4.0 Assassin

Jinre_the_Jedi

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't you delete all your characters?

All but one, yes. Remains to be seen if that can be turned.

If not, I suppose I will have to start from scratch. At least I saved one character to preserve the legacy unlocks.

Edited by Evolixe

So I just a bit through the leaked information.

I can't help but think that the combination of 3 static charges on phantasm is a very weird combo.

I mean, not that I wouldn't expect it from Bioware.. but It doesn't make much sense mechanically.

A good player will want to keep this ability primarily for it's mechanical use. Yet it invites to be used purely for damage and that will put you in a seriously harmful position to be subject to kiting.

I mean, if they wanted a way for us to get more instant static charges.. why not just put it on Blackout, or give it it's own cooldown. The way it is now makes about as much sense as it would by putting it on Force Speed or a succesful whirlwind cast. Aka none.

The argument that it will be a "decision" to make is a numb one too. No half decent player in their right sense of mind will put him or herself as a possible subject to being pacified like that purely for a little bit of damage.

It's not even a guaranteed crit either, just an instant max stack discharge.

I don't know. It's still more than we had, and even if used sub-optimally DPS wise, it won't be a complete loss unless used at 3 stacks. Even then you can add in any additional DPS from globals that were formerly lost because you didn't have the instant 30m gap closer. I'm looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

I don't know. It's still more than we had, and even if used sub-optimally DPS wise, it won't be a complete loss unless used at 3 stacks. Even then you can add in any additional DPS from globals that were formerly lost because you didn't have the instant 30m gap closer. I'm looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

The point is that the cooldown itself is purely mobility oriented. Tying any sort of damage to that is clearly a mistake as it promotes misuse of the ability. Which you could otherwise use to help your team. Be it ops or pvp.

In PvE, I understand how it doesn't frustrate you as much as it does me.

But anyone can see that this is not very well thought out.

The point is that the cooldown itself is purely mobility oriented. Tying any sort of damage to that is clearly a mistake as it promotes misuse of the ability. Which you could otherwise use to help your team. Be it ops or pvp.

In PvE, I understand how it doesn't frustrate you as much as it does me.

But anyone can see that this is not very well thought out.

If you can use it at the right times, in PvE, it's going to be a very, very substantial DPS boost. We've gone through all this content without it, and from a PvE mindset, it's just there to boost our damage and ensure we hit the target, and punish us if we use it stupidly (like leaping to Kephess during Gift of the Masters).

If you can use it at the right times, in PvE, it's going to be a very, very substantial DPS boost. We've gone through all this content without it, and from a PvE mindset, it's just there to boost our damage and ensure we hit the target, and punish us if we use it stupidly (like leaping to Kephess during Gift of the Masters).

Or leap to Raptus just as he's about to do Force Execution...

But it could be a DPS boost without producing Static Charges as well.

That would make it a bit more situational, but that's why it's a mobility cooldown.

Like I said.. extra Static Charges make more sense on Blackout, or it's own cooldown..

All but one, yes. Remains to be seen if that can be turned.

If not, I suppose I will have to start from scratch. At least I saved one character to preserve the legacy unlocks.

You could just make a level 60 shadow and assassin....and welcome back btw :)

So I just a bit through the leaked information.

I can't help but think that the combination of 3 static charges on phantasm is a very weird combo.

I mean, not that I wouldn't expect it from Bioware.. but It doesn't make much sense mechanically.

A good player will want to keep this ability primarily for it's mechanical use. Yet it invites to be used purely for damage and that will put you in a seriously harmful position to be subject to kiting.

I mean, if they wanted a way for us to get more instant static charges.. why not just put it on Blackout, or give it it's own cooldown. The way it is now makes about as much sense as it would by putting it on Force Speed or a succesful whirlwind cast. Aka none.

The argument that it will be a "decision" to make is a numb one too. No half decent player in their right sense of mind will put him or herself as a possible subject to being pacified like that purely for a little bit of damage.

