Conentration Sentinel - Rotation and stats

IInox

Hi

I have this alt but never tried post 3.0 this spec..on dulfy I found the imp side guide but Im not gonna read it because i will turn out crazy to understand..

Can you give me some tips about burst openers for pvp? Also I see that still we use blade storm and sweep, they din't get swapped with the new skills. :v

Also stats for pvp? full power surge?

Edited by IInox

Burst openers, you say? Well.

Charge/Leap > Twin Saber Throw > Zealous Strike > Force Exhaustion > Focused Burst > Concentrated Slice. Maybe Blade Storm somewhere if you feel like it.

As for stats, I just roll with crit/surge/power, neglecting Alacrity. The increase from Alacrity seems very marginal. My crit is sitting at 26% with buff.

Edited by Giliodor

Hi

I have this alt but never tried post 3.0 this spec..on dulfy I found the imp side guide but Im not gonna read it because i will turn out crazy to understand..

Can you give me some tips about burst openers for pvp? Also I see that still we use blade storm and sweep, they din't get swapped with the new skills. :v

Want real burst? Use (Zen)-Focused Burst-Force Exhaustion-Master Strike (or Blade Dance...)-Concentrated Slice, and enjoy any characters at least 50% hp gone in 5s (Force Exhaustion's last tick, MS's last hit and Concentrated Slice hit almost at the same moment, you can only have higher burst on VG or scrapper scoundrel maybe (but dont think so)).

For gearing you need ZERO Critical Rating, you get enough autocrits when needed.

To help you understand the dulfy guide, heres a mara/sent dictionary:

Assault-Strike

Battering Assault-Zealous Strike

Berserk-Zen

Predation-Transendence

Bloodthirst-Inspiration

Smash-Force Sweep

Furious Strike-Concentrated Slice

Raging Burst-Focused Burst

Force Scream-Blade Storm

Obliterate-Zealous Leap

Force Crush-Force Exhaustion

Vicous Throw-Dispatch

Ravage-Master Strike(Blade Dance)

Frenzy-Valorous Call

Cloak of Pain-Rebuke

Undying-Guarded by the Force

Obfuscate-Pacify

This should be more than enough

Hi

My openers usually change depending if I'm popping Zen at the start or not.

With Zen:

Leap + Zen > Focused Burst > Force Exhaustion > Master Strike (clipped) > Concentrated Slice > etc

Without Zen:

Leap > Zealous Strike > Force Exhaustion > Master Strike > Focused Burst > Concentrated Slice > etc

For gearing, stack Power/Surge and then swap Surge for alacrity once it hits about 90% (70 without the Discipline passive)

My openers usually change depending if I'm popping Zen at the start or not.

With Zen:

Leap + Zen > Focused Burst > Force Exhaustion > Master Strike (clipped) > Concentrated Slice > etc

Without Zen:

Leap > Zealous Strike > Force Exhaustion > Master Strike > Focused Burst > Concentrated Slice > etc

For gearing, stack Power/Surge and then swap Surge for alacrity once it hits about 90% (70 without the Discipline passive)

Quick question; the passive is 16% iirc, so stacking to 70% with gear would place it just north of 86.06% or so at 174's. Is that the level we should be aiming for or closer to the 90%?

Quick question; the passive is 16% iirc, so stacking to 70% with gear would place it just north of 86.06% or so at 174's. Is that the level we should be aiming for or closer to the 90%?

The passive is 15% surge to all skills, in 4.0 we are getting a buff that gives us 15% surge on our next Raging Burst after a Furious Strike.

The passive is 15% surge to all skills, in 4.0 we are getting a buff that gives us 15% surge on our next Raging Burst after a Furious Strike.

