Why scaling should not be optional

Upirlikhyi

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happy either way they do it, I will be playing mostly at level 65 anyway :tran_smile:

This is my stance as well. But, I do think there will be a new level of excitement created if you got to a planet a max level. You can't just simply stand in front of mobs taking no damage. You will have to watch out and remember that you are not a god. lol

Ah, and world bosses and the weekly associated with it become relevant and a challenge again.

entitlement: the feeling or belief that you deserve to be given something

You do have a very entitled outlook. You feel a group (level appropriate) is more entitled to world boss than people who are higher level. Right there is entitlement. Just because you use "ours" doesn't make it any less of an entitled statement. You still believe that level appropriate deserve the world boss more than someone else.

And what about you? Do you believe that higher levels deserve to face roll a world boss because they have capped? lol. Being capped entitles you to those privileges?

Nah, this isn't about entitlement. You want to kill a WB you have to work at it. You have to a get a team to do it. That is not entitlement, that is working to achieve something that should be hard to do at any level.

And btw, you are not gated. You choose to do things solo only and so you gate yourself.

I'll be 100% honest I totally forgot about Datacrons being in Heroic 4 areas. I haven't spent much time on gathering them since I came back

Yeah, but don't listen to the alarmist. Nothing will be blocked or impossible. All you need to do is be creative. Yes, some things will require a group, but so what? If you are in a guild, that is easily remedied. And my guess is that H4's, for example, will suddenly become relevant again even if you are not in a guild. People will be looking for groups.

You are not entitled to do anything solo. You are required to work for your rewards. And hey, I think it is great that grouping is not irrelevant. This is an MMO.

As for datacrons? Amping up the challenge makes them worth more IMO. Having to worry about mobs in an area, or finding ways to sneak into an enemy faction area to get your datacron will be great fun.

And what about you? Do you believe that higher levels deserve to face roll a world boss because they have capped? lol. Being capped entitles you to those privileges?

Nah, this isn't about entitlement. You want to kill a WB you have to work at it. You have to a get a team to do it. That is not entitlement, that is working to achieve something that should be hard to do at any level.

And btw, you are not gated. You choose to do things solo only and so you gate yourself.

Any player has the same right to kill a world boss. Whether solo at max level or as group being at level. NO ONE deserver anything in this game more than another player. That is not entitlement because everyone has the same right. Unlike you who believe some player have the solo rights to world bosses. If a player wants less of a challenge by being higher level that should have that right. Player shouldn't be forced to play the game how you want or believe it should be played.

Edited by Warrgames

See Allamirr's post, the problem is most definitely not solved.

Thus my use of the word "many" (with "most?" in parentheses).

But I fail to see what tragedy will occur should people find themselves unable to easily solo the FPs that don't have a solo mode. So in reality there is no "problem" that needs to be "solved."

Edited by branmakmuffin

do the current ones drop those items in group mode? Mind you I have honestly never done them in group mode as the GF was taking forever so forgive me for not knowing...

Story mode you get lots of gear drops and a chance at a decoration. Hard mode flashpoints also drop lots of gear and a chance at pets & mounts. The bonus boss guarantees a decoration. Tacticals have a small chance of dropping gear, pets & mounts.

Any player has the same right to kill a world boss. Whether solo at max level or as group being at level. NO ONE deserver anything in this game more than another player. That is not entitlement because everyone has the same right. Unlike you who believe some player have the solo rights to world bosses. If a player wants less of a challenge by being higher level that should have that right. Player shouldn't be forced to play the game how you want or believe it should be played.

Wrong. Sorry, but that is a complete misunderstanding of what an MMO is and what you as a player are getting into here.

WBs were not and are not meant to be solo'ed. That is why they are WBs. You have to work hard to achieve a kill and that will include a group. If you don't want the challenge or want less of a challenge then you can choose other things. And that doesn't preclude you from jumping in a group forming to take down said boss at any time and letting others do all the work for you. lol

You think you are entitled to your own brand of gameplay, and you are. But the devs force you to play in a particular way. Lol. That is why you play, in fact, this type of game or maybe that is why you shouldn't play this game. This isn't a democracy. You don't need a bill of rights to play here.

Bravo to the devs for making things interesting again!

My opinions are my own, I speak for no one, but if you don't realize that grouping and challenging content is a part of an MMO, which this still is btw, then I think you may be looking for another type of game.

Story mode you get lots of gear drops and a chance at a decoration. Hard mode flashpoints also drop lots of gear and a chance at pets & mounts. The bonus boss guarantees a decoration. Tacticals have a small chance of dropping gear, pets & mounts.

thank you i was not aware of this....

What those opposed to this seek to preserve is group-level rewards (e.g., guaranteed decoration drop from HM FP bonus bonuses) for what has essentially become solo content. There should be solo content and group content in an MMO. If currently easily soloable group content starts needing a group again, big deal. The game still has plenty of solo content.

Edited by branmakmuffin

What those opposed to this seek to preserve is group-level rewards (e.g., guaranteed decoration drop from HM FP bonus bonuses) for what has essentially become solo content. There should be solo content and group content in an MMO. If currently easily soloable group content starts needing a group again, big deal. The game still has plenty of solo content.

well said...there should be a acceptable level of solo and group content in the game. I prefer to level solo but like doing FP's but the GF as a dps is horrid...

i hope the changes they have planned to it work

Wrong. Sorry, but that is a complete misunderstanding of what an MMO is and what you as a player are getting into here.