It's not even a guaranteed crit either, just an instant max stack discharge.

Not really since a potential 30k burst should probably have some drawback. In any case chances are that vs ranged they will use a gap opener on the first couple of gcds, in which case you can use phantom stride, and also no need to waste another gcd for the 3 charges. Vs melee, yes burn it its a melee fight you won't be needing it in any case. If it was a guaranteed crit the sins would have in their opener a very high chance for a crit maul 2 crit discharges 2 crit ball and disappointingly 3 normal voltaic 5 crits of 6-8k/8attacks.

Not really since a potential 30k burst should probably have some drawback. In any case chances are that vs ranged they will use a gap opener on the first couple of gcds, in which case you can use phantom stride, and also no need to waste another gcd for the 3 charges. Vs melee, yes burn it its a melee fight you won't be needing it in any case. If it was a guaranteed crit the sins would have in their opener a very high chance for a crit maul 2 crit discharges 2 crit ball and disappointingly 3 normal voltaic 5 crits of 6-8k/8attacks.

I think you are serverely mistaken if you think that melee can't or won't kite.

I will definitely use you as my personal slave toy if you waste your stride on me.

And given the increase in healthpools, I don't think putting it on Blackout will be that bad. I don't expect burst to be as powerful in 4.0 and this could at least help somewhat. It's not like I accidentially forgot how blackout works.

Edited by Evolixe

I think you are serverely mistaken if you think that melee can't or won't kite.

I will definitely use you as my personal slave toy if you waste your stride on me.

And given the increase in healthpools, I don't think putting it on Blackout will be that bad. I don't expect burst to be as powerful in 4.0 and this could at least help somewhat. It's not like I accidentially forgot how blackout works.

Melee got gap closes not gap openers, as such the availability of stride or not vs a melee changes nothing. You can play the same way you play now, stride is irrelevant.

PS: 30k is computed with the current state, i.e. health pools of 42k.

Edited by MusicRider

Melee got gap closes not gap openers, as such the availability of stride or not vs a melee changes nothing. You can play the same way you play now, stride is irrelevant.

Ehm, cc and force speed can definitely give you a window. And if time is the only thing you are looking for, kiting is very well worth it.

It changes a lot. And if you keep playing as you are now without stride, I will guarantee that won't end well for you.

Yes it does. It means you won't use it at melee rang just to have 3 stacks of Breach

No, you'll just run out of range as you do the last attack before you use Shadowstride, then 'port back in. You just won't be able to mindlessly press a button to do it.

No, you'll just run out of range as you do the last attack before you use Shadowstride, then 'port back in. You just won't be able to mindlessly press a button to do it.

I'm pretty sure it won't be the case. 10m in one GCD is doable, but that's kinda annoying. At least, I hope the thought about it and that Phantom Stride is gonna been used only in the opener. Don't get me wrong, I'd like the DPS increase, but running out of range and teleporting back seems kinda lame.

I'm pretty sure it won't be the case. 10m in one GCD is doable, but that's kinda annoying. At least, I hope the thought about it and that Phantom Stride is gonna been used only in the opener. Don't get me wrong, I'd like the DPS increase, but running out of range and teleporting back seems kinda lame.

Still worth it. Considering you'll only do it every, approximately, 34 seconds? Not too bad for a 5+% dps boost.

Still worth it. Considering you'll only do it every, approximately, 34 seconds? Not too bad for a 5+% dps boost.

Exactly why it's wrong in the first place. But yes, very worth it sadly.

but running out of range and teleporting back seems kinda lame.

That is exactly what you will be doing, unless you make them change it :rolleyes:

Edited by Evolixe

Exactly why it's wrong in the first place. But yes, very worth it sadly.

That is exactly what you will be doing, unless you make them change it :rolleyes:

I mean, this is assuming that it gets a minimum range, which has been mentioned nowhere. With no minimum range, it's another button to press that we don't otherwise strictly "need" in PvE.