Aaaah ok, forgot to take out the 1% passive companion buff lol >.<. Not as versed with the Mara dicipline tree as i should be, but does that mean we'll be wanting to switch furious strike and raging burst in our rotation come 4.0, or is it still preferable to stick with how it is now?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1awteL9svalF8BrgBcwT64zxquB8eaNjMH1JNOidKUMo/mobilebasic?pli=1#

This is the rotation i used, made by Oofalong, granted it's most likely a PVE rotation, so it may be inferior for PVP. For AOE replace focused burst with smash, and vicious slash with DST/Sweeping slash

Edited by AndoEyrune

Sorry, that's correct. When I wrote that I was just going off memory, and had the idea that it was 20% instead of 15%. My Sentinel and Mara are geared slightly differently to eachother; Mara is sitting at 90.87% surge whilst my Sentinel is at 86.something.

Aaaah ok, forgot to take out the 1% passive companion buff lol >.<. Not as versed with the Mara dicipline tree as i should be, but does that mean we'll be wanting to switch furious strike and raging burst in our rotation come 4.0, or is it still preferable to stick with how it is now?

I think once 4.0 drops it will still be better to open with Raging Burst followed by Furious Strike for the buff from Cascading power.

I think once 4.0 drops it will still be better to open with Raging Burst followed by Furious Strike for the buff from Cascading power.

I agree. The buff is meant to be used for every Raging Burst after the first one if you are doing your rotation correctly. Also, this means that we could start seeing 17k Raging Bursts, Since the new gear tier is obviously over the current ones (IIRC it's like 216 for the top tier new PvE gear)

So, this means that Fury could start to be a serious contender for the best Melee Burst DPS, depending on how well Concealment's buff on Laceration from Acid Blade, which is equal to 4 Lacerations because 6/1.5 = 4. (Acid Blade lasts 6s IIRC) So, it's impossible to get all 4 Lacerations into an Acid Blade window, because you would need 4 TA's, which is impossible to fit in 4 GCD's, you need an extra GCD for a Veiled Strike. And AP PT has yet to be seen how it will get a DPS increase, and the same goes for Deception Assassins. Carnage Marauders are still the Hybrid Burst/Sustained Tree as always though.

Edit: Note to self, the Indent fuction does not work properly...

Edited by Kaos_KidSWTOR

Why is no one including force leap > force sweep(auto crt) at the beginning of their rotation?

I would go:

force leap > force sweep(auto crt) > zen (when up) > force exhaustion > master strike > zealous leap > focused burst(auto crt) > concentrated slice

I will move concentrated slice before zealous leap > focused burst after patch.

Learning as I go, could be wrong.

Why is no one including force leap > force sweep(auto crt) at the beginning of their rotation?

I would go:

force leap > force sweep(auto crt) > zen (when up) > force exhaustion > master strike > zealous leap > focused burst(auto crt) > concentrated slice

No. Just... No...

That is so retarded it is not even funny...

Your opener is this.

DST > Leap + Valorous Call > Zen > Zealous Strike > Focused Burst > Force Exhaust > Concentrated Slice > Blade Storm > Zealous Leap

You do not stray from that opener unless something is on CD at that point. You place Zealous Strike before your Focused Burst as to maximize your DPS inside your 6s window of boosted damage. Also, you do not want to move where you put Concentrated Slice, because it will make you lose damage on Concentrated Slice due to the lack of 6s damage boost after Focused Burst.

I would go:

Force sweep shares the proc with focused burst. This pretty much means you should only replace burst with sweep if you have at least 2, usually 3+, enemies.

DST > Leap + Valorous Call > Zen > Zealous Strike > Focused Burst > Force Exhaust > Concentrated Slice > Blade Storm > Zealous Leap

Focus waste.

Leap + Zen + Zealous Strike = 13 Focus (that's assuming you had no Focus prior to starting the rotation). The next ability, Focused Burst, will consume no Focus (Koan) and meanwhile, you continue to 'build' more wasted Focus through Zen before you finally spend some with Force Exhaust.

Edited by RAVM

Focus waste.

Leap + Zen + Zealous Strike = 13 Focus (that's assuming you had no Focus prior to starting the rotation). The next ability, Focused Burst, will consume no Focus (Koan) and meanwhile, you continue to 'build' more wasted Focus through Zen before you finally spend some with Force Exhaust.

Yea, it wastes focus, but it has the highest damage inside of the Hightened Power window. Which is what you want to capitalize on.