The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please...About Darth Marr (There might be KotFe Spoilers here be careful...)

Lunafox

Comparing the two is horribly offensive. That slime in no way matches the worth of Marr. Malgus might be worth sacrificing a few monkey lizards for, though.... If only so I could kill him again.

Agreed. Malgus would betray and try to claim the Empire Marr fights for and defends. Id pay a lot of money to see Marr throw Malgus out of an airlock. Malgus is nothing but a traitor and a worm. He stands for all the bad things in Sith. The greed, power moves. And in the end infighting but on a large scale, like Imperial civil war. Marr stands for the true sith way. The true Sith are basically just guardians and defenders of The Empire who use the force to be even stronger defenders. Darth Marr is the ultimate icon and figure of a true Sith. Which is one reason my main is like a Marr 2.0 personality wise. In every decision after Marr´s death or "death" I always ask myself "what would Marr do?".

Edited by AkeroStar

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact, I think establishing Marr and Satele as being on good terms and working together, may be setting the player up to pick one of them later on. That lets the players make a big decision that will affect the fate of two MAJOR characters. However the story won't need to diverse much, because now that they are 'on the same side', they essentially fullfill the same role: the older wiser force-user who can advise you, command an army, etc. (And maybe the one you don't save, hangs around as a force ghost and occasionally appears to say something wise).

Wow, that's a really interesting idea. Now I kind of hope it happens. Sorry Satele, my Sith characters would sacrifice you in a heartbeat if it meant reviving Marr. :)

While I'd really love for him to be brought back to life somehow, there is one thing that worries me a bit. Marr's vision of his own death shaped his character in many ways. He devoted himself to making the Empire great because he didn't expect to live much longer. But a revived Marr, especially if he possesses a younger body, wouldn't necessarily have the same motivation. I just wonder if his character (and a lot of qualities I like about his personality) would remain the same.

+1

I would rock Marr as my Ghost companion! Think about how awesome it would be to have a force ghost tanking for you! Also I think Satelle and Marr should become the quasi alliance council, while I rain supreme as emperor er commander :D

For imperials Marr has always treated us like an equal and friend. Its really a first when playing inquisitor lol

+1

I would rock Marr as my Ghost companion! Think about how awesome it would be to have a force ghost tanking for you! Also I think Satelle and Marr should become the quasi alliance council, while I rain supreme as emperor er commander :D

For imperials Marr has always treated us like an equal and friend. Its really a first when playing inquisitor lol

Marr did not treat the Agent as an equal.

Agreed. Malgus would betray and try to claim the Empire Marr fights for and defends. Id pay a lot of money to see Marr throw Malgus out of an airlock. Malgus is nothing but a traitor and a worm. He stands for all the bad things in Sith. The greed, power moves. And in the end infighting but on a large scale, like Imperial civil war. Marr stands for the true sith way. The true Sith are basically just guardians and defenders of The Empire who use the force to be even stronger defenders. Darth Marr is the ultimate icon and figure of a true Sith. Which is one reason my main is like a Marr 2.0 personality wise. In every decision after Marr´s death or "death" I always ask myself "what would Marr do?".

I actually have a second Sith Warrior, Darth Kryzer, who's just like that. Even gave him the Reaver set with the closest colors I could manage along with the same lightsaber hilt as Marr.

Also, signature edited to show my support for Marr. :)

I actually have a second Sith Warrior, Darth Kryzer, who's just like that. Even gave him the Reaver set with the closest colors I could manage along with the same lightsaber hilt as Marr.

Yup, Darth Marr alive or back to life has plenty of support. And yeah Reaver armor rocks! :cool:

I just dont get how a few people dont like Darth Marr, whats not to like?! Hes epic, skilled warrior, experienced leader. And hes the best of the Sith with his purpose only being to defend the Empire. Thats how all Sith should be.

Its clear when you play a few Imperial classes that Darth Marr gets closest to the Inq. My Inq and Marr are buds...in a Sith way. Darth Marr and Wrath/Sith Warrior, they dont really get as "close" as Inq and Marr.

They should at least offer an option to save him with a very dire consequence instead of outright killing him with no chance to do anything about it. Him and HK-55.

Again agreed. That is one reason I really dont like Marr´s death or supposed death. But at the same time like it has been said before. It would be pointless to add the choice to save Marr or HK because obviously everyone would choose to save them. My guess is that BW wants us to work for it a bit. Its possible the choice to bring back both or either of them will be presented in the future. But saving one of them or both will likely have dire consequences and repercussions.

