The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

so hes not a sith ....

AlCorazon

'This making sense really - If Palpatine and Vader were the last 2 Known Siths. any other Siths, if there were any, must have been well in hiding. Rens character is probably some kind of Inquisitor type of thing remnant from the 'Inquisitor program' seen in 'Rebels'?

Supreme leader Snoke on the other hand is said to be a prominent figure in/on the Dark side of the Force, leaves room for speculation, doesn't it:cool:

There are 2 more movies coming after the one in december, don't think we gonna get everything served on the same plate;)

Edited by t-darko

Love your input there:rolleyes: considering that, in contradiction to the OPs info, I''ll say someone at Disney need to get their fact straight.:eek:

Well, this is Abrams we're talking about here, with his needless "mystery box" shtick. Remember when he told all the Trek fans that Cumberbatch wasn't playing Khan? Even after admitting that was the wrong thing to do, a part of me still thinks he'd pull the same trick again.

Vader not being born Sith, meaning being born as Anakin Skywalker, has nothing to do with Legends or Canon. It's a common fact to both continuity.

How Sith becomes Sith and under which circumstances is pretty clear cut in Legends, former EU, but, however, in the New Canon we don't really know do we. We know there's a 'Bane' character that institute the rule of two, but we don't know how or why. We know from TCW and PTs and a couple of novels that the apprenticeship is a mean in how one becomes a Sith but not the particulars. We know there were a Plagueis, that he wanted the secret of eternal life, that he was killed by his apprentice, but since the Plagueis novels hasn't been canonized we don't really know much there either!!

What and Who is Sith?

That is one of the most fascinating conundrums of the New Canon!

Edited by t-darko

How Sith becomes Sith and under which circumstances is pretty clear cut in Legends, former EU, but, however, in the New Canon we don't really know do we. We know there's a 'Bane' character that institute the rule of two, but we don't know how or why. We know from TCW and PTs and a couple of novels that the apprenticeship is a mean in how one becomes a Sith but not the particulars. We know there were a Plagueis, that he wanted the secret of eternal life, that he was killed by his apprentice, but since the Plagueis novels hasn't been canonized we don't really know much there either!!

What and Who is Sith?

That is one of the most fascinating conundrums of the New Canon!

Who or what is Sith is kind of laid out in the clone wars t.v. series.

The books in the new "canon" also suggest that Palpatine had plans to seek out the origin of their power:

"We must instead move toward the Dark Side," Tashu tells his peers. "Palpatine felt that the universe beyond the edges of our maps was where his power came from. Over the many years he, with our aid, sent men and woman beyond known space. They built labs and communication stations on distant moons, asteroids, out there in the wilds. We must follow them. Retreat from the galaxy. Go out beyond the veil of stars. We must seek the source of the Dark Side like a man looking for a wellspring of water."

This would indicate that there are others who possibly know of the Sith teachings beyond the Outer Rim.

The books in the new "canon" also suggest that Palpatine had plans to seek out the origin of their power

Had appreciated a spoiler tag here, am currently just at chapter 3;) and the new "canon" is the only canon as of the Disney Purge

This would indicate that there are others who possibly know of the Sith teachings beyond the Outer Rim.

Which is very interesting, indeed!

Who or what is Sith is kind of laid out in the clone wars t.v. series.

I would say that the Dark side is, if not well mapped, so well described. When Anakin identifies the Son as a Darksider he assume he is a Sith. But as Light side not equals Jedi, doesn't Dark side equals Sith. The OPs linked article express just that. Hence my reasoning . . .

Edited by t-darko

I'm a little annoyed on what they decided to do with the Kylo Ren character.

He's not a Sith. BUUUUT he wears a black cloak, is a devotee of the Dark Side, has a red lightsaber, wants to exterminate the last of the Jedi....

Really? Yeah, yeah, we need to get past the Sith I guess, the prophecy whatever of the Sith being destroyed, but really? He's just so much like a Sith it makes the prophecy seem pointless....it's like the same villain but with a different name so far. (I say so far because I haven't seen the movie yet, so I'm only analyzing what we have for now.)

Edited by that_Spartan_IV

There is nobody to teach him how to be a Sith (since others have stated there are no Sith currently) so in essence he is just a dark jedi. To borrow a bit from legends, Kylo Ren is in an organization of force users I would consider similar to the imperial knights but instead being grey / light leaning they are grey / dark leaning (or just plain dark). For all intents and purposes power wise (aside from the lack of sith alchemy) they arent that much different from regular Sith. (but of course this is speculation somewhat, so take my vision with a grain of salt) but they might have a different doctrine on certain things. (on maybe Jedi for example.)

... To borrow a bit from legends, Kylo Ren is in an organization of force users I would consider similar to the imperial knights but instead being grey / light leaning they are grey / dark leaning (or just plain dark) ...

Yeah, so far it looks like the order Kylo comes from is following legends. Very little is actually known but,

The symbol used for the banners in the one trailer and Kylo's last name are consistent with The Order of Ren.

We'll have to wait and see though.

/excited :)

There is nobody to teach him how to be a Sith

Except for Sith holocrons, and any Sith ghosts that happen to be around.

Also, it's far from impossible that survivors from the Late or Middle Sith Empires ended up somewhere out on the fringes of the galaxy, in the Unknown Regions, or the galactic halo, or even (though it'd be more difficult) a satellite galaxy.

Except for Sith holocrons, and any Sith ghosts that happen to be around.

Also, it's far from impossible that survivors from the Late or Middle Sith Empires ended up somewhere out on the fringes of the galaxy, in the Unknown Regions, or the galactic halo, or even (though it'd be more difficult) a satellite galaxy.

The problem with that is, is that all of that knowledge came mostly from Legends. Like, I wouldn't know what ghosts and holocrons there would be around anymore. (I guess id have to read the canon books they are writing and see) Altough maybe that'll be adressed in the movies and spin-offs.

(like as an example moraband vs korriban)