Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I am so glad I spent $1k on an SSD just for this game

KetMalice

Got my ssd for around $200 and my loading screens usually are visibile for around 4 - 5 seconds, occasionally I get one that sticks in certain world areas when going to pvp and back over and over, other than that its great and fast as hell.

$1000 for a ssd.... you got ripped off so bad or your just plain lying.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd, I spend more time playing the game, than I do seeing loading screens.

and 250 internet? I spend that much for TV cable and Internet cable. Your internet must be truly impressive.

Indeed, he must have some sort of ultra sonic speed internet, i pay 13bucks for mine, and its pretty much as fast as it gets these days.

Edited by davidpop

So I can sit at loading screens for 5 minutes. Also glad I spend $250 a month on my internet connection.

Spending $250 on an internet connection is either your own sad delusion, or, one of the best scams I've heard of.

I'm selling a bridge.

Interested?

Spending $250 on an internet connection is either your own sad delusion, or, one of the best scams I've heard of.

I'm selling a bridge.

Interested?

I'm not even sure how it's possible to spend that much, unless it's like a business line or something.

I'm honestly curious as to what one gets for that price.

You know what the problem is with an SSD? An SSD doesn't handle access to random data very well and being that SW:TOR is a game with a large amount of differential data I assume that the loading time isn't going well because of that little hitch in an SSD's performance.

I work in IT and I used an SSD myself for this game to see if it'd work. It works better from a normal hard drive so far and I believe the statement above is the cause.

Does not matter how fast your harddrive is or how well it handles random access data. I tested the game on a ramdisk where loadtimes should be instant but there is hardly any difference from having it on a 7200rpm disk or SSD. And the ramdisk is between 20 and few hundred times faster than most SSDs out there.

Maybe I am incorrect here...but itsn't using SSD'd for constantly accessed data a bad idea?

What I mean is everyone who has one that I know...uses it as their swap space for faster boot up and that's it.

I had heard they can burn out faster if you use them on a consistent basis. Or has this issue been addressed with newer models?

Just curious.

Not really based on your internet connection. It is your HDD. Check to see if your HDD is bad and do a cleanup on it. Defrag it using JKdefrag. Check for viruses. Reduce services. I have a 32gb ssd but I dont have the game on it. Load times are never more than 30 seconds.

My OS is on a 120Gb 6 GB/s SSD, and the game is on a 60Gb 3 GB/s SSD and my loading times are seconds, not minutes. I paid much less than 1000 for both total. You got screwed.

*edit* LOL I just looked up the price I paid for both, and it came out to be $291.83 for them both. You really got screwed OP. LOL Where the hell do you shop for computer parts?

Edited by Staticclean

There is absolutely no way that is true. I am sorry man but I have to call BS on this. It is one of the largest complaints from people...

The only loading screens that annoy me are when i switch from pvp back to planets like tatooiine or alderaan or nar'shadaa ... those take about 30-40 seconds to load.

and i have a normal SAS HDD

I don't have an SSD and I've never seen a loading screen for more than 30 seconds.

Same here - after seeing all the QQ threads about loading times I even timed it - the highest was 27 seconds.

Additionally, if you spent $1000 on a SSD then you shouldn't be worried about the loading screens - you should be worried about your obvious early onset dementia. Same goes for $250/month in internet.

I only run my OS from my SSD, and I got nothing to complain about loading windows. It's not even 20 seconds. I can't even bother to think or time it as it's not long enough for me to actually feel like I have to wait anything. You sure your processor isn't from stone age?

Now, 250 for connection, 1k for SSD, you're being ripped off. I paid 200 euros few years back for my SSD, and that was a lot back then, and I pay 36 euros a month for my 100mbit connection. I surely feel your pain, in regards that for that kind money, your stuff should run better, but it ain't running. And I hardly doubt it's in the games end by the sound of it.

Edited by Rethan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.