting skills at all.

Which is a bad idea. They should have to grind the crafting like everyone else as the crafting is not necessary to reach 60.

Are they going to automatically have everything is GSF as well?

etc.

They should not get crafting skills at all.

I said this before, and I'll day it again. A crafting skill of less than 500 is useless to a L60 character. They can't DO anything useful for themselves with it. Making them waste the time needed to grind it up to level while they can't use the results for themselves is worse than useless. At least while you were grinding up your skill, you could use the output.

How long does it take you to bring 40 characters to lvl 55 and all crew skills to 500. Somewhat between 3-6 month ? How long does it take Player Y willing to spend $$$? Maybe 30 minutes.

Those characters CAN be used to create a huge amount of credits through crew skills.

How long does it take to earn XXX dollars though? we have no idea how much a free 60'll take yeah? it'll proably cost around 40-50 bucks

i don't know.. i guess i don't really care about it. i got all the chars i want and got every crew skill maxed, i don't even know what i am going to do with my free 60.

a lot of time and a lot of credits went into it, but oh well, it doesn't really hurt me if someone else just pays for it.

i don't know.. i guess i don't really care about it. i got all the chars i want and got every crew skill maxed, i don't even know what i am going to do with my free 60.

a lot of time and a lot of credits went into it, but oh well, it doesn't really hurt me if someone else just pays for it.

I'm making a Powertech, cause I don't have one nor an Armormech, so it's win win it'll also give me a test toon so I don't mess anything up on my 8 mains

Congratulations OP you discovered something that is already available for long time. Shocking news perhaps but your complaint is years behind as you can purchase end game characters with maxed crew skills probably since very first days of this game. Just look on ebay for example. The fact is such activity is breaking ToS but it does not change the fact that it's already available for long time to anybody willing to spend some real money. But nice try anyway. :rolleyes:

On more serious note: some brand new characters with maxed crew skills purchasable from cartel market are not gamebreaking as leveling crew skills is already super easy. This way lazy people with money can give them directly to the devs so they can make new stuff for us all.

Crafters are going to be getting hit hard this expac. Getting gear from PVE will be much easier than before, so the demand for crafted gear will be lower. Also every subscriber gets one free 60 so there will be quite a few people who will at least get a level 60 character.

I was thinking along the same lines. No more comp gear, simplified crafting for everybody, easier access to loot items due to downscaled heroics etc. I'm not an expert in GTN pricing mechanics but I wouldn't be surprised if the the prices for gear of all kinds will see a dramatic drop over the next couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
So with the new free level 60's and the one you can buy, anyone can now get crafting, for free, up to level 500.

Now I am not against people getting or buying level 60's that's fine. But I am against those level 60's getting a free crafting skill and crew skills all the way to 500 without any investment.

This is another kick in the teeth for players who have devoted time and money into their crafters. Also this will saturate the market even more with crafted gear thus making it impossible to make any money from crafting.

It is such a dumb idea for EAWARE to do this.

I can get past the level sync, but not this...

For an eloquent, executive summary of your concerns, please see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZBYLIUqmIs

Chances are only armormech/synthweaving will be available this way...otherwise how they will decide what AC gets what crafting skills?

This is the big thing.

It's all preset crew skills. Based on your class.

So far, I haven't seen a breakdown, but it doesn't appear to cover alot of the ones that actually make money, but rather, require you to have easy access to materials already in play to do anything with it.

I was right - the insta-60's get Armormech or Synthweaving.

And I'm a little surprised at how many schematics remained in archives.

We really ought to be able to handpick our gear and weapon appearance shells, crystal colours (note, I said appearance, not rating, we'd get blue 188 mods, similar to our 60 legacy gear), our crew skills, and whatever else we're given when we start our new 60s.