Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Will you run your companions in the nude after the expansion?

asbalana

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Closest most of my companions get to naked is me putting Quinn and Andronikos in the Trench Coat that shows their chests.

Id put Vector in it too, but they never bothered to fix that bug so he shows up in it wearing the tube top bra female characters have on while wearing it... :mad:

I do of course dress Skadge in a fuschia speedo and thigh high boots, but thats just to troll people like the ones near the top of their threads who dress their "female" characters and their female companions as prostitutes, that way i can park him right between them making him their Bubba Pimp :p (the butthurt homophobia tells and tantrums in genchat are always hysterical :D)

Dont really run with female comps but they wear normal outfits as well.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

My companions tend to wear more clothes than my character, not less.

I have some weird quirk where I feel like dressing them in clothes "they" wouldn't wear is some violation of their agency. I feel guilty about it. (Yes, I know a video game character can't/doesn't have agency.)

Now, if/when we get Theron Shan as a companion, I'll have no compunction about having him run around in his underwear, because he already does that in his book. :p

• 4 weeks later...

I just cannot believe that these folks are making all companions equal ... with no way to improve them except to level up the char. Why bother giving us more than one companion in the first place (probably their ultimate goal)

No way to power up companions (like now with mods and stuff) takes a lot away from the game. I have never had any trouble keeping my companions up to blues at least. I don't keep them all at max, but if I want to change companions it is not hard to jump from mods (etc.) 3 to like mods (etc.) 9 or whatever, and only costs about 52 coms to get them there (or less if ya have some crafters). Then what about all those augments .... sigh.

this modification (which appears to be just to make programming easier so they can lay off some devs) may just be the game breaker for me and I am a founder and have been subbed since the game opened. Simpler is not always better in my opinion.

:confused:

WELL, as happens many times, I was WRONG! I like the way I can swap companions any time and get good "service" (Mostly healing) It is fun to be able to just change "clothes" with neat looking stuff without having to worry about mods or armors or levels or green blue purple ... I have to admit that I like it :D

Edited by Wahala
Update of opinion

I just cannot believe that these folks are making all companions equal ... with no way to improve them except to level up the char. Why bother giving us more than one companion in the first place (probably their ultimate goal)

No way to power up companions (like now with mods and stuff) takes a lot away from the game. I have never had any trouble keeping my companions up to blues at least. I don't keep them all at max, but if I want to change companions it is not hard to jump from mods (etc.) 3 to like mods (etc.) 9 or whatever, and only costs about 52 coms to get them there (or less if ya have some crafters). Then what about all those augments .... sigh.

this modification (which appears to be just to make programming easier so they can lay off some devs) may just be the game breaker for me and I am a founder and have been subbed since the game opened. Simpler is not always better in my opinion.

It is a smart choice. Now I can pick what one I like instead of what one is the most useful. Also, the whole gearing up thing was more annoying than fun.

Tedious elements should be removed, and more heavily focus on fun game play added. This change should have been sooner.

I just cannot believe that these folks are making all companions equal

It is a good thing, I only see the advantages of it.

Players do not need to take loot for their companions

No more clone Yavin companion gear

The characters can benefit equal from the companion crafting bonuses

It does not cost lots of comms to gear up companions if you want something else then Yavin gear.

BW shoulda seen this coming, and anyone who supported this shoulda seen it coming as well. I will be running all my companions nude just out of protest to this homogenization nonsense.

And how does that matter? It is your char your story, It is not really sending a msg to do this. In fact, It is neat that you can do it. Makes the companions even cooler. :)

On one hand I'm sad about so many things that companions made special going away,

on theother hand I see now that I'm much more free in choosing from everyone. :)

The micromanagement self in me, however, always loved the possibility to micromanage my Companions within the game; that is now lost.

a young woman doesnt need to get her baps and pins out out to look great. ive seen some truely red hot looking women in my time who are showing nothing more then a pretty face and being fully clothed. when i launched my jc i was using lana beniko's outfit with red and black dye, shes a red head with pig tails and red lippy and yet that character provoked a number of responses from a few people at the time because of how good she looked.

as for the men, its not always super muscular tall frames with a large sack, eric on his livesteam did a random look on his bh through the char screen and that char i would suspect could of gotten a few looks at the least and that char was an average male body 2.

I have a girlfriend... so no need for naked companions.

And I whished Bioware would add some standard gear for companions, so that you never going to see them in underwear... Does nobody take the RPG in MMORPG seriously?

Nah if Bioware was real smart they should have the semi-naked/naked outfits in cartel packs with 0.0000001% chance of getting them, they would have made a killing.

It is a smart choice. Now I can pick what one I like instead of what one is the most useful. Also, the whole gearing up thing was more annoying than fun.

Tedious elements should be removed, and more heavily focus on fun game play added. This change should have been sooner.

I enjoyed gearing companions. It wasn't tedious, it was interesting.

That said... how are you against tedium and in favor of some of the other changes coming in 4.0? :confused:

I enjoyed gearing companions. It wasn't tedious, it was interesting.

That said... how are you against tedium and in favor of some of the other changes coming in 4.0? :confused:

Because tedious is not the same for each person. If you recall, I am just coming back after leaving 4 months after release. So the elements that are tedious to some of you who have been around a long time is not the same as for me. Since I have not spend eons of time farming doing older content like some of you.

Because tedious is not the same for each person. If you recall, I am just coming back after leaving 4 months after release. So the elements that are tedious to some of you who have been around a long time is not the same as for me. Since I have not spend eons of time farming doing older content like some of you.

That sounds like an argument in favor of options. ;)

Strange to see this thread resed after being gone for a while.

I started it as a tongue in cheek comment on the proposed changes. To me, the game is a strange mix. On one hand, it is a poorly designed somewhat broken buggy MMO. On the other, there are some great things about it that make it worth playing. One of the great things was the companions. I see the changes as a simplification and blanding down of them. Yes, they fight with you, but from 4.0 on they, to me, will be nothing more than a glorified pet. Indeed, they are also introducing CM fighting pets which IMO are more pet and less companion.

Many seem to like the changes so perhaps BW knows something. To me, part of the companion game was to develop them and bring them along and to in essence build a strong ally. That is now gone. Perhaps some degree of simplification is good, but bland never is. It is my humble and perhaps minority opinion that the changes to companions will make the game less worth playing for me and a number of people that I play with.

Edited by asbalana

I have a girlfriend... so no need for naked companions.

And I whished Bioware would add some standard gear for companions, so that you never going to see them in underwear... Does nobody take the RPG in MMORPG seriously?

How seriously one takes the"RP" in "MMORPG" is up to each person. If you don't want your companions in skimpy gear, don't do it.

In any event, half-naked companions are hardly the worst problem the "RP" part of "MMORPG" has. Worse, and far more common, is the sad "I am the baddest of the bad-a**es" walking cliches we see from 90% of so-called RPers in the cantina constantly. And we can't do anything about that, either.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.