Pwertech tree = squishy in pvp

Monoth

all my gear is pretty much orange with purple mods maxed to around my level including my weapon but in pvp I feel like I'm wearing tin foil and hitting people with a squirt gun, I do like 150-250 damage per attack on pure dps classes yet there hitting me for like 800-1800 per attack (1800 being crit's on there part), I just melt in pvp... One on One with say just about any other class ends up with me taking only about 20% of their health by the time they kill me

I use my defensive stance which is suppose to boost my armor 60% but I'm wondering if its bugged.... I remember in beta it was a boost of 120% to armor, that felt more right, allowed us tanks not to get face rolled so quickly.

btw my BH is lvl 41

Just feels like we need a boost to our armor or a boost to our dps, right now I feel like this class is gimped... I have a lvl 30 Sniper and he feels like he takes more damage then my Bh and does a LOT more DPS...

Anyways something just feels out of place with the Powertech tank tree....

You must be doing something wrong because I have no problem. I am a level 50 PT and as much in PvE as in PvP, I can take a **** load of damage without a flinch. Add to that your cooldowns and it can get pretty ridiculous how much you can take before dying. I would say the only problem we have right now is holding aggro. Some of our skills should generate more threat.

You must be doing something wrong because I have no problem. I am a level 50 PT and as much in PvE as in PvP, I can take a **** load of damage without a flinch. Add to that your cooldowns and it can get pretty ridiculous how much you can take before dying. I would say the only problem we have right now is holding aggro. Some of our skills should generate more threat.

This.

Just feels like we need a boost to our armor or a boost to our dps, right now I feel like this class is gimped... I have a lvl 30 Sniper and he feels like he takes more damage then my Bh and does a LOT more DPS...

Anyways something just feels out of place with the Powertech tank tree....

Stop using light armor.

Equipment max to around your level? Be more specific, especially in regards to what secondary stats you are using. Oh and you are using a shield right, not a dps offhand?

Link to your talent build would also be useful.

You really must be doing something wrong if you feel squishy as a Shieldtech. It's ridiculous how much punishment we can take.

You aren't supposed to be doing a lot of damage though, that's working as intended. If you want DPS then go AP or Pyrotech, though you'll be even squishier.

I feel the same as OP. Granted I am using a PVE tank spec in PvP.

This is my spec: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301G0GrdorogzZMsbZb.1

I don't do any damage whatsoever, which can be frustrating, but I play the role of tank and have no problem getting commendations. What is annoying, is that oftentimes 1-2 people can just straight up drop me even though I pop cooldowns. It's pretty annoying to not be able to soak up a large amount of damage, when I'm clearly sacrificing a lot of DPS as a tank to be able to do this.

In PvE, I haven't had any problems at all tanking. I would agree that some of our abilities need to give more threat. I find that I do not drop aggro on trash mobs, but it seems like I lose aggro a bunch of times during boss fights and have to re-taunt. Since this only happens on bosses, I'm not sure if it's a rotation problem or the encounters are meant to have aggro drops.

im a lvl 50 PT Pyro.

My damage is insane and i have almost as high burst as marauder/sentinel.

Popping the crit buff and a power relic. Ive had rail shots critting upwards of 4k.

My survivability isnt amazing but its better than say, an operative or sniper.

Once u hit 44 as a pyro, ur rail shots become god. If ur playign advanced prototype, then have fun with mediocre damage really.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.