Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why the constant official spoilers?

Master_ivar

I believe that the story summaries are targeted at those players who're going to Insta-60 classes they haven't played prior once KotFE launches, so that they don't completely lose out of that class's story.

Honestly IMO if you're going to insta-60, I have no problem with you not experiencing/knowing the 1-50 story. You want to know the unique class story, play the class.

Plus there's already multiple websites that recap the class stories without needing it plastered on the game's own page.

There's still a couple more class pairs to go, so you'll want to be careful on the official site for the next two weeks.

What you are about to read is an excerpt from the official Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Encyclopedia. It will describe an overview of all 3 Acts of the Smuggler Class story. Although we try to avoid them wherever possible, this excerpt will contain spoilers. Please read at your own risk…

So far they have all come with this first paragraph... So I don't see the problem. But yeah, as others have said, since they are giving the instant-60 option, they are giving those that choose to do so on a class they have not done the main story a summary so they know the classes basic history, presumably because KotFE will reference the history of that class. I agree it wasn't what I was expecting with the coming info they said was going to start being released in the weeks leading up to launch, but it amounts to a shrug for me.

Ok, can somebody give me a reason for the constant story spoiler blogs?

As a newcomer I´m almost afraid to open the frikken Site, only to be greeted by the newest official attempt to ruin the game for me. :mon_trap:

How is this part of the coming expansion? I just don´t get it. :rod_confused_p:

Really?

It tells you what is in the post, just don't read it if it bothers you.

This seems a complaint just to make a complaint and nothing more because you have nothing better to do.

So far they have all come with this first paragraph... So I don't see the problem. But yeah, as others have said, since they are giving the instant-60 option, they are giving those that choose to do so on a class they have not done the main story a summary so they know the classes basic history, presumably because KotFE will reference the history of that class. I agree it wasn't what I was expecting with the coming info they said was going to start being released in the weeks leading up to launch, but it amounts to a shrug for me.

Yeah, I wish other companies were as sensitive to spoilers.

To me, thea are so badly writen I dont would call them Spoilers,

the Text tell you next to nothing on was hapens if you play the story.

It gives you just the basic idea of the story, and that's all. It's not what I'd call a huge spoiler, but more a summary of events.

Ok, can somebody give me a reason for the constant story spoiler blogs?

As a newcomer I´m almost afraid to open the frikken Site, only to be greeted by the newest official attempt to ruin the game for me. :mon_trap:

How is this part of the coming expansion? I just don´t get it. :rod_confused_p:

My boyfriend and I are still leveling and we essentially avoid that area so the story isn't ruin for us.

What you are about to read is an excerpt from the official Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Encyclopedia. It will describe an overview of all 3 Acts of the Imperial Agent Class story. Although we try to avoid them wherever possible, this excerpt will contain spoilers. Please read at your own risk...

all of them warn for spoilers.

But like others have said its because subs can get a free 60

Edited by Faardor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.