WBs were not and are not meant to be solo'ed. That is why they are WBs. You have to work hard to achieve a kill and that will include a group. If you don't want the challenge or want less of a challenge then you can choose other things. And that doesn't preclude you from jumping in a group forming to take down said boss at any time and letting others do all the work for you. lol

You think you are entitled to your own brand of gameplay, and you are. But the devs force you to play in a particular way. Lol. That is why you play, in fact, this type of game or maybe that is why you shouldn't play this game. This isn't a democracy. You don't need a bill of rights to play here.

My opinions are my own, I speak for no one, but if you don't realize that grouping and challenging content is a part of an MMO, which this still is btw, then I think you may be looking for another type of game.

Now you are dictating what an mmo is? How a player in mmo should be playing? You got some serous control issues. MMO are moving away from having to spend every second logged into the game grouped. Just look at what BW has official release for KotFE versus this rumor. You clearly aren't worth anymore of time since you believe people have to play a mmo the way you want them to or they are wrong.

Edited by Warrgames

Exactly. And then people wonder why they are bored. lol.

well said...there should be a acceptable level of solo and group content in the game. I prefer to level solo but like doing FP's but the GF as a dps is horrid...

i hope the changes they have planned to it work

I'll be the first to admit I am taking advantage of the easy soloabilty of level 50 HMs for the decorations. But if and when that ceases, I'm not gonna shed any tears. I would be able to queue for the level 65 versions of the HMs if I really wanted to (not that I would be likely to, but I would still have the option).

Now you are dictating what an mmo is? How a player in mmo should be playing? You got some serous control issues. MMO are moving away from having to spend every second logged into the game grouped. Just look at what BW has official release for KotFE versus this rumor. You clearly aren't worth anymore of time since you believe people have to play a mmo the way you want them to or they are wrong.

You clearly aren't worth anymore of time since you have to try control how

Easy chief. No need for ad hominem attacks. I didn't call you lazy did I? Talk about your self control. lol

Maybe the time has come for you to find an MMO that caters more to your play style? A faceroll game where you have a right to instant rewards, P2W style. I'm sure they are out there. And really, I never asked for your time so, kudos! Hope you find what you are looking for, but in the meantime keep your sub right here. It will help us fund the next series of content drops.

I'll be the first to admit I am taking advantage of the easy soloabilty of level 50 HMs for the decorations. But if and when that ceases, I'm not gonna shed any tears. I would be able to queue for the level 65 versions of the HMs if I really wanted to (not that I would be likely to, but I would still have the option).

I will also admit I don't do a lot of soloing old FP's I am not really into the decor thing and I probably miss a lot of stuff the way I focus on certain things

Decorations from the less frequently run FPs (e.g., Lost Island, Directive 7) sell for decent creds on the GTN.

hmmm....as i just found out that the completed bounty contracts can be bought (haven't checked) and I need 50 as I just found they have a schem for a dye pack I might have to do this

hmmm....as i just found out that the completed bounty contracts can be bought (haven't checked) and I need 50 as I just found they have a schem for a dye pack I might have to do this

The BBA rep vendor sells 2 dye schematics (or maybe you meant they sell only one that you like; is it the brown and red or the pink and white :p).

Edited by branmakmuffin

You keep mentioning how things "should be" or are "supposed to be" and yet how SWTOR is completely contradicts you. Devs can be wrong, and especially changing something like this that has been in place since the beginning needs to have a good reason, and needs to consider how changing it affects players. Because no matter how you or the devs think things should be, this is how things are and this is how players have been playing it for years.

The BBA rep vendor sells 2 dye schematics (or maybe you meant they sell only one that you like; is it the brown and red or the pink and white :p).

yea i just found that out yesterday i had never done anything with BBA and yes i meant only 1 i want its the pink and white

All these discussions could be prevented if BW would FINALLY (yes, I'm yelling at them) give us the information that they have been promising for months.

It's beyond ridiculous by now that they are still keeping it all a secret.

Eric, where is your promised blog for this week about streamlined levelling? It is time! You see what the lack of information is doing? What is the point? What is the reason that you have still not told us anything official about these things. I don't understand you.

That said, I didn't make my chars the (rp) most powerful people (more or less) in the galaxy just to fight a level 1 Flesh Raider on Tython, because he is attacking me. My Sith Inquisitor is so powerful that he electrocutes each and everyone at will with a snap of his finger. It is unthinkable that one of those ugly snails on Korriban could stand a millisecond against him. The Revanites on Yavin are well trained. They deserve the try to hit him, but that's it. If the Zakuuls are even stronger than fair game. But those badly assembled droids on Nar Shaddaa shut off themselves if I just look at them.

If I would have to fight all those stupid mobs on low level planets again, I don't want to visit those planets ever again. It has been tedious back then. It will be tedious if the world scaling occurs. That's how I see it. As for FPs and the likes: As long as I dont get official information about how they will exactly do it, I am not able to make up my mind about it.

You keep mentioning how things "should be" or are "supposed to be" and yet how SWTOR is completely contradicts you. Devs can be wrong, and especially changing something like this that has been in place since the beginning needs to have a good reason, and needs to consider how changing it affects players. Because no matter how you or the devs think things should be, this is how things are and this is how players have been playing it for years.

Hmm how things are versus how they should be can be a contradiction. I'm not sure what you mean. Regardless, if all of this comes to fruition, things are going to change for the better IMO. The game could be much livelier as result, so players will adjust or not, but bending over backwards to please all is never possible.

So I welcome the change. I am also looking forward to new players that will never know the difference and well as the old vets who can take advantage of knowing the in and outs. Optional scaling is not needed to please a faction of players.