Question Follow somone is that harasmenet or not

megaus

First question If someone is follow you around the whole map and you ask them to leave you alone and say please and they keep do it is that harassment. second question if some say I go to report you for something did not do is that harassment. third question if you said thing that you mean on game and someone say go to report you for make suicidal threat is that troll someone. Also I have report to bioware by send in game ticket every emails but I don't if bioware is go to deal with players. Edited by megaus

First question If someone is follow you around the whole map and you ask them to leave you alone and say please and they keep do it is that harassment. second question if some say I go to report you for something did not do is that harassment. third question if you said thing that you mean on game and someone say go to report you for make suicidal threat is that troll someone. Also I have report to bioware by send in game ticket every emails but I don't if bioware is go to deal with players.

No because you have no personal space in an mmo, it is open to everyone to go anywhere they please, besides your stronghold, try switching to a different instance if you're on the fleet. People troll each other all the time in swtor, you better just get used to it. Suicidal threat should be reported to the police, not a support ticket through swtor. Bioware may give them a warning but i don't they do anything at all.

hmm well I mean this guys do just get you get mad or something you know yeah this happen on jang ma Also this like happen every day I mean tell me go kill myself sometimes and I have reported them for comment like that Edited by megaus

This not a joking matter dude this guys trying to do everything trying get me off the game Also it because my friend is hollyhox on jang ma and he is close friend and they hate him also. Edited by megaus

This not a joking matter dude this guys trying to do everything trying get me off the game

Well, your question posed in the title is whether just following is harassment. As noted, of course simply following is not harassment. What else is he doing to "get you off the game?" Whispering you nasty messages? If so, report him for those and /ignore him.

this not one players do it many players or player with the same accounts. I have tried ignore them and report them too bioware Also yeah others who bully me on here tell me go kill myself and troll me tell other players follow me on the game do think harassment now. Edited by megaus

this not one players do it many players or player with the same accounts. I have tried ignore them and report them too bioware Also yeah others who bully me on here tell me go kill myself and troll me tell other players follow me on the game do think harassment now.

At this point, I'm going to say you are making this all up. No way am I going to believe there is some kind of "conspiracy" to drive you from the game.

This really happen to me on this game I used to enjoy this game I join this game in December of last year and this how long it be happen to me on republic and sith side. sometime some player say go kill you self and this true story too just say I have addhd. Edited by megaus

First question If someone is follow you around the whole map and you ask them to leave you alone and say please and they keep do it is that harassment. second question if some say I go to report you for something did not do is that harassment. third question if you said thing that you mean on game and someone say go to report you for make suicidal threat is that troll someone. Also I have report to bioware by send in game ticket every emails but I don't if bioware is go to deal with players.

all three questions require one thing, proof.

1. there is no way to prove they were stalking you on the game let alone their intent without them responding back in a way you expect them.

2. if you reported someone under false reasons, you could end up in trouble for that. if you have a legit claim for reporting someone, then report it, but you would require some sort of proof to back up your claim especially if a customer service agent asks.

3. if someone else is reporting to the customer service agent that they said youre suicidal on the game but you didnt say that directly? refer back to number 2.

i cant speak for the customer service team nor do i know how their operation works so i cant answer if they will consider everything you may have given them or how thy will react to it. but to e on the safe side have some proof ready incase its needed.

This not a joking matter dude this guys trying to do everything trying get me off the game Also it because my friend is hollyhox on jang ma and he is close friend and they hate him also.

Just set him on your ignore list and don't give that person a second thought. Problem solved. People can only get to you if you allow them.

Why would someone follow someone else across whole maps, planets or whatever if he or she is not your friend ? That sounds absurd to me - and it is a clear sign of stalking to me.

And because to proactively avoid that I made characters without any connection. Not even my friends know i play them.

So I can switch through several characters if I want to.

Apart from that - there is RL as well.

I once came across a saying, roughly translated as this : "Friends come and go, a good foe / fiend stays forever".

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Well if someone is only following me and do nothing else as trying to click first on objectives I want to click I really wouldn't care. Whether by leveling or by doing dailies, sooner or later I will go into instanced area and get rid of him. I also have quick travel cooldown on zero so this can help, too.

I used to see those that followed players around when they were bored shortly after the launch, I rarely see those kind of players anymore.

If someone follows a character and does nothing else I do not think it is harrassment, however if the character also does things, rude things I believe it is.

Coming from Jung Ma, i can say were -real- low pop and i cant remember the last time i saw a second instance of the fleet, let alone an outdoor zone...

I wil say, your association with Mr. Hox will cause you problems, his tendency to go into a rabid Tourettes fit on everyone and accusing them of being hackers in gen chat when they beat him at pvp tends to rub people the wrong way...

◆◆Edit◆◆ If your in game name is the same as your forum name, i think ive seen you talking in gen chat on Tatooine, i think your the one who likes to try RP your neither Imperial or Repblic? If not my apologies, (18 of my 20 characters are parked in my Tat stronghold so i see -lots- of arguments in Tat gen chat while crafting and gathering) but if you are, trying to do stuff like that in gen chat rather than /say usually gets attention from trolls, and the like, and is probably how you initially aquired said stalker.

Sad as it is since were supposed to be a "RP" server, the "PvP" part of the designation tends to attract the anti-rp set, who take childish delight in harassing those that RP.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

First: Put said person on ignore so they can no longer speak to you or inadvertently end up in groups with you. This solves the issue of them telling you to go kill yourself, etc. Do NOT respond to them in any way.

Second: If they follow you around, ignore them. They are deliberately trying to get you irritated which tells me their likely mental and/or emotional age is in question. They may be adults but they are obviously in need of a mental health evaluation if they are being so dedicated to following you around day after day. Just don't react to them at all. They thrive on your reactions so literally do nothing and deprive them of any satisfaction.

Three: Remember that they can go anywhere in the game that you can go (save instanced material) and have the right to do so. It is not a reportable infraction to follow you around. Reporting them for harassment would be for constant emails, whispers, etc. But you solve that faster and easier by simply placing them on ignore.

I've had a player do this to me before and I know how annoying it can be. They deliberately try to get to mobs ahead of me, etc. I did exactly what I said above and it solved the issue within a matter of an hour at most. They got bored and moved on to try to harass someone else.

Yes, it is harassment. Yes, you should report it.

In the meantime I think the best thing you can do to protect yourself is to use the /ignore command on anybody who harasses you and immediately leave (use quick travel) any area where they find you. Don't engage with them at all. I would also second the advice to leave general chat. Personally I *never* have general chat turned on, and I find that makes my game experience much, much more pleasant.

I'm really sorry you have to deal with this.