Like, say we have to give one life for another. But I wouldnt really mind that. If I had to trade one companion for Marr and HK or just Marr, I would trade Koth in a heartbeat. Koth is like Carth from KOTOR, so moral, he just bugs me. Yes Koth, lets take time to save the civilians when were being chased by Vaylin and the entire military of the Eternal Empire. After escaping from carbonite and when we are at the moment weak and dying! -_- Sigh Koth, bad timing to be moral.

Edited by AkeroStar

Yes, he makes it very clear he'd rather work with others (presumably Sith) instead of the bounty hunter or agent. But Marr still rewards them for a job well done. However, he treats the Warrior or Inquisitor much more like an ally.

That's one of the reasons I've played through the expansion with my agent, but will probably hold off indefinitely with my Inquisitor until all the story chapters are released. It seems rather unlikely now that player choice affects Marr's fate (living or dead), but I'd rather wait until we know for sure.

That is awesome! I love the signature support for Marr! I hope other Marr fans will join in :D

Equal may not be the best word. Even though he's pragmatic, Marr was still a Sith adhering to Sith society. However, he did treat both the agent and bounty hunter with incredible respect on both Makeb and Yavin.

And more to the main topic of the thread, I am seriously still sad about Marr's death weeks later. He was my favorite NPC in the game.

Edited by Beltane

Equal may not be the best word. Even though he's pragmatic, Marr was still a Sith adhering to Sith society. However, he did treat both the agent and bounty hunter with incredible respect on both Makeb and Yavin.

And more to the main topic of the thread, I am seriously still sad about Marr's death weeks later. He was my favorite NPC in the game.

Whos not still sad about Darth Marr´s fate. Just bringing up the contacts list and seeing him with HK as a dead person is enough to dampen the mood. But since we know so little about Marr I really doubt his story is over. No one knows anything about him. And with each new expansion his character has grown. Hes one of the bigger once now, we have to learn more about him. There are 3 things that can happen with Marr in the future. A. Though possibly unlikely, hes alive somehow. B. He is really dead but will come back to life. Or C, the worst, hes really dead and is not coming back to life.

Personally Im hoping for B. Yes I know Im the one whos been arguing like a nut that hes alive. But it would be a lot easier to explain coming back to life. And I guess I have to admit that seeing Marr as a ghost figure makes it very hard to deny that hes dead. Plus this way if he comes back to life its possible he returns to a healthier and stronger version of himself. Also Im kind of excited and hopeful that we will have to make some mega choice. "In order to bring Darth Marr back to life, you have to .......". Sacrifice a companion, blow up a moon or something. If it is going to be realistic and fit with previous similar situations that BW has made in other games, it will be a hard choice. The consequences of that choice will no doubt be dire.

Yup, Darth Marr alive or back to life has plenty of support. And yeah Reaver armor rocks! :cool:

I just dont get how a few people dont like Darth Marr, whats not to like?! Hes ******, epic, skilled warrior, experienced leader. And hes the best of the Sith with his purpose only being to defend the Empire. Thats how all Sith should be.

Its clear when you play a few Imperial classes that Darth Marr gets closest to the Inq. My Inq and Marr are buds...in a Sith way. Darth Marr and Wrath/Sith Warrior, they dont really get as "close" as Inq and Marr.

Yeah, when I was playing an pro-Empire Inq/Imperius, I really felt like partners with Marr. Or his wingman, but I was totally cool with it. :D

I could easily see the two being back-to-back ******es against hordes of enemies. :cool:

That is awesome! I love the signature support for Marr! I hope other Marr fans will join in :D

*Goes up to others*

Excuse me, do you have time to talk about our Lord and Savior, Darth Marr? :D

Edited by Ardim

Wonder how many different Marr quote signatures we can drum up...

Still running around Korriban with him BTW Luna, and i made a few people confused when i used Companion Dance... lol :D

Everyone has said it so well already, but I just wanted to add my support also. I'm a huge Revan fangirl, but Darth Marr is hands down my absolute favorite NPC. Everything he says and the way he says it is so inspiring! The hubby has a major bromance thing going on for him too.

Darth Marr fo-evah!

That actually might NOT be a force ghost.

