7 minute KOTFE video and another playthrough

SaerethDL

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

these two videos will keep me from needing to be on the twitch stream now the chapter one stuff is already up on ign. its the only reason why i would of been watching it. but as stated, no need now. Edited by Celise

Looks great, but one major note is that the person playing completely sucked. The gameplay walk through is supposed to be a marketing move as well to get those on the border to jump on board, and frankly, if I saw that and wasn't already years of experienced with swtor, it would probably discourage me from playing due to just how bad the player was, because ppl can look and think at that as "oh so that's how combat is in this game.... Lol" I know a bit of an extreme accusation but that's how ppl are. So, great vid minus the horrible player playing....

And it's only 5 more levels before you reach the max LV65.. I guess the expansion is really a very short expansion eh..

If you base it on the level cap it's your problem. With 900exp points per kill on average as appeared on screen, it will take a while for that fatass in the video to even reach 61, let alone 65. The more you climb, the more time you need to fill the exp bar. It's not like lv1 and lv60 start with the same amount of exp points. Plus, subscribers only get 1 free lv60, if they don't want to pay for more and don't have any other lv60 available, they'll have to create a new lv1 and start from the beginning.

Looks great, but one major note is that the person playing completely sucked. The gameplay walk through is supposed to be a marketing move as well to get those on the border to jump on board, and frankly, if I saw that and wasn't already years of experienced with swtor, it would probably discourage me from playing due to just how bad the player was, because ppl can look and think at that as "oh so that's how combat is in this game.... Lol" I know a bit of an extreme accusation but that's how ppl are. So, great vid minus the horrible player playing....

Well more to come if these players bought new a LV60 character, max it to LV65 (5 levels take less than half a day) and to pvp/warzone!!! Nice isn't it?

Well more to come if these players bought new a LV60 character, max it to LV65 (5 levels take less than half a day) and to pvp/warzone!!! Nice isn't it?

thats assuming if these 5 levels are not spread over the entire kotfe storyline, if its the case that half a day could be along the line of several days.

If you base it on the level cap it's your problem. With 900exp points per kill on average as appeared on screen, it will take a while for that fatass in the video to even reach 61, let alone 65. The more you climb, the more time you need to fill the exp bar. It's not like lv1 and lv60 start with the same amount of exp points. Plus, subscribers only get 1 free lv60, if they don't want to pay for more and don't have any other lv60 available, they'll have to create a new lv1 and start from the beginning.

You might have forgotten the reward he will be receiving after completing the quest. And old/new subscribers able to purchase new LV60 characters off from store.

Edited by Kary

Haha... Ya I am not looking forward to crappy teams with bought 60s that did 5levels worth of learning, but it is what it is.

thats assuming if these 5 levels are not spread over the entire kotfe storyline, if its the case that half a day could be along the line of several days.

They won't be over the course of a years worth long storyline.... They are boosting all ops and pve to 65, so why do that if it's gonna be a year till you can do that? Also, these things called dailies would be grounded out for those not a fan of just doing pvp. Pvp gives experience and can hit 65 easy. So even tacking on an extra day or two of learning a class fresh to swtor is not gonna make much of a difference really.

I think you are right. But I'm sure that's IGN playing and not a SWTOR person. It seems like BW gave IGN the ability to play through and IGN chose one of their manager types to do it. lol

Ah well, I think we will see better play throughs in the next few days. IGN couldn't have gotten this exclusive or could they?

Looks great, but man, I had to skip most of fights, as it was to painful to watch. Has he never played this game before? He even hadn´t activate run or used Unnatural Might and like was already mentioned, he hadnt used most of abilities, not to mention managing to get freezed by AoE with ridicuously long casting time.

But graphics look nice, design of enemies as well, ending was awesome-"perhaps today is a good day to die, prepare for RAMMING SPEED!" Regarding Marr as companion, question is, is he permanent, or only Guest, like we have in story mission, when we first met some companions, we have them as guest. Doesnt´t mean I dont want him, I want him soooo much, much more than for example Lana, he embodies reason and strength of Empire.

empire and republic are working together on the same ship, the perverseness of the whole thing is making me grin each time, both sides are so polar opposite and they are allies and still dont trust each other yet they need each other, heavily implied in the conservations of the various npc crew, darth marr and those soliders.

think of this like Allies of WW2, same polar opposite but they needed each other

I think you are right. But I'm sure that's IGN playing and not a SWTOR person. It seems like BW gave IGN the ability to play through and IGN chose one of their manager types to do it. lol

Ah well, I think we will see better play throughs in the next few days. IGN couldn't have gotten this exclusive or could they?

As what you said, IGN playing and not any exp players playing a "LV60 Character." This video already shown us how bad can be a player buy a LV60 character and jump into end-game contents in less than few days or perhaps even hours.

