The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please...About Darth Marr (There might be KotFe Spoilers here be careful...)

Lunafox

I don't think it's possible to...

save Darth Marr at all because later on at the end of Chapter 7 and Chapter 9, we see him as a Force ghost talking with Satele Shan. This means that he is really dead, was impressively strong because few can come back from the dead as a Force Ghost, and that since those scenes are in there, there is no way to save him.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's possible to...

save Darth Marr at all because later on at the end of Chapter 7 and Chapter 9, we see him as a Force ghost talking with Satele Shan. This means that he is really dead, was impressively strong because few can come back from the dead as a Force Ghost, and that since those scenes are in there, there is no way to save him.

Yeah, we've discussed that scene a few times. So far the debate includes the:

1) Actually permanently dead.

2) Force Projection.

3) Hologram.

4) Maybe able to be revived, a la Vitiate (sacrifice of others) or Palpatine (clone possession).

And I'm actually going to more - maybe Marr was elsewhere and we had a clone with us? Or a body double?

I can hope.

As for the red thing... It IS the Empire. Black wouldn't show up on this background and white is boring. :p

Very very true. :p My Inq just finished Makeb and its kinda epic when Darth Marr sais "together we shall reforge the Empire into a force of unity and strength." Something like that. Im like "hell yeah Marr, were partners." :cool:

That was my reaction too. And when he said at Chapter One that between the two of us, he believes we can press the Dark Council into line :D

I got him to 50 a few days ago. If it is possible to save him at the beginning, which I doubt just based on story, then that is NOT the only prerequisite.

I played through and the throne room cutscene is the same. Though, I have, at this point escaped out of that cutscene. He is no longer on my companion list. After waking up in Arcaan's ship, there is a break in cutscenes where you just walk down the hallway to the throne room while cuffed. It seems to me that is where he is removed from you companion list. So, if it even is possible to save him, it would be before that.

And for what it is worth, getting him to 50 did nothing achievement-wise. :(

Aw, that sucks :(. At least now we know for sure. Thank you for your sacrifice :(

Plus I cant recall anywhere, not in any movie or on wookieepedia any Sith that appear as light side looking ghosts. Yes Anakin did in Star Wars 6, but that was once he was redeemed and once again light side. If his ghost was red as in Sith looking that could explain it more. But its blue, as a Jedi. Darth Marr is a true believer in the Sith code.

Maybe you should look harder? There have been several moments where a Sith ghost has appeared, and was blue. Many occur in this game. For instance the Inquisitor's Ancestor and all the other Sith spirits he used in his path to power all appeared to him as blue force ghosts.

Even in KoTOR 1 and 2 there were Sith Spirits who appeared as blue force ghosts. Ajunta Pall for example.

Marka Ragnos frequently appears as a blue force ghost through out the entire Star Wars timeline.

XoXaan, one of the first Sith Lords, trained Darth Krayt as a force ghost several millennia after her death.

Appearance shouldn't be what is confusing about force ghosts though. There is much confusion to what force ghosting is thanks to poor management of lore among all Star Wars stories. Some appear blue, others show up red, some show up as solid bodies looking like zombies. During The Clone Wars, Qui-gon teaches Yoda that force ghosting is something only lightsiders can do, however, in his journey to learn the ability he finds out that Darth Bane who was never lightsided could appear as a spirit as well, though, he showed up as bunch of smoke and embers swarming around what looked like a solid form. Palpatine even says that ancient sith had the power to live on passed death but the technique was lost. Later on, he himself perfects force ghosting to allow himself to possess clones of himself.

All in all though, thanks to Disney pretty much everything outside the 6 movies, The Clone Wars, and Rebels (and also a few of the newer books/comics coming out) is now non-canon :mad::mad::mad::mad: even this lovely game we are all playing :mad::mad::mad::mad: but, if we go by that, then like I stated above, during Clone Wars Yoda found out Sith can indeed force ghost.

Yeah, we've discussed that scene a few times. So far the debate includes the:

1) Actually permanently dead.

2) Force Projection.

3) Hologram.

4) Maybe able to be revived, a la Vitiate (sacrifice of others) or Palpatine (clone possession).

And I'm actually going to more - maybe Marr was elsewhere and we had a clone with us? Or a body double?

I can hope.

As for the red thing... It IS the Empire. Black wouldn't show up on this background and white is boring. :p

No more special snowflakes please.

I got him to 50 a few days ago. If it is possible to save him at the beginning, which I doubt just based on story, then that is NOT the only prerequisite.

I played through and the throne room cutscene is the same. Though, I have, at this point escaped out of that cutscene. He is no longer on my companion list. After waking up in Arcaan's ship, there is a break in cutscenes where you just walk down the hallway to the throne room while cuffed. It seems to me that is where he is removed from you companion list. So, if it even is possible to save him, it would be before that.

And for what it is worth, getting him to 50 did nothing achievement-wise. :(

You see I've constantly been shocked that players aren't raging on forums (since players rage so easily) above the companion that dies in Chapter 8. Since you can spend gifts on them, you'd think that some players would go "What! I spent 2 million credits getting [REDACTED] to Rank 50 and they're gone? BW! I want my credits back!"

Yet I've seen no such threads. Almost gives me hope for TOR Forum posters, almost.

I really love Darth Marr, he is my favorite Dark councillor and I'd go as far as to say favorite NPC too...

I like making him harvest crafting nodes for me. I'll kill a big old robot and I'll be like, "Oh Darth... be a good lad and take care of that for me. Just box up whatever scrap you can salvage and put it in my quarters."

Hm..... I went to a lot of trouble to keep Khem in there. I suppose it would be an appropriate sacrifice. *evil cackle*

Remember Khem with Zash´s voice? xDDD Loool! That was soo freaking weird. But no I wouldnt give him up, I like him. If I had to give up any companion I actually dont despise I would give up Malavai. I dont hate him, only a bit since be betrayed me for the fat meatsack Baras. But k if I had to give up a companion I like...hmm....Scourge. I like him, but he and the Jedi dont match. Yes lets have a Sith being a Jedi´s sidekick...uchum. The moral debates start again. But different, now its more like "why didnt you kill that prisoner?!". Sigh, everyone has an opinion. Either companions complain that your good or they complain that your bad. Their never satisfied, especially not judgy Koth.

I like making him harvest crafting nodes for me. I'll kill a big old robot and I'll be like, "Oh Darth... be a good lad and take care of that for me. Just box up whatever scrap you can salvage and put it in my quarters."

Knowing him, being bound by game mechanics, he'd have to do it, but not without being grumpy about it :D

Knowing him, being bound by game mechanics, he'd have to do it, but not without being grumpy about it :D

Oh he definitely has the scan animation, but I imagine Marr's expression while doing so mirrors the one he gives the Republic character after

He knows how to use that mask to good effect. :)

Oh he definitely has the scan animation, but I imagine Marr's expression while doing so mirrors the one he gives the Republic character after

He knows how to use that mask to good effect. :)

I remember that :D. One does not simply mess with Marr :D

Yes very much so. My Inq just finished Shadow Of Revan and I got the "of everyone else on the Dark Council, I only trust you. The galaxy is ours, let us reach!" I was like "helll yeeeaahh...*cough*, Im honored for your trust Marr. Lets conquer a galaxy!" Lols. If Darth Marr was in Khem and had some weird voice like Zash, it would have ruined that scene.

I like Khem... besides, then Marrs voice woukd end up all weird and hollow/creepy sounding like Zashs did, and i -really- like Marrs voice so double no go...

Yeah, I'd also rather not have Marr's voice altered in any way :p