The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please...About Darth Marr (There might be KotFe Spoilers here be careful...)

Lunafox

All I remember was that and, "Fool..." ... While he beats enemies to death with his fists since I moved his lightsaber to my inventory. :D

Speaking of which, my Imperius uses his lightsaber in cutscenes. Headcanon is Imperius finding and taking up Marr's lightsaber during the events of Chapter 3. It makes battling Arcann that much more epic :)

It took me three characters before I found it. Then I YouTubed it to make sure I heard right. :D

Lol. Another reason Marr rocks, even the he has a sense of humor. No matter how tiny it is. And yeah having Marr´s lightsaber would be cool. But I cant take it from him. If hes really dead it feels wrong. Its his lightsaber, we shouldnt go like "eh, he wont be needing that anymore."

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I remember was that and, "Fool..." ... While he beats enemies to death with his fists since I moved his lightsaber to my inventory. :D

Speaking of which, my Imperius uses his lightsaber in cutscenes. Headcanon is Imperius finding and taking up Marr's lightsaber during the events of Chapter 3. It makes battling Arcann that much more epic :)

Nice! It's awesome we can use his lightsaber, I just wish it was adaptive so we could mod it.

And Marr absolutely quotes the Sith code in one of his combat lines. The ones I remember are:

"Let us proceed" (upon summoning)

"Die"

"Fool"

"Enough"

"More of them"

"Strike them down"

"Through victory, our chains are broken"

"We are not finished..." (upon dismissal)

The level of emotion his voice actor can pack into a single word is pretty impressive. :)

Edited by MissyMI

Nice! It's awesome we can use his lightsaber, I just wish it was adaptive so we could mod it.

And Marr absolutely quotes the Sith code in one of his combat lines. The ones I remember are:

"Let us proceed" (upon summoning)

"Die"

"Fool"

"Enough"

"More of them"

"Strike them down"

"Through victory, our chains are broken"

"We are not finished..." (upon dismissal)

The level of emotion his voice actor can pack into a single word is pretty impressive. :)

Agreed, my formerly "main" character will be forever stuck in chapter 1 so she can run around with Marr as her companion...

Yeah I saw that stuff with Theron. We need the same thing for Marr :p

I only remember him saying, "Through victory, our chains are broken."

Does he really say that? :confused:

I could be surprised when he actually says our, the actual Sith code says "through victory my chains are broken", but it might just be the subtle twist I could see Marr giving it.

Edited by nimmerstil

I might be the only one here...

I was very please that he was killed. Big smile on my face. Sucks that he is a force ghost and all that but I hope he stays like that. I am one of the few Wrath players out there that would have gone with the Emperors plan of consuming everything. Leaving me last. All this was happening and Marr was constantly trying to manipulate me into thinking this is wrong and all also giving me the title the "Empire's" Wrath. What a joke. Stay dead.

I intend to... But the thing is, I'm not sure I want to risk it. :rolleyes:

Yeah if it doesnt work you will have lost a lot of work. But its quite easy to get him as a companion again. Just make a new lvl 60 character and play the story until you get Darth Marr and then back to the fleet.

Honestly, I wouldn't either. Not yet anyway. I've only got Marr to about 12 influence so far, but I'm afraid he'll become unavailable in a future patch. Hasn't stopped me from giving him all my technology and weapons gifts though. :)

Can't have Marr around, he's one of the few Sith we've seen make it to the senior tier of the Dark Council while retaining his perspective and rationality. It's not Star Wars unless the Sith are juvenile cartoonish cardboard villains. :rolleyes:

Apparently. :mad:

Lol. Another reason Marr rocks, even the he has a sense of humor. No matter how tiny it is. And yeah having Marr´s lightsaber would be cool. But I cant take it from him. If hes really dead it feels wrong. Its his lightsaber, we shouldnt go like "eh, he wont be needing that anymore."