They won't be over the course of a years worth long storyline.... They are boosting all ops and pve to 65, so why do that if it's gonna be a year till you can do that? Also, these things called dailies would be grounded out for those not a fan of just doing pvp. Pvp gives experience and can hit 65 easy. So even tacking on an extra day or two of learning a class fresh to swtor is not gonna make much of a difference really.

think of it like this, once all 16 chapters are out of the box, thats around 16-32hours play there over multiple days. having it over all the chapters would make sense so there is a reason to complete the storyline instead of avoiding it on alts at a later date. only 9 chapters will be out for this year, so thats upto what 63? you can make the levels by grinding dailies, but onces its all out one day...

Edited by Celise

think of it like this, once all 16 chapters are out of the box, thats around 16-32hours play there over multiple days. having it over all the chapters would make sense so there is a reason to complete the storyline instead of avoiding it on alts at a later date. only 9 chapters will be out for this year, so thats upto what 63? you can make the levels by grinding dailies, but onces its all out one day...

You don't get it. Even if the first 9 chapters only get me 63. I will pvp to hit 65 and that will take maybe a day or 2 cuz that's what most will do to hit 65 regardless IF that were the case since dailies prob won't come with KOTFE. So either way, 2-3 days tops on the unfortunate end of the spectrum to hit 65 from 60. Still not enough time for a brand new never played swtor player to learn much of anything about their classes abilities, and then jump into endgame GF and LFR.... It'll be interesting and frustrating, but hopefully experienced players will help those not so experienced.

You don't get it. Even if the first 9 chapters only get me 63. I will pvp to hit 65 and that will take maybe a day or 2 cuz that's what most will do to hit 65 regardless IF that were the case since dailies prob won't come with KOTFE. So either way, 2-3 days tops on the unfortunate end of the spectrum to hit 65 from 60. Still not enough time for a brand new never played swtor player to learn much of anything about their classes abilities, and then jump into endgame GF and LFR.... It'll be interesting and frustrating, but hopefully experienced players will help those not so experienced.

Our guild plans to recruit these new players and bring them into the fold. Good for the guild and good for the players.

Our guild plans to recruit these new players and bring them into the fold. Good for the guild and good for the players.

That's awesome and that's what should happen. Obviously the prog guilds that go server first, hardcore, etc... Aren't expected nor will they take on the noobs, but as long as guilds are willing to open up and take new players under the wing for a bit till they can walk on their own, and assuming the new player isn't a pompous idiot who is stubborn, then really the game has a chance of "revival" in general.

Edited by LegionAlpha

OP, here is Gamespots video. Seems better. Just in case you want to put it on the original post.

So much for Marr, I guess :confused::confused::confused::sul_frown:

But at least it is clear, what Emperor had as his hobby and why he hasn´t interfered with Sith Empire day-to-day bussines, and nice, that BW hasn´t added yet another villain, without solving Vitiate.

Also, are there any more information on who Vaylin is? Is she some kind of Emperor´s Hand? If so, she has wrong hair color.:D

So much for Marr, I guess :confused::confused::confused::sul_frown:

But at least it is clear, what Emperor had as his hobby and why he hasn´t interfered with Sith Empire day-to-day bussines, and nice, that BW hasn´t added yet another villain, without solving Vitiate.

Also, are there any more information on who Vaylin is? Is she some kind of Emperor´s Hand? If so, she has wrong hair color.:D

I don't think Marr is "gone". But we will see. I do think that his character was written exactly the way one would expect.

You don't get it. Even if the first 9 chapters only get me 63. I will pvp to hit 65 and that will take maybe a day or 2 cuz that's what most will do to hit 65 regardless IF that were the case since dailies prob won't come with KOTFE.

you made my point the first part so i dont see what your problem is there, and as for the dailies? what you forgot ziost? as far as i know when you hit level 63 and that daily chain is level 60, its perfectly valid to play from even if your level 65. but you should also consider there could be dailies for kotfe.

So either way, 2-3 days tops on the unfortunate end of the spectrum to hit 65 from 60. Still not enough time for a brand new never played swtor player to learn much of anything about their classes abilities, and then jump into endgame GF and LFR.... It'll be interesting and frustrating, but hopefully experienced players will help those not so experienced.

be it as it may, thats probably all you will get when the whole thing arrives and thats the point i was making. now i was not arguing what a new player would want or what an experienced player would want, what my point i was making which seems to escape you even though you are repeating my point for me, is that the expansion could reach over all the chapters for 5 levels and if its stuck at level 63, you find a way to deal with it with grinding. thats it, nothing more nothing less.

Edited by Celise

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.