Nico Okarr's Coat - What a disappointment

Sindariel

Seriously, that's your "analogy"?

If someone pays for the $15 subscription, covering the correct date, they get as part of what they paid for, the coat.

If someone does not pay the $15, they do not get the coat.

How on earth (or in space) does that equate to "free"?

("Call now, and get a second one free, just pay shipping and handling!"... :confused: )

Complete waste of time to continue this, but if someone whom purchased 6 months sub before any of the free stuff was announced didn't want that stuff, could they force BW to issue a refund? I mean they wanted what they paid for, right?

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete waste of time to continue this, but if someone whom purchased 6 months sub before any of the free stuff was announced didn't want that stuff, could they force BW to issue a refund? I mean they wanted what they paid for, right?

If your argument now rests on "what about prepaid?", you've already lost.

Again, for those who haven't been following along, it's simple. IF someone PAID for a subscribing that covers the target date, they get the cost. If someone did not, they do not.

Again, for those who haven't been following along, it's simple. IF someone PAID for a subscribing that covers the target date, they get the cost. If someone did not, they do not.

My argument rests on business and how it works, yours still sounds like a meme gone wrong.

Seriously, that's your "analogy"?

If someone pays for the $15 subscription, covering the correct date, they get as part of what they paid for, the coat.

If someone does not pay the $15, they do not get the coat.

How on earth (or in space) does that equate to "free"?

("Call now, and get a second one free, just pay shipping and handling!"... :confused: )

If someone pays for food, they get the air as part of life, which they are paying for.

If someone does not pay the food, they starve and die, and no longer get any oxygen.

Yes, I'm vastly overexaggerating here, but that's because it's very disengenious to say that you're paying 15 bucks to get the coat.

You're not paying that to get the coat.

You're paying that to play the game with all the features.

The coat is just a bonus, that you don't have to pay anything extra for.

If you had to pay for the coat, the fee would be larger that month.

I recently bought 6 posters at a comic con near me, and they gave me an extra one just because I bought so many.

I didn't pay anything extra for it.

I paid the price of 6 posters.

I got one extra for free.

If I had not bought the posters, I would not have gotten the extra one, but that doesn't mean I paid 20 bucks for 7 posters. It means I paid 20 bucks for 6 posters and got one for free.

They're still getting it for free.

As in, they're getting it at no extra expense.

They are not spending any more than they otherwise would have.

'Free" = "at no cost" not "at no additional cost."

Complete waste of time to continue this

Bu you are going to, anyway?

:rolleyes:

Worst part is you people have forced me to be on the same side of an argument as Max_Killjoy. :mad:

Edited by branmakmuffin

'Free" = "at no cost" not "at no additional cost."

Bu you are going to, anyway?

:rolleyes:

Worst part is you people have forced me to be on the same side of an argument as Max_Killjoy. :mad:

Well you don't have to be. It's not like someone is holding a gun to your head and making you agree with someone you don't want to. Isn't that something you'd usually say in this situation?

Exactly. He was worried about an overload. His detector can't handle sarcasm of that magnitude.

False, my detector can handle all manners of Sarcasm, when Sarcasm is portrayed correctly. I would recommended googling how to portray sarcasm better on the internet to avoid any future misunderstandings from your basic skill level in regards to sarcasm on the internet.

This statement is highly persuasive evidence that your detector is malfunctioning.

My detector has been fine tuned from extensive experience of the many denizens on these forums, and my extensive stay here has allowed me to determine when a known forum regular is being sarcastic or not. Now with that knowledge in mind, I know when you are being serious and when you are being sarcastic and if what you said was truly sarcasm then it was a very poor attempt by you.

I sincerely recommend contacting the sarcasm machine company that you purchased yours from and ask for a refund or cash in on your warranty and get it replaced.

Yes, I'm vastly overexaggerating here, but that's because it's very disengenious to say that you're paying 15 bucks to get the coat.

You're not paying that to get the coat.

You're paying that to play the game with all the features.

The coat is just a bonus, that you don't have to pay anything extra for.

If you had to pay for the coat, the fee would be larger that month.

I recently bought 6 posters at a comic con near me, and they gave me an extra one just because I bought so many.

I didn't pay anything extra for it.

I paid the price of 6 posters.

I got one extra for free.

If I had not bought the posters, I would not have gotten the extra one, but that doesn't mean I paid 20 bucks for 7 posters. It means I paid 20 bucks for 6 posters and got one for free.

Right -- if you hadn't bought the other posters, you'd not have received that one either. You paid as much for 7 posters as you were going to pay for 6. That doesn't make the 7th poster free -- it's only free if you didn't have to pay for anything to get it.

Likewise, the coat isn't free. The coat is INCLUDED in the $15 paid for that month. No one is claiming that the coat by itself cost $15.

That so many people believe that you're actually getting something "for free" when you're paying money for it, or that it's not "part of the sale" if it came out of some other part of the business's budget, just shows how well the marketing wonks have done at ingraining their concepts into our culture.

They are not spending any more than they otherwise would have.

"Free" is when nothing is exchanged for the thing obtained.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

My detector has been fine tuned from extensive experience of the many denizens on these forums, and my extensive stay here has allowed me to determine when a known forum regular is being sarcastic or not. Now with that knowledge in mind, I know when you are being serious and when you are being sarcastic and if what you said was truly sarcasm then it was a very poor attempt by you.

You have been deceived (and not by me).

"Free" is when nothing is exchanged for the thing obtained.

Well, if you want to attempt to define it to fit your argument, free is 'without cost or payment'. I made no payment to get the coat, and getting it didn't change my costs. That came out of BW's cost. They paid for it, not I. So for me, it was free.

Were there conditions on receiving it? Sure, but my sub didn't increase in price, nothing was taken from it to 'pay' for the coat. If you want to be super technical, you don't pay for anything from the cartel either. It's all free, you merely have to buy the currency to use it. The problem here is that cash flow is not a linear thing, which is why some people can almost grasp it, but actually don't and then just annoy the rest of us.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.