Well headcanon is Arcann taking his lightsaber from his corpse and dumping it in the same area we're in when we wake up. Where he keeps his most prized possessions or w/e. We find it and decide to use it against the Eternal Empire. Better than it rotting there collecting dust I say. Besides, we can always send it and Marr off with a proper farewell when we're done. :p

Edited by Ardim

I could be surprised when he actually says our, the actual Sith code says "through victory my chains are broken", but it might just be the subtle twist I could see Marr giving it.

Marr has always been about pragmatism and unity, so... :p

Signature changed. It's simple, but... I like the new addition.

Nice, looks good. I wonder if everyone whos changing their signature to support Marr is using the red color because my signature is red. Because I guess you can say I started this Marr dead or alive coming back to life or not debate. Or just because it looks cool, which it does. :cool:

Nice, looks good. I wonder if everyone whos changing their signature to support Marr is using the red color because my signature is red. Because I guess you can say I started this Marr dead or alive coming back to life or not debate. Or just because it looks cool, which it does. :cool:

Because red is both his color and the color of the Sith/Empire. That's why. Looking cool is just the icing on the cake. :cool:

Edited by Ardim

Because red is both his color and the color of the Sith/Empire. That's why. Looking cool is just the icing on the cake. :cool:

Very very true. :p My Inq just finished Makeb and its kinda epic when Darth Marr sais "together we shall reforge the Empire into a force of unity and strength." Something like that. Im like "hell yeah Marr, were partners." :cool:

I got him to 50 a few days ago. If it is possible to save him at the beginning, which I doubt just based on story, then that is NOT the only prerequisite.

I played through and the throne room cutscene is the same. Though, I have, at this point escaped out of that cutscene. He is no longer on my companion list. After waking up in Arcaan's ship, there is a break in cutscenes where you just walk down the hallway to the throne room while cuffed. It seems to me that is where he is removed from you companion list. So, if it even is possible to save him, it would be before that.

And for what it is worth, getting him to 50 did nothing achievement-wise. :(

I got him to 50 a few days ago. If it is possible to save him at the beginning, which I doubt just based on story, then that is NOT the only prerequisite.

I played through and the throne room cutscene is the same. Though, I have, at this point escaped out of that cutscene. He is no longer on my companion list. After waking up in Arcaan's ship, there is a break in cutscenes where you just walk down the hallway to the throne room while cuffed. It seems to me that is where he is removed from you companion list. So, if it even is possible to save him, it would be before that.

Alright, then either there are more prerequisites then just getting his influence to lvl 50 or we cant save him at all before the throne room scene.

Alright, then either there are more prerequisites then just getting his influence to lvl 50 or we cant save him at all before the throne room scene.

For what it is worth, I escaped out and redid the throne room scene 3 times or so. I was trying to see if I could make other choices, but nothing there mattered. I recorded it If people need proof.

If anything matters, it likely has to be done before you get to the bit where you are walking (not cutscene) down to the throne room.

Edit: Also, I may have to recheck, but I don't think you can say anything in the throne room that Marr approves or disapproves of.

My Marauder is dark 5. I played the ship part completely dark side. I also tried to pick the choices that Marr would approve of, but I'm not positive I got all of them.

Edited by ZXFiveNineAFour

For what it is worth, I escaped out and redid the throne room scene 3 times or so. I was trying to see if I could make other choices, but nothing there mattered. I recorded it If people need proof.

If anything matters, it likely has to be done before you get to the bit where you are walking (not cutscene) down to the throne room.

Edit: Also, I may have to recheck, but I don't think you can say anything in the throne room that Marr approves or disapproves of.

My Marauder is dark 5. I played the ship part completely dark side. I also tried to pick the choices that Marr would approve of, but I'm not positive I got all of them.

Then I assume it is much harder to save Marr then we thought. Or were just not suppose to save him. He is suppose to die and we will get the option to bring him back in Chapter X or later. I at least hope we will get the option to bring him back to life later. If we cant save Marr in anyway or bring him back to life later, then ready the warhorn, time to riot.

Aw, that makes me sad. I was holding out some hope that the Unmarred achievement was still possible, just hidden, but it seems pretty clear now this isn't the case. Thanks so much for letting us know the outcome. Sorry you lost Marr as a companion. :(