Nico Okarr

SebastiaanZ

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will there be any way to get Nico after release? Like the way you get Treek and HK-51?

Judging by how it has been with other subscriber rewards, I'd say no, they remain exclusive. But they have never been something so big as a companion & story, the reward with the biggest impact on game play so far has been the Party Jawa, which is required for an achievement (but one that can be worked around through grouping).

--

I'm a sub and I will qualify for Nico, but I really don't like that he's exclusive to subscribers who were subbed on a certain date. I hope they will eventually offer another way for other (and new) players to get him. It remains a role playing game (and they want to go back to focus on story), characters are important and restricting access to characters like that isn't a good signal to (new) players, it gives them a bad, unwelcome feeling right from the start to know they have no chance of ever getting a character, and one so iconic on top of it.

Edited by KyaniteD

I thought if you are subbed you get him in your mail but he is also unlocked in the story later on

According to this post and the write up on the expansion he is only available to those that have sub by either one of the two days. (July 31 or August 10)

Hey folks,

As I mentioned in my previous post, the plan for getting Nico in Fallen Empire was that you would recruit him into your Alliance as you were playing through the storyline. However, knowing the concerns about how you access Nico, we are also going to send you a token in the mail which will allow you to have Nico right away. If you want to get Nico as a part of playing through Fallen Empire, you can still do that. Just delete the token from your mail and you will get him naturally. On the flip side, if you claim the token we will still let you do his recruitment mission later on, you will just already have him.

This way the decision is in your hands on whether you want to get him as a part of the recruitment, or if you just want him right away. And it is worth repeating, that Nico is only accessible to those subscribers who qualified for him.

Hopefully that clears up any confusion (which I created ).

-eric

http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/rewards

According to this post and the write up on the expansion he is only available to those that have sub by either one of the two days. (July 31 or August 10)

Yeah that is what think aswell, some in this thread say something different. I prefer to believe in the official word.

Other than the recruitment mission has there ever been anything said about him having a story?

I would assume so since both Hk-51 and Treek had personal stories. And they both had slightly different personal stories depending on if you maxed them out on Republic or Imperial sides.

(It's great doing things on both sides, it's always, ALWAYS different...slightly.)

I'm looking forward to Nico but making him time-exclusive is disgusting and makes me question whether I want to keep playing a game that does this sort of thing. Can't believe people are happy about this and want Bioware to keep him exclusive :confused: Edited by Kazanth

I'm looking forward to Nico but making him time-exclusive is disgusting and makes me question whether I want to keep playing a game that does this sort of thing. Can't believe people are happy about this and want Bioware to keep him exclusive :confused:

Never took part in a promotional / pre-order-like event before I take it?

This post sounds like pure, "I missed the deadline, but give me what I want anyway!" I wonder how you and other react when not meeting deadlines at your jobs, universities, etc..

Edited by Eillack

Never took part in a promotional / pre-order-like event before I take it?

This post sounds like pure, "I missed the deadline, but give me what I want anyway!" I wonder how you and other react when not meeting deadlines at your jobs, universities, etc..

I did meet the deadline for Nico (thanks for the assumption though...) and I'm struggling to think of a pre-order bonus worse than this, usually they're just fluff items like a mount but more important bonuses like companions are purchasable as DLC anyway. If Bioware tried to do this with any of their single player games people would be completely outraged.

I did meet the deadline for Nico (thanks for the assumption though...) and I'm struggling to think of a pre-order bonus worse than this, usually they're just fluff items like a mount but more important bonuses like companions are purchasable as DLC anyway. If Bioware tried to do this with any of their single player games people would be completely outraged.

They had a date to be a subscriber before. Then they extended it. Now the date is beyond and anyone who was not a subscriber will not get him plain and simple. Limited time promotions happen all the time here and everywhere in life. If you dont make the deadline you miss out. Hopefully this teaches players who are not subs to subscribe for a month or longer if a promotion looks good to them. For everyone who missed the deadline i'm sorry that you did but subscribe to the game now and never miss out on future promotions.

They had a date to be a subscriber before. Then they extended it. Now the date is beyond and anyone who was not a subscriber will not get him plain and simple. Limited time promotions happen all the time here and everywhere in life. If you dont make the deadline you miss out. Hopefully this teaches players who are not subs to subscribe for a month or longer if a promotion looks good to them. For everyone who missed the deadline i'm sorry that you did but subscribe to the game now and never miss out on future promotions.

I have no problem with fluff items for time-limited promotions, but for an mmoRPG with a fluctuating player base making a character relevant to the game's story only available at one specific point in time and then never again is a bit bigger than just fluff. The Party Jawa (or rather the associated achievement) is already regular source of frustration. And sure, those who knew about it and were actually playing the game at that time had their chance, but everyone else didn't.

And like I said, new or returning (whatever their reason for leaving may have been) players learning they are forever excluded from obtaining a character in an RPG is not exactly the kind of message that makes you (and your money) feel welcome and appreciated. I know it would be on my "con" list against sticking around if I started a new game and considered throwing money at it.

Edited by KyaniteD

Except, with the change to companions, they will be completely fluff items just like anything else. Essentially, all Nico is is a "skin" for a companion just like the various companion appearance tokens available at vendors, or the different paint jobs for all the same type of speeders. Having Nico will be no more important than having any other companion.

I am not sure why some people are complaining that they do not get Nico when they failed to sub by the deadline.

A friend of mine isn't getting him but she is not complaining. She accepted the fact that she didn't resub when she should and it was her responsiblity.

People are acting like just because they play the game they should have everything someone else has. There will always be things in a game that someone else may have that others don't.

He will function like all the other companions, after probably the one recruitment part of the story, and then he will be no different.

It is like some of you are stomping your feet and throwing a fit because someone else has something you don't. Is that the way you deal with things outside the game. No one is entitled to everything in the game. There are things I didn't get , like some of the crystals, but you don't hear me saying, put it on the cartel shop so I can buy it. I accept that fact there are things I may not get because I didn't start playing when everyone did or I failed to sub or whatever the case.

Companions ARE fluff items.

Even before KotFE.

I'm looking forward to Nico but making him time-exclusive is disgusting and makes me question whether I want to keep playing a game that does this sort of thing. Can't believe people are happy about this and want Bioware to keep him exclusive :confused:

The point of Nico is that it was an incentive to subscribe. If they made it available otherwise, people would be extremely leery of such offers in the future. Not sure why you and others don't get that.

The Party Jawa (or rather the associated achievement) is already regular source of frustration. And sure, those who knew about it and were actually playing the game at that time had their chance, but everyone else didn't.

But it was a subscriber reward. If you weren't playing or subbed during his time, you don't get it. Should we give Founder titles to everyone because they don't have it? Founder title was given to people who were subbed and stuck with the game during 1.0-1.2 times.

I'm annoyed I don't have the items from the original rakghoul event and will never get it. I'm annoyed that I never bought all the clothing from the Chevon event.

**** happens.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.