Thank you Bioware.

SaerethDL

I just wanna thank Bioware for the direction the game is going. I don't remember a performance patch in the 3-4 years the game has been running. On my rig at least, the game looks more beautiful, runs a lot smoother, and loads a heck of a lot faster. Things like this makes me want to continue subbing to the game, and I can't wait for KOTFE.

I'm so glad bioware is starting to invest in their game and stand by it. I think with more of these performance updates, bug updates, and content updates, maybe the player base will actually grow and don't forget the new star wars movies to help boost numbers. If i was bioware and had the money, I would slap a SWTOR advertisement so fast in the new force awakens movie. The more you invest in your game bioware, the more people like me will want to invest in the game too. Thanks for all your hard work!

Agreed. I am sure this person also doesn't care about consoles He doesn't noticed rendering in at different ranges to varying degrees. Kudos BioWare. Please continue to improve this game and ignore the folks who seemingly want it all with no compromises. We realize it's hard to get performance and quality done right. You're on the right track. Thanks!

Just posting in a positive thread for a change :p

I think it can be easy to get caught up in the things we want in or don't want to lose from the game. I'm taking this moment to appreciate the things that I am happy about such as the renewed focus on story element and dumping companion gearing :D

Cant wait for KoTFE to go live and see the new lay of the land :cool:

I LOVE this patch. I've noticed so many little details. The way npc's move when they are defeated is smoother, loading is faster, the lighting from certain events, like using QT, is more dynamic.

And best of all....

I can hear MUSIC in the game:D I swear I have never heard the music so frequently in this game. I'm noticing themes on planets I've never heard before. For example, I had no idea that driving around the frozen wastes of Hoth played one theme, but when you are near the starship graveyard at the end, the music changes and it sets the mood perfectly.

I don't know if this was intended, but PLEASE don't make it go away, as music has always been an important part in Star Wars stories:)

I LOVE this patch. I've noticed so many little details. The way npc's move when they are defeated is smoother, loading is faster, the lighting from certain events, like using QT, is more dynamic.

And best of all....

I can hear MUSIC in the game:D I swear I have never heard the music so frequently in this game. I'm noticing themes on planets I've never heard before. For example, I had no idea that driving around the frozen wastes of Hoth played one theme, but when you are near the starship graveyard at the end, the music changes and it sets the mood perfectly.

I don't know if this was intended, but PLEASE don't make it go away, as music has always been an important part in Star Wars stories:)

holy crap i thought i was the only one hearing music now... people on dromund kass told me it was all in my head.

I don't see or feel any difference at all, load times are the same for me.

Every MMO game is a unique beast, we should be thankful that we have SWTOR to play. It's a troubled genre these days. The cost of production is so incredibly high and the revenue curve is absolutely brutal.

There are a lot of things done right in SWTOR, and as in every game a lot of mind-boggling things done wrong. But that's how it is, it's like a relationship with a person, if you love 80% of who they are and can put up with the other 20% you are lucky.

If 100 people had the power to create an MMO we'd have 100 different MMO's. What you like and want in a game is mostly subjective. But, there are foundation expectations of every game, those being stable servers, good performance, low number of bugs, intuitive user interfaces, wide selection of user settings or customization, engaging storyline, challenging gameplay for the harder players and access to the meat and potatoes of the game for casuals, good PvP for the PvP crowd, etc etc.

SWTOR was incredibly expensive to produce, like any major project it was behind schedule and over budget, and the investors were getting nervous. It was released a year too soon in it's development cycle and it showed (and still shows). MMO's make 90% of their return up front and SWTOR is now in the tail of it's life cycle. Still a good game to play until (if?) another MMO on this level comes out.

I see 4.0 as Bioware consolidating the workload on the game to control costs, let it move forward with one storyline which makes good business sense. Marketing spins it as 'Bioware's Return To Storytelling', good job, buy those folks some drinks, they are earning their paychecks.

Also my gut has a conspiracy theory that subtly (not so subtly?) changing SWTOR from a MMO to an FPS RPG after level 60 is a way to bend us towards Battlefront. Playing SWTOR 4.0? It's an OK shooter but hey we have BF which is newer, faster better, why not step on over?

All that said I log into SWTOR nearly nightly, spend money, and enjoy the game. I am looking for that 'Next Big MMO' but I see nothing on the horizon that interests me. Until then, FOR THE REPUBLIC!

Edited by Chazcon
not enough coffee

I'm still loading the patch but I'm always happy when I see fixes and optimization. I would in fact love for the next expansion to be called something like HK51's 2 Minute Adventure and be a whole expansion worth of fixes and optimizations.... with of course a berating HK51 on how meatbags are too easily coerced into it's crosshairs...