Which US server?

BobBudJones

Just came back after a long time gone, mainly because I wanted to play some GSF. My old server (POT5) seems dead; no one on the gsf channel, hardly anyone on the fleet, no pop after quite a long time in queue for GSF.

As much as I don't want to start over outfitting my hangar, a fully upgraded ship isn't much use without any matches happening.

So, what's the current server (US) with the most active GSF group?

Welcome back!

Harbinger (west coast) is the most active server. For east coast, Shadowlands or Ebon Hawk are the most active. Shadowlands has recently become more competitive due to a number of POT5 pilots moving there in the past 3 months.

Just came back after a long time gone, mainly because I wanted to play some GSF. My old server (POT5) seems dead; no one on the gsf channel, hardly anyone on the fleet, no pop after quite a long time in queue for GSF.

As much as I don't want to start over outfitting my hangar, a fully upgraded ship isn't much use without any matches happening.

So, what's the current server (US) with the most active GSF group?

You don't have to start over if you don't mind to transfer your character. The cost to transfer is now 90 CC... not sure if you knew that or not.

Harbinger is the most active US server for GSF and probably everything else. It's the only one with Heavy population any more.

Welcome back!

Harbinger (west coast) is the most active server. For east coast, Shadowlands or Ebon Hawk are the most active. Shadowlands has recently become more competitive due to a number of POT5 pilots moving there in the past 3 months.

I agree with this, but I'd add Jedi Covenant in the mix...imo, it's about as active as SL or TEH. Harb is definitely at the top of the heap in terms of pops.

I play around on about half the US servers.

Harbinger is the most active and you can find a match going on at almost any time of the day or night. It gets a bit slower about 3am cst and mid morning though. I assisted in making the community there accepting of everybody and flying with anyone. You can find somebody to group with easily and quite often there is chatter going in the gsf channel. Many of the game's "aces" fly there now and most people fly both factions. So if one side is dominating, a few will go to the other to make things more even.

Good guilds there- Imp side- Gone Sithing, Black Squadron, Raiders of Valhalla, Sanguine Bounty. Pub side- Jawa's Order, Red Squadron, WarBirds. There are, of course, other guilds that have pilots in them, but these are either established guilds or ones that are promoting the gsf community and actively recruiting pilots.

The next most active would be Shadowlands and Ebon Hawk. I find them to be about equal, both communities there are good, but it can sometimes be hard to find a group or people wanting to group with you, especially if you're not a "known" pilot there.

On Shadowlands, I have yet to find any gsf guild on the imp side, but there is Shadowlands Reconnaissance Wing on the pub side. On Ebon Hawk, there is Eclipse Squadron imp side and their sister pub guild Nova Squadron. There is also Saberwing on the pub side.

On these last two servers, one side or the other usually dominates and rarely are things "even". I want to say they are pub side dominated, but you can sometimes find good imps and win a match or two.

Ebon Hawk gsf can get chatty, but it is quite often quiet on Shadowlands.

I flew a little on JC, but recently left there because the community seems to have closed its doors and if you're not a server "ace", then you don't get noticed and not worth the time of anybody. The only gsf guild on JC I know of is Red and Blue Ghost, but even they are mostly inactive now.

WarBirds (pub side) recently started recruiting for BC fly nights and I made one toon up there for each faction and have made an attempt to make it once a week, but the last time I tried, there was nobody on in WarBirds and nobody stepped up to make fly night happen. So I'm not too sure how that is going to play out.

So to answer your question... :)

1. Harbinger

2. Ebon Hawk

3. Shadowlands

4. JC

5. BC

Sixofone/Lucklessa (Harbinger)

Thanks for all the info.

I did find out about the cheap transfers last night and sent one of my characters over to Shadowlands. I got into three matches pretty quickly; definitely all PUGs. No chatter on the gsf channel (Republic side). Definitely an improvement over the current state of POT5, but I'll try Harbinger next...

I flew a little on JC, but recently left there because the community seems to have closed its doors and if you're not a server "ace", then you don't get noticed and not worth the time of anybody. The only gsf guild on JC I know of is Red and Blue Ghost, but even they are mostly inactive now.

Re: the bolded - I'm sorry you experienced this, sounds unpleasant. That said, I can't say I've seen this sort of thing. We have new people show up and fly all the time; this kind of complaint is news to me. Though perhaps I'm one of the "server aces" which constitute the problem? Maybe I can't see any issue from my perspective? I don't know. I'd ask you to give JC another chance, maybe you just had a run of bad luck last time you were there.

Definitely true about the lack of GSF guilds. There's one pub side which is fairly active, SecForce Squadron, but that's the only one I'm aware of.

Max, if it was just one time, I would say it was a bad night or something, but this went on for like a month. I'll give it another try, I still have one toon there I can fly on pub side. No imp though. If it's better, then I'll rescind my comment :)

Some imp Shadowlands guilds include the Imperial exiles (Clawbird squadron), Pub death mark, and Domination. I agree with maulkat's assessment, as she has been out and about as much as I have and is able to experience the differences between servers. Lately, however, I find TEH gsf population to be dwindling as harbinger and shadowlands take on more players.