Yes, for all intents and purposes, it looks JUST like one... However, he could easily replicate it such a look using a hard to master force technique: Force Phantom

The key requisites for the ability (other than knowledge of how to use it):

- Immense force of will (check)

- Incredible amount of force power (check)

Other than that, the rest goes part and parcel with knowledge of the ability. If Marr indeed knows this ability, he very well could be imprisoned, or playing dead. However, I am unsure if Bioware was aware of such an ability or willing to use it in such a case... :(

Just a reminder of something I brought up earlier.

Yeah, when I was playing an pro-Empire Inq/Imperius, I really felt like partners with Marr. Or his wingman, but I was totally cool with it. :D

I could easily see the two being back-to-back ******es against hordes of enemies. :cool:

*Goes up to others*

Excuse me, do you have time to talk about our Lord and Savior, Darth Marr? :D

Bahahahaa :D Yeah, that's me. Soooo...who's up to the challenge of a Save Darth Marr Quote Siggy? :cool:

Wonder how many different Marr quote signatures we can drum up...

Still running around Korriban with him BTW Luna, and i made a few people confused when i used Companion Dance... lol :D

It would be fun to see wouldn't it :D I know we got quite a few with our pink Theron sigs. Good times, made loads of new forum friends :D Omg, lol. I can just picture it Xia, you and Darth Marr cutting the rug on fleet. Awesome stuff :D

Just a reminder of something I brought up earlier.

I know Silenceo, I agree. That is one reason I think Marr is alive. But I wont deny the possibility that he could be dead for real, but coming back to life in the future.

Bahahahaa :D Yeah, that's me. Soooo...who's up to the challenge of a Save Darth Marr Quote Siggy? :cool:

It would be fun to see wouldn't it :D I know we got quite a few with our pink Theron sigs. Good times, made loads of new forum friends :D Omg, lol. I can just picture it Xia, you and Darth Marr cutting the rug on fleet. Awesome stuff :D

Lol, I didnt think of a contest when I made my signature. I just wanted to reflect the Empire and present my main character. And now show everyone Im in full support of seeing Marr alive somehow in the future of the FE story. I also couldnt resist adding a part of the Sith code that works as a Darth Marr quote because he sais it in the FE story.

Edited by AkeroStar

I know Silenceo, I agree. That is one reason I think Marr is alive. But I wont deny the possibility that he could be dead for real, but coming back to life in the future.

Lol, I didnt think of a contest when I made my signature. I just wanted to reflect the Empire and present my main character. And now show everyone Im in full support of seeing Marr alive somehow in the future of the FE story. I also couldnt resist adding a part of the Sith code that works as a Darth Marr quote because he sais it in the FE story.

Oh, it's not really a contest, I didn't think of it that way when I did mine either. I just wanted to show my support for Marr and my desire to have him back preferably alive and well and hanging out with me :D But a similar thing was done when we were unsure of Theron's fate in the new xpac, and it was pretty fun to see all the different sigs people came up with. It was a bit of fun, I figured we could try again for Darth Marr, if people want to. :D

Edited by Lunafox

Oh, it's not really a contest, I didn't think of it that way when I did mine either. I just wanted to show my support for Marr and my desire to have him back preferably alive and well and hanging out with me :D But a similar thing was done when we were unsure of Theron's fate in the new xpac, and it was pretty fun to see all the different sigs people came up with. It was a bit of fun, I figured we could try again for Darth Marr, if people want to. :D

Yeah I saw that stuff with Theron. We need the same thing for Marr :p

I also couldnt resist adding a part of the Sith code that works as a Darth Marr quote because he sais it in the FE story.

I only remember him saying, "Through victory, our chains are broken."

Does he really say that? :confused:

Edited by Ardim

Yeah I saw that stuff with Theron. We need the same thing for Marr :p

I only remember him saying, "Through victory, our chains are broken."

Does he really say that? :confused:

I do recall hearing him say the latter...I think it's during chapter one. I'll have to look back through my fraps and see, but yeah, I'm 99% sure he does :D

I do recall hearing him say the latter...I think it's during chapter one. I'll have to look back through my fraps and see, but yeah, I'm 99% sure he does :D

All I remember was that and, "Fool..." ... While he beats enemies to death with his fists since I moved his lightsaber to my inventory. :D

Speaking of which, my Imperius uses his lightsaber in cutscenes. Headcanon is Imperius finding and taking up Marr's lightsaber during the events of Chapter 3. It makes battling Arcann that much more epic :)

And yes!! I remember that chuckle and I loved that. I thought it was awesome. It's so him. :cool:

It took me three characters before I found it. Then I YouTubed it to make sure I heard right. :D

Edited by Ardim