The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why Are All Cartel Sabers So Huge?

Direach

Please stop making such huge sabers. Even when the saber model looks good, they look ridiculously oversized in play, even on Body Type 3 characters. The new Attenuated lightsabers are a perfect example of this: both sabers are at least 30% longer than they should be for regular sabers. Thexan's saber is the same way, as is pretty much every other Cartel Market/Pack saber.

The saber models that were ingame at launch are all sized correctly, and still look good; why can't the new sabers be of comparable size? Is there a legitimate reason for lightsabers to be so big now?

Please stop making such huge sabers. Even when the saber model looks good, they look ridiculously oversized in play, even on Body Type 3 characters. The new Attenuated lightsabers are a perfect example of this: both sabers are at least 30% longer than they should be for regular sabers. Thexan's saber is the same way, as is pretty much every other Cartel Market/Pack saber.

The saber models that were ingame at launch are all sized correctly, and still look good; why can't the new sabers be of comparable size? Is there a legitimate reason for lightsabers to be so big now?

they are compinsating for something. probably then engines short comings....

I suspect its because they believe they won't sell otherwise (or at least won't sell as well), as the standard model is so small that unless you are zoomed in and actively looking, you won't notice what saber hilt someone has anyway, so making the blade longer (or shorter) is the only real difference available.

I suspect its because they believe they won't sell otherwise (or at least won't sell as well), as the standard model is so small that unless you are zoomed in and actively looking, you won't notice what saber hilt someone has anyway, so making the blade longer (or shorter) is the only real difference available.

And yet they seem to realize how ridiculous they look. Notice in the Outlander trailer the Jedi is wielding a normal launch size saber.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please lets get some more normal ones.

Well, that's the reason I don't bother with CM weapons... They look too huge to be believable as something more than a toy. :o

I mean, if I could wield those lightsabers with two hands on every character, regardless of class, it may feel different. But seeing a Sorc/Sage wield what looks like a huge stun baton (to remain in the Star Wars universe), or a flashlight of epic proportions, well... It removes all charm from it. :p

Plus, the game already has many very nice looking lightsaber models that only require a few Comms and maybe a different crystal, so I see little point bothering with the CM. I use those instead. :cool:

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

they are compinsating for something. probably then engines short comings....

Hehehe.

Or maybe some other amateur phallice-related sorcery attempt.

"U wanna big saber 2 make players jelly u gotta buy from CM. Oh u like the reg models? Huehue stay small friendo."

Edited by Joesixxpack

This thread is just going to fall off page one and be forgotten and ignored like all the other requests/pleas for an answer to the question of saber size creep. Hopefully they at least read this, even if they're not going to respond. Not everyone wants WoW-style lightsabers, Bioware.

they are large mainly for 1 reason...so you can see them. if they were actual size or size of your hand you would spend money on something you probably could never see the detail of. at least when they are large you can tell the details and buttons and such. otherwise you would just be seeing a piece of light sword shooting out top of your fist.

same reason the movies have close ups, so you can see the detail.

they are large mainly for 1 reason...so you can see them. if they were actual size or size of your hand you would spend money on something you probably could never see the detail of. at least when they are large you can tell the details and buttons and such. otherwise you would just be seeing a piece of light sword shooting out top of your fist.

same reason the movies have close ups, so you can see the detail.

This, I suspect, is the reason.

Thing is, for me, I don't really care about the hilt itself. I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually looked at the hilt on a lightsaber. Hell the only single bladed lightsaber I've got that the hilt is even obvious are the Volatile Conqueror's sabers and they are only noticeable because the guard of the right saber clips into my *** and the left sticks out and clips into the arm. I'm zoomed out too far to notice any more detail when I'm playing.

I also suspect that, in the case of single sabers, it's so your second hand does't overlap the bottom of the saber when you swing it like a bat.

But the recent trend in stripper pole dualsabers is a bit silly. Some of these stretch from the bottom of the rib cage to nearly the ankle. They look like they should be on your back rather than on your hip.

Edited by